zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
I just found that I made a typo error in application form. I should write 2015-4 instead of 2014-4 in 1st row

6.F Work and education history

2014-12 2014-4 Work Company xyz Toronto, Canada
2013-12 2014-12 Work Company abc Toronto, Canada
2012-12 2013-12 Work Company def Toronto, Canada

what would you suggest:

1: I should wait for AOR or Application Returned
2: incase i receive AOR, i should send a cover letter and Highlighted typo correction page of application form
3: if i get my application returned after 4/6 law then wait and apply an year later
4: send a new application asap
Please suggest 1, 2, 3, 4 or any other feasible option

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zafari said:
I just found that I made a typo error in application form. I should write 2015-4 instead of 2014-4 in 1st row

what would you suggest:

2: incase i receive AOR, i should send a cover letter and Highlighted typo correction page of application form
3: if i get my application returned after 4/6 law then wait and apply an year later
No one here can give you "the feasible answer" you are looking for. Your best bet is to call CIC right away, explain that you made an error - they might put a note on your file and make that correction at the data entry stage OR suggest an alternative. Folks on this forum are applicants themselves, hence, do not have the knowledge or the authority to tell you what you should or should not do. Again, Call CIC right away or send them an email at question@cic.gc.ca

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANMAPLE said:
No one here can give you "the feasible answer" you are looking for. Your best bet is to call CIC right away, explain that you made an error - they might put a note on your file and make that correction at the data entry stage OR suggest an alternative. Folks on this forum are applicants themselves, hence, do not have the knowledge or the authority to tell you what you should or should not do. Again, Call CIC right away or send them an email at question @ cic.gc.ca
I was in a similar situation. I sent a new application with a cover letter. Again, its a personal call. CIC agent told me about two options: 1. Wait untll you receive AOR or returned application 2. Take a chance by sending new application with a cover letter explaining details. I decided to go with the second option.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wait, it's a small thing, hopefully they wont send it back and just think they can just ask you later on in the interview.
I have the same problem but mine is under 'From' column. All I'm doing now is wait. I don't want to send something and mess up everything. Just hope for the best *fingers crossed*

zafari said:

what would you suggest:

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
CANMAPLE said:
No one here can give you "the feasible answer" you are looking for. Your best bet is to call CIC right away, explain that you made an error - they might put a note on your file and make that correction at the data entry stage OR suggest an alternative. Folks on this forum are applicants themselves, hence, do not have the knowledge or the authority to tell you what you should or should not do. Again, Call CIC right away or send them an email at question @ cic.gc.ca
Thank you so much
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-give-your-opinion-on-my-mistake-in-application-form-t289839.0.html

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
nubee said:
I was in a similar situation. I sent a new application with a cover letter. Again, its a personal call. CIC agent told me about two options: 1. Wait untll you receive AOR or returned application 2. Take a chance by sending new application with a cover letter explaining details. I decided to go with the second option.
thank you nubee
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-give-your-opinion-on-my-mistake-in-application-form-t289839.0.html

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
oren said:
Just wait, it's a small thing, hopefully they wont send it back and just think they can just ask you later on in the interview.
I have the same problem but mine is under 'From' column. All I'm doing now is wait. I don't want to send something and mess up everything. Just hope for the best *fingers crossed*
thanks oren

Dawn5095

Feb 23, 2013
Seems like i'm one of the two ppl, application received on April 13, and still didn't received AOR????@##$

Waiting and waiting :( :( :(

brzykanadan

Feb 19, 2015
Ok so it seems like this week there has been hardly any AORs....it looks like things are slowing down, which SUCKS. Have a great long weekend filled with sunshine.

toronto201516

May 15, 2015
Hi,

I paid the fee for my citizenship application online on Thursday (14-May-2015). At the last step, I didnt get any bardcoded receipt with the section to fill my name as mentioned in instructions guide. I only got a simple 'transaction approved' receipt. Please help me to let me know that will i receive the barcoded receipt in email? and when? As i need barcode receipt to send with my citizenship application.

Looking for responses

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto201516, you should get the receipt with barcode when you are paying, and a copy of the receipt with the barcode will be sent to your email at the Same minute.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
toronto201516 said:
Hi,

I paid the fee for my citizenship application online on Thursday (14-May-2015). At the last step, I didnt get any bardcoded receipt with the section to fill my name as mentioned in instructions guide. I only got a simple 'transaction approved' receipt. Please help me to let me know that will i receive the barcoded receipt in email? and when? As i need barcode receipt to send with my citizenship application.

Looking for responses
Click on the following link:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/

Click on View all receipts on the top right corner of the screen.

You may need to login to access your receipts.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
;D I'm going to go with my instincts and say the CIC will accept my application paperwork, and send me AOR soon enough. No way I made drastic mistakes to the point of getting a complete return. The worst they can do is ask me for additional information and so on, after the AOR, during the processing time. I have read earlier cases of people getting actual AOR with much bigger reported "mistakes" than the ones I listed. The faith building has begun. ;D

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
CIC seems to slow down on sending AORs for applications received mid April onwards. The AORs received last week seems very less( if any) compared to previous weeks, not sure if we will see AORs' rains next week after the long weekend but let's hope for the best. Fingers crossed for this pailful waiting process :)

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am just curious why would someone delete me entry in April spreadsheet.

Cant be blamed for not updating my details if I have not received AOR till now. :eek: ::)