16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
good day everyone,
it s so nice to be back to this forum. ;)
please allow me to to add my self to the list of those who applied on april 2015
citizenship application sent on: 14th april 2015
received by CIC on: 16th april 2015
AoR: 6th may 2015
Ecas: 8th may 2015.
thank u and good luck to all of us :)

AGMH

Apr 12, 2015
sushi1988 said:
Hi,

Current spreadsheet shows that following applicants have not received AOR despite application was received by CIC on or before April 16th, 2015. Please update your info if you have already received AOR.

nvr, bigleafbride, mmu, Ashu, Dawn5095, AGMH, fedex682

Thanks in advance.
I still didn't receive the AOR... I check my mailbox and email regularly.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
CANMAPLE said:
Hey guys
I contacted CIC last Wednesday and recieved a written notification confirming that they've been issuing AOR letters for applications received on April 13, 2015. I got mine two days later so it doesn't make any sense why some of you are still waiting on yours especially if your applications have been received prior to April 16, 2015. CIC now takes about anywhere in between 3 weeks to a month to issue AOR letters.

Cheers
Hi CANMAPLE, what number did you call to reach CIC? My application was received by the CIC (sent by Fedex) on April 15 and I am yet to receive my AOR. My application has not been returned too so I presume my application is okay.

apatel2489

Sep 25, 2013
My application was received on April 13th and i am still waiting for AOR. I did not receive any emails or mail. i have called CIC but agent said they are still working on Friday 10th April so just Waiting...

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
So I called 1-888-242‑2100 - the CIC contact center.

I was not able to talk to an agent but the automated message said that they are processing applications sent before April 10, 2015. There you go guys. Do not get too concerned just yet :D

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
With all respect to seniors, with the current speed and timing, the AOR should not take 4 month! roughly more than a month or 6 weeks is OK though, thank god I got mine on May 8th,

I suggest people don't get worried but calling CIC and finding out they have opened all application up to which date is a good thing,

Don't worry CIC won't keep track of how many times you called, just be careful about being polite to the agent ;D

sushi1988

Apr 14, 2015
fedex682 said:

I was not able to talk to an agent but the automated message said that they are processing applications sent before April 10, 2015. There you go guys. Do not get too concerned just yet :D
Well CIC is always a week behind in updating the info on their website or automated messages. If they are working on applications sent before April 10, 2015 then how all the people after April 10th got their AOR? Only good news is nobody after April 16th has reported that he/she has got an AOR.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
fedex682 said:

Clearly, the AOR process sped up in Feb/Mar/early Apr; but now slowing down.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
I just got my AOR like 5 minutes back by email!

Application sent: April 11
Application received: April 15
AOR Received: May 12

;D

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello all, "Easy" question....

Since myself and others have not received AOR, does that mean we will be processed based on the new C-24 rules going into effect June/July? Or do we get processed based on the old rules, because our mail was sent and received already? I don't understand what our rules are based on at the moment. (Mail sent/receive date or AOR receive date)

sushi1988

Apr 14, 2015
fedex682 said:
I just got my AOR like 5 minutes back by email!

Application sent: April 11
Application received: April 15
AOR Received: May 12

;D
Congrats to you.

I had sent my application through Canada Express Post. Due to space restrictions I had put address as follows:

CPC—Sydney-Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, NS B1P 6V6
Canada

It was received and signed on April 16th 2015. I hope CIC must have received it correctly because I abbreviated CPC for Case Processing Center, But had also written full address elsewhere on the envelop.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
sushi1988 said:
Congrats to you.

I had sent my application through Canada Express Post. Due to space restrictions I had put address as follows:

CPC—Sydney-Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, NS B1P 6V6
Canada

It was received and signed on April 16th 2015. I hope CIC must have received it correctly because I abbreviated CPC for Case Processing Center, But had also written full address elsewhere on the envelop.
Sushi1988, Relax. Don't strain yourself a lot thinking about this. One of my other friends who submitted her application April 13 has not got an AOR yet. If you have not got back the application by now it is more or less certain that your application is good. Hang in there. You should hear something soon! :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello all, "Easy" question....

Since myself and others have not received AOR, does that mean we will be processed based on the new C-24 rules going into effect June/July? Or do we get processed based on the old rules, because our mail was sent and received already? I don't understand what our rules are based on at the moment. (Mail sent/receive date or AOR receive date)
i think by "Old Rule"

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats fedex682, hopefully others will get theirs soon too, just be patient and positive :)

Anthony_nyc - just so you know AOR is the key. If you have received the AOR, you are good and it means CIC has acknowledged your documents and has almost begun the process, which further means that your application has been considered for processing under the existing 3/4 years rule. Documents received by CIC as per the records of the courier company is not enough unless you receive an official AOR from CIC. If for some reason the documents are returned by CIC back to the sender i.e. due to any errors in the application or missing document / information and if at that time the 4/6 rule comes into effect, then CIC's previous acknowledgement (as per the courier company and NOT an AOR) does not mean anything and the application resubmitted at that time will then be considered under the 4/6 rule. Hope this clarifies. That is why I always recommend people to send their application ASAP if they complete their 1095 days cuz the 1460 days rule may be implemented anytime and then they will have to wait for another 1 year plus the processing time. Moreover, whoever is sending their application these days must make sure that their application / documents are complete and free from any errors to eliminate every single chance of getting it returned to them i.e. review it 10 times or even have someone else review it for you i.e. extra pair of eyes before you mail the document out. Finally, send it by overnight courier to save on time, of course it would cost you much more than the regular mail but it's worth a spent amid the possibility of 4/6 rule getting nearer.

mamunkanak

Nov 2, 2012
april2015 said:
Congrats fedex682, hopefully others will get theirs soon too, just be patient and positive :)

Anthony_nyc - just so you know AOR is the key. If you have received the AOR, you are good and it means CIC has acknowledged your documents and has almost begun the process, which further means that your application has been considered for processing under the existing 3/4 years rule. Documents received by CIC as per the records of the courier company is not enough unless you receive an official AOR from CIC. If for some reason the documents are returned by CIC back to the sender i.e. due to any errors in the application or missing document / information and if at that time the 4/6 rule comes into effect, then CIC's previous acknowledgement (as per the courier company and NOT an AOR) does not mean anything and the application resubmitted at that time will then be considered under the 4/6 rule. Hope this clarifies. That is why I always recommend people to send their application ASAP if they complete their 1095 days cuz the 1460 days rule may be implemented anytime and then they will have to wait for another 1 year plus the processing time. Moreover, whoever is sending their application these days must make sure that their application / documents are complete and free from any errors to eliminate every single chance of getting it returned to them i.e. review it 10 times or even have someone else review it for you i.e. extra pair of eyes before you mail the document out. Finally, send it by overnight courier to save on time, of course it would cost you much more than the regular mail but it's worth a spent amid the possibility of 4/6 rule getting nearer.
That's why I am a bit worried too. Was anyone's application received by a signatory with initials 'D S' ?