+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amine Concordia said:
I've been calling CIC every day of this week, they all the time say the same thing, they are opening the applications received on 24th April 2015.
What is wrong with you? CIC call centre is not your personal assistant.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
It can take 1 to 4 months to receive AOR, so please be patient.
coolguysam. man ur dates are awesome.
did u never leave canada in 4 yrs. so fast
test date for u..... :eek:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
godhelp said:
coolguysam. man ur dates are awesome.
did u never leave canada in 4 yrs. so fast
test date for u..... :eek:

Thanks,

Yes, I did leave Canada but very few times.

I think Vancouver office is progressing fast for test invites. Few of other December Applicants got the test invite around same time as me.

I wish you good luck

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks,

Yes, I did leave Canada but very few times.

I think Vancouver office is progressing fast for test invites. Few of other December Applicants got the test invite around same time as me.

I wish you good luck
Really nice of Vancouver office. that is the correct speed
of doing things. Unfortunately my local office is calgary and
have heard things suck in calgary.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Amine Concordia said:
I don't know what going on ???
I've been calling CIC every day of this week, they all the time say the same thing, they are opening the applications received on 24th April 2015.
It tooks One week to open the applications received in one day ??? That's toooo slow
Or, must have been heavy down pour of applications that day... :eek:

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
Just received AOR! :D 9PMEST
Application received 04/26/2015
AOR: 06/05/2015

Good luck to everyone else

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada's citizenship laws will be fully in force as of June 11, 2015

Folks, it looks like June 11 for Bill C-24 to come into effect. Just come across the link a few minutes ago.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1551043/remaining-citizenship-act-reforms-coming-into-force

Here is the Text:

"Remaining Citizenship Act reforms coming into force
OTTAWA, June 5, 2015 /CNW/ - A final suite of reforms to strengthen and modernize Canada's citizenship laws will be fully in force as of June 11, 2015. The changes – part of a package of measures approved by Parliament last year – ensure new citizens can fully and quickly participate in Canada's economy and Canadian society.

The first set of provisions that came into force last summer to strengthen Canadian citizenship and speed up application processing times are already paying off. New citizenship applications are being finalized in a year or less, and it is expected that the backlog of older files will have been eliminated by the end of this fiscal year. Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.

Among the many benefits of the government's citizenship reforms, the new provisions will deter citizens of convenience – those who become citizens for the sake of having a Canadian passport to return to Canada to access taxpayer-funded benefits that come with citizenship status, without having any attachment to Canada, or contributing to the economy."

Still waiting for my AOR.

Good luck to us all.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Re: Canada's citizenship laws will be fully in force as of June 11, 2015

Cairo said:
Folks, it looks like June 11 for Bill C-24 to come into effect. Just come across the link a few minutes ago.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1551043/remaining-citizenship-act-reforms-coming-into-force

Here is the Text:

"Remaining Citizenship Act reforms coming into force
OTTAWA, June 5, 2015 /CNW/ - A final suite of reforms to strengthen and modernize Canada's citizenship laws will be fully in force as of June 11, 2015. The changes – part of a package of measures approved by Parliament last year – ensure new citizens can fully and quickly participate in Canada's economy and Canadian society.

The first set of provisions that came into force last summer to strengthen Canadian citizenship and speed up application processing times are already paying off. New citizenship applications are being finalized in a year or less, and it is expected that the backlog of older files will have been eliminated by the end of this fiscal year. Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.

Among the many benefits of the government's citizenship reforms, the new provisions will deter citizens of convenience – those who become citizens for the sake of having a Canadian passport to return to Canada to access taxpayer-funded benefits that come with citizenship status, without having any attachment to Canada, or contributing to the economy."

Still waiting for my AOR.

Good luck to us all.
Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.Two questions;
1- is submitted means sent date or receiving date (mine was sent March 30 and received April 2)
2- what about applications between April and June, 2015

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

NOBODYLIKEME said:
Individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016.Two questions;
1- is submitted means sent date or receiving date (mine was sent March 30 and received April 2)
2- what about applications between April and June, 2015
It probably means that applications before April 1st could take up to a year to reach a decision. It may be less for ones submitted after that date. I noticed that the whole process generally takes less than a year nowadays.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015

Cairo said:
It probably means that applications before April 1st could take up to a year to reach a decision. It may be less for ones submitted after that date. I noticed that the whole process generally takes less than a year nowadays.
thanks for reply. you mean applications after April 1st will be processed faster than those before, but why?

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
cic has a stupid statement. i dont understand
what happens to people who applied between
april 1st and june 10th ???. can anyone explain...

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godhelp said:
cic has a stupid statement. i dont understand
what happens to people who applied between
april 1st and june 10th ???. can anyone explain...
Dude it means, considering the cut off date June 11th, all the applicants who applied before April 1, 2015 will get their citizenship by March 31, 2016.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
lawabiden said:
Dude it means, considering the cut off date June 11th, all the applicants who applied before April 1, 2015 will get their citizenship by March 31, 2016.
thanks.the guy asks about applications between April 1st and June 10th. what will be their processing time?