+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nflcanada said:
My application arrived at CIC on April 21 and I'm sure it will be sent back because it's stale dated. Noticed it when I went through the copy that I made. I still haven't received it so if they screen it first, I should've received it back already. If they're not sending it back, I should've received an AOR by now. If they only opened it last week when the rest of the AOR emails of that day/period was sent, and then returned it by mail, then it makes sense that I haven't received it yet. Can take a week to get mail from NS to BC.
If you are sure it is stale dated then it would be returned. Can you shed more light that how you determined that it was stale dated?
Usually it takes 1 to 4 months for CIC to open the package and send AOR. Please be patient.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A copy of original transcript of records (all 4yrs - degree), I think it should be fine because they only ask for 1 proof of language right?

thecoolguysam said:
If you did not submit your diploma then what exactly did you send?

My degree had bilingual (English and native country's language)printed on it and it was accepted.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
oren said:
A copy of original transcript of records (all 4yrs - degree), I think it should be fine because they only ask for 1 proof of language right?
Why didn't you submit the copy of the degree/diploma along with the transcripts? Also, why are you concerned about non english words on your transcript?

Usually it is suggested to send copy of degree/diploma along with transcripts and if possible copies of marksheets (if available) to make the language proof more appealing.

If your diploma was done outside Canada (in a foreign country) then its also suggested to get a letter from the institute/college/university from where you obtained your diploma stating that "language of instruction was english"

In my case, I submitted copy of my bachelors degree, copies of all semesters marksheets, letter from my institute stating that the medium of instruction was english. For my master's degree, i submitted its copy and copies of the transcripts and also a letter from the university stating that medium of instruction was english.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Language proof if you are 18-54 years of age

Select one of the following types of proof to submit with your application:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

-only says select one, diploma or transcript, so I guess it's okay.
I submitted my application then later I saw like two to three Tagalog subjects written in Tagalog.
My sister submitted the same, no translation nor letter from the school but then she went to school here within that 4yrs.

thecoolguysam said:
Why didn't you submit the copy of the degree/diploma along with the transcripts? Also, why are you concerned about non english words on your transcript?

Usually it is suggested to send copy of degree/diploma along with transcripts and if possible copies of marksheets (if available) to make the language proof more appealing.

If your diploma was done outside Canada (in a foreign country) then its also suggested to get a letter from the institute/college/university from where you obtained your diploma stating that "language of instruction was english"

In my case, I submitted copy of my bachelors degree, copies of all semesters marksheets, letter from my institute stating that the medium of instruction was english. For my master's degree, i submitted its copy and copies of the transcripts and also a letter from the university stating that medium of instruction was english.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nvr said:
Just rcvd the AOR.. :)

My application was initially rcvd on April 7, but sent back on April 12 due to missing information in a column.
The application was corrected and received by CIC on April 29.

Hope the timeline helps the others!
Hello nvr,

Can you share with us which missing information make your first application send back ? Is will useful for someone of us. Thanks

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Today I called the CIC twice, both of agents told the same thing. They are still opening applications received in 24 April 2015.
Hopefully, this week or next week all April 2015 applicants should receive the AOR.
Be patient guys, and Good Luck.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Amine Concordia said:
Hi Guys,

Today I called the CIC twice, both of agents told the same thing. They are still opening applications received in 24 April 2015.
Hopefully, this week or next week all April 2015 applicants should receive the AOR.
Be patient guys, and Good Luck.
they received my application on 24th

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well it was an extremely silly mistake. In the parent's (father) column for my son, by mistake check mark for the column 8. F on "did you leave canada for more than 1 year..." was not put.

jcyj said:
Hello nvr,

Can you share with us which missing information make your first application send back ? Is will useful for someone of us. Thanks

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nvr said:
Well it was an extremely silly mistake. In the parent's (father) column for my son, by mistake check mark for the column 8. F on "did you leave canada for more than 1 year..." was not put.
Thanks for the information.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
brzykanadan said:
Today me and hubby received AORs after 5 weeks 3 days. Yepeee. Let the good news flood in this week!
Congrats!

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..