+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Zaker

Dec 13, 2013
boltz said:
Interesting Oren, last time you were mentioning of one applicant from may who got it, but the forum member came back said it was his/her mistake (his friends apps was received end apr, apr 27, I suppose), but I donot want to consider that specific case - it's all mixed up - firstly, a known friend, then it was told by that friend, then it was may 1st, then to end apr, then probably apr 27. I hope u see what I mean.

Is there ne one else who got aor for app received after apr 26? Would be interesting to know this.
As I mentioned before, my application received on April 28 and I got AOR on June 4th.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not just that one time, there are other people who posted here in the forum, see below. :(

He said his friend timeline is like this:
App sent: April 22
App rcvd: April 27
AoR: May 27

boltz said:
Interesting Oren, last time you were mentioning of one applicant from may who got it, but the forum member came back said it was his/her mistake (his friends apps was received end apr, apr 27, I suppose), but I donot want to consider that specific case - it's all mixed up - firstly, a known friend, then it was told by that friend, then it was may 1st, then to end apr, then probably apr 27. I hope u see what I mean

Is there ne one else who got aor for app received after apr 26? Would be interesting to know this.
April 27
SAMHR said:
I have sent my application on April 23,2015. CIC received on April 27,2015.

Thanks
April 29, somewhat...
nvr said:
Just rcvd the AOR.. :)

My application was initially rcvd on April 7, but sent back on April 12 due to missing information in a column.
The application was corrected and received by CIC on April 29.

Hope the timeline helps the others!
April 28
Zaker said:
Hi Everyone,

I just received AOR.

Application received CIC on April 28th.

Hope the others receive AOR soon.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Do we have any April 30th "application received" candidates here that actually received their AOR, but didn't report it here on our topic thread yet? I know some applicants are accidentally forgetting to report certain info updates. Thanks in advance for answering. God bless.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
FRIENDS BECAUSE WE ALL ARE
APRIL APPLICANTS. ANY BET
WHAT HAPPENS TO PROCESSING TIMES
ON OUR APPLICATIONS. ARE WE SCREWED.
THEY SAY ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BEFORE
APRIL 1ST WILL HAVE DECISION BY MARCH, 2016.
ANY CLUE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OUR APPLICATIONS.
ALREADY DELAYS HAPPENING IN AOR and INPROCESS...

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
godhelp said:
FRIENDS BECAUSE WE ALL ARE
APRIL APPLICANTS. ANY BET
WHAT HAPPENS TO PROCESSING TIMES
ON OUR APPLICATIONS. ARE WE SCREWED.
THEY SAY ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BEFORE
APRIL 1ST WILL HAVE DECISION BY MARCH, 2016.
ANY CLUE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OUR APPLICATIONS.
ALREADY DELAYS HAPPENING IN AOR and INPROCESS...
It's mean that you are in luck. Your application will be process within a year not two.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
wd1 said:
It's mean that you are in luck. Your application will be process within a year not two.
How could you know that? CIC did not mention anything about April-june 2015 applicants. Could uoy explain please..

Dimply

Apr 9, 2015
My Online status shows received.

Now its clear all applications will be finalized with in one year....................

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 9, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 21, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Syed

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My guess is that April 1, 2015 being the start of current fiscal year is hereby being considered as the beginning of the new fast track processing (less than a year) as mentioned by CIC earlier that from 2015-2016 the processing times for a citizenship application will be reduced to less than a year, therefore I believe that all the applications received by CIC on or after April 1st (whether accepted for processing by CIC under old rule of 3/4 years or after June 11th under 4/6 rule) will now be processed in less than a year while all the old applications that were submitted before April 1st too will be cleared by March 31, 2016 at the latest, contrary to the processing times taking longer than a year in the past, thus leaving no old backlog anymore by March 31, 2016 and all new applications will be processed in less than a year.

March 31, 2016 has been referred to as the end of current fiscal year (see below) which is why they gave the cut off date for applications submitted by March 31, 2015 i.e. end of last fiscal year. Whereas applications received on or after April 1, 2015 are being considered as new applications (under the new fast track program) and received in the current fiscal year. Hope that helps and hope my understanding of the below is clear too.

Quote "New citizenship applications are being finalized in a year or less, and it is expected that the backlog of older files will have been eliminated by the end of this fiscal year. Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016." Unquote

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants that applied between April 1st and June 10th should have the same processing time as those who applied after 11th June.
They will get the Citizenship in less then one year :D.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Amine Concordia said:
Applicants that applied between April 1st and June 10th should have the same processing time as those who applied after 11th June.
They will get the Citizenship in less then one year :D.
April2015 and Amine: I really hope your logic and
prediction comes true. But seeing the current processing for april applicants,
ie almost 50 days and it still shows received, I am doubtful..
i saw people who applied in march, who just had 5-7 days between Received and InProcess...

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I applied since april 11th and received in april 14th but still no AOR and i am so worried now with the new law. Is anyone in the same situation ? Do i call CIC? ??
THANKS YOU

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cassied said:
Hi everyone. I applied since april 11th and received in april 14th but still no AOR and i am so worried now with the new law. Is anyone in the same situation ? Do i call CIC? ??
THANKS YOU
Please be patient. It may take 1 to 4 months to receive AOR if the application is complete and not returned.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys

Just noticed that CIC changed the sentence structure a bit when I checked the details pertaining to my application using ecas tool.
What I see now is:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 8, 2015.

Last month or earlier during this month, this note was slightly different with info about Discover Canada and please consider delays in the mail and what not. Any idea why they changed it?

Cheers

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks you for your answer. One more qquestions they didnt send back my application so do you things that will be fine ? I am patient for waiting 4 month but if i get back my application after the new law ....