+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Are there any expert members available to answer my question at the bottom of Page 25 on this thread?

Sorry, just very lost and I haven't discovered the answer yet.

Dimply

Apr 9, 2015
Could you please write down the steps how i can check my status online??

What could be write down in Identification Type??
And Identification Number??

Syed

seminole said:
Hello Friends,

Late to the forum but here is my status:

Application sent to CIC: 6th April
Application received by CIC: 8th April
AOR received via email: 23rd April
ECAS activated: 26th April

Updated the same in the April spreadsheet.

All the best to everyone!

Cheers,

Seminole

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Dimply said:

Syed
Client identification number is 8 digit number on the front of pr card in format 1234-5678

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Folks, anybody knows the average time for CIC to return incomplete applications? CIC received my application on April 23, I did not receive anything so far.. Does that mean my application is complete because of it wasn't I would have received something by now. Is that fair assumption ?

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
My application arrived on April 21 and I'm almost certain it will be returned because I made a mistake with the date it was signed and is stale dated. I haven't received it yet so I don't think they opened or checked the applications from April 21 onwards yet

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Me too , I did the same mistake ( stale date) for my kids applications but I sent them the corrected applications again once I discovered the error( but without the supporting docs). CIC response in March and early April was way faster, used to be 1 week to return incomplete applications and 2 weeks for AOR, not sure what's happening now .... Fingers crossed

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
What is a "stale date" mean? Also I signed and dated my application paperwork for the same date I sent them out, April 28th. Was that a mistake or something?

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Stale date is when the date on the application is more than 3 months before the application is received by cic. I wrote 2015-01-17 rather than 2015-04-17 accidently(typo). It is more than 3 months before the date the app was received (21st)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hany_sams said:
Folks, anybody knows the average time for CIC to return incomplete applications? CIC received my application on April 23, I did not receive anything so far.. Does that mean my application is complete because of it wasn't I would have received something by now. Is that fair assumption ?
Usually applications are returned within 1-2 months.

If they accept the application, it will take around 1 - 4 months to receive acknowledgement.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Dimply said:

Syed
Use the following link:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

Enter the UCI (Client ID) printed in the front of the pr card with format xxxx-xxxx (8 digit numericals only).

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Looks like my entire application could be rejected, because I think I originally signed my signatures on my application documents in blue ink....I also filled in my application by typing, and not pen writing.....rejected application here we come... looks like ill get stuck with the 4/6 year rule....oh well... :'(

wenbee222

May 14, 2015
hany_sams said:
Me too , I did the same mistake ( stale date) for my kids applications but I sent them the corrected applications again once I discovered the error( but without the supporting docs). CIC response in March and early April was way faster, used to be 1 week to return incomplete applications and 2 weeks for AOR, not sure what's happening now .... Fingers crossed
hey may i know after you sent the correct application for CIC did they reply to you? i had a mistake as well, and i am thinking to send them a correct page and explaination letter.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue ink signature, I agree since it should be black. You can fill up the application by typing, didn't say anything about pen writing, just the signature.

Anthony_nyc said:
Looks like my entire application could be rejected, because I think I originally signed my signatures on my application documents in blue ink....I also filled in my application by typing, and not pen writing.....rejected application here we come... looks like ill get stuck with the 4/6 year rule....oh well... :'(

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
wenbee222 said:
hey may i know after you sent the correct application for CIC did they reply to you? i had a mistake as well, and i am thinking to send them a correct page and explaination letter.
They did not response yet

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony_nyc said:

Given the amount of errors, you have on your application, the chances are high that it might end up back in your mailbox - but hey, you never know. If it did end up back in your mailbox, then so be it - I mean just wait a year or two and apply again - not the end of the world lol In the mean time, use uncle sam's passport cum citizenship to travel internationally.

Cheers