+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I was away from this forum for a couple of weeks. End of August now and still not much progress in the applications of most of us. However, just to give you some update on mine, although my status shows "In Process" since July 10th, I called CIC today and was told that my file is still in Sydney i.e. not transferred to the local office yet. The agent still insisted that the time frame is 24 months!

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
april2015 said:
Guys, I was away from this forum for a couple of weeks. End of August now and still not much progress in the applications of most of us. However, just to give you some update on mine, although my status shows "In Process" since July 10th, I called CIC today and was told that my file is still in Sydney i.e. not transferred to the local office yet. The agent still insisted that the time frame is 24 months!
Welcome back April2015. Thanks for update though it is not good news for all in process applicants, that their files most likely still in Sydney and not yet transfered. The whole process for Vancouver and montreal applicants could take around 5 months. Hopefully we hear good news soon or have test invite without LOT as many spplicants do.
Is the processing time for post April 2015applicsnts 24 months or 12 months according to recent CIC update.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suva said:
hello everyone, my citizenship application is 'in process' right now. till yesterday the status showed my permanent residentship application(which was completed in 2012) along with my current citizenship application. but this morning I found my pr application part is gone. its only showing my citizenship application. does the change mean anything? is their any significance? thanks in advance for your quick reply.
Same thing happened to me as well. My Permanent Residence details were removed from my e-Cas. I believe they started working on the file and that the completed PR status is irrelavent to current ongoing citizenship process. Maybe there are other explanations?

Thanks.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
suva said:
hello everyone, my citizenship application is 'in process' right now. till yesterday the status showed my permanent residentship application(which was completed in 2012) along with my current citizenship application. but this morning I found my pr application part is gone. its only showing my citizenship application. does the change mean anything? is their any significance? thanks in advance for your quick reply.
I have never seen any reference to my PR application, and only see Citizenship status... do you mean earlier you could see 2 status one for PR & one for Citizenship?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
sunafi said:
I have never seen any reference to my PR application, and only see Citizenship status... do you mean earlier you could see 2 status one for PR & one for Citizenship?
Not everyone can see these previous status Sunafi. I never got mine showing on Ecas. I have renewed my PR card 10 months ago and it did not show at all when my citizenship ecas was activated on May.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Babi22 said:
Not everyone can see these previous status Sunafi. I never got mine showing on Ecas. I have renewed my PR card 10 months ago and it did not show at all when my citizenship ecas was activated on May.
np... thanks for your reply ... :)

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2015 said:

It should be a 12months or less application span for "routine" applications after April 1st 2015. That explains why some people in areas where there are lots of CIC resource are getting updates to their files. If you applied just before April, the statement by the CIC CS holds true.Saskatoon/Regina applicants have not had too many updates as they have limited staffs (CIC Resource) at their local office.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
sunafi said:
yes, I saw two different parts from the beginning of ' in process'. but now the pr application segment is gone.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunafi said:
In my case, I could see my PR status as "Completed". That was up until last week. By PR status, I meant the initial immigration status till I was granted Permanent Residence and Landed in Canada.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Finally a movement in April spreadsheet. Another one got test invite after long time. I wonder if his/her file was transferred to local office before test invite or not...

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Finally a movement in April spreadsheet. Another one got test invite after long time. I wonder if his/her file was transferred to local office before test invite or not...
Who? And local offic??