+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
CANMAPLE said:
Hey guys

Just noticed that CIC changed the sentence structure a bit when I checked the details pertaining to my application using ecas tool.
What I see now is:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 8, 2015.

Last month or earlier during this month, this note was slightly different with info about Discover Canada and please consider delays in the mail and what not. Any idea why they changed it?

Cheers
YES happened to me also. Still waiting to get file from Received status to Inprocess :-\

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
godhelp said:
YES happened to me also. Still waiting to get file from Received status to Inprocess :-\
the same for me too..any indication?
by the way godhelp..what do u think about processing time for April-june batch..?have you confirmed any information?

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
NOBODYLIKEME said:
by the way godhelp..what do u think about processing time for April-june batch..?have you confirmed any information?
NO CLUE AT ALL. I TRULY HOPE I MIGHT BE WRONG.
BUT I FEEL April--June applicants processing will be slowed.
They are interested in Clearing backlogs first. Also they are
really moving fast with old applicants to make them Citizens
asap so they can vote in October. If they plan to make April
applicants citizens before October so they can vote, then it
will be lightening fast. But the way statuses are moving these days
from Received to In process, or people receiving AOR that might not
be the case. Crossing fingers things move fast.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Same 4 me as well

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
godhelp said:
NO CLUE AT ALL. I TRULY HOPE I MIGHT BE WRONG.
BUT I FEEL April--June applicants processing will be slowed.
They are interested in Clearing backlogs first. Also they are
really moving fast with old applicants to make them Citizens
asap so they can vote in October. If they plan to make April
applicants citizens before October so they can vote, then it
will be lightening fast. But the way statuses are moving these days
from Received to In process, or people receiving AOR that might not
be the case. Crossing fingers things move fast.
thanks for reply. so what written on CIC website for applications before April 1st is not just an example as many people think...

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Based on your timeline, it is reasonable to draw an inference that CIC has been looking into/reviewing your claim for citizenship. Hence, the slight change in wording on ecas. It is quite possible that you might see your case moved into "in processing" stage tomorrow or before the end of this week.

Cheers

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Yes. just my 2 cents. I truly wish
that I am wrong and April--June 10th
applicants get processed in less than a Yr.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
CANMAPLE said:
Based on your timeline, it is reasonable to draw an inference that CIC has been looking into/reviewing your claim for citizenship. Hence, the slight change in wording on ecas. It is quite possible that you might see your case moved into "in processing" stage tomorrow or before the end of this week.

Cheers
I hope so. But I think the change in wording happened with all applicants..is not it?

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: April 1 - June 10th applicants

This is from the CIC website:

New citizenship applications are being finalized in a year or less, and it is expected that the backlog of older files will have been eliminated by the end of this fiscal year. Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.

The dates in bold above seem to be references to the fiscal year dates that Canada follows. The current fiscal year runs from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016. I don't think applications received post April 1, 2015 will be treated any differently than those recieved before that date.

Hopefully this would take away some of the stress around these dates :)

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey, yeah mine too has been updated to read as "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 15, 2015" but no idea why have they changed it

CANMAPLE said:
Hey guys

Just noticed that CIC changed the sentence structure a bit when I checked the details pertaining to my application using ecas tool.
What I see now is:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 8, 2015.

Last month or earlier during this month, this note was slightly different with info about Discover Canada and please consider delays in the mail and what not. Any idea why they changed it?

Cheers

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
I think it's changed to stop the confusion
Many people were waiting for a physical letter with the old words

april2015 said:
hey, yeah mine too has been updated to read as "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 15, 2015" but no idea why have they changed it

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Amine Concordia said:
Applicants that applied between April 1st and June 10th should have the same processing time as those who applied after 11th June.
They will get the Citizenship in less then one year :D.
Any news yet I guess we have same time line (application received on April 30)

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alhotmany said:
Any news yet I guess we have same time line (application received on April 30)
I didn't get the AOR yet :-[
I called CIC yesterday (Monday), they are still opening the applications received before April 24, 2015.
They told me the same thing when I called them in May 28, 2015.
That makes me believe that CIC reduced the number of agent opening new applications and gave priority to process old applications.
Since the citizenship act reforms are coming into force in June 11, 2015 there is nothing we can do if we get our application back.

Wish you the best

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I agree with you, this could probably be the reason for this change.

sunnyjupiter said:
I think it's changed to stop the confusion
Many people were waiting for a physical letter with the old words