Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Amine Concordia said:
Oh Canada ;D
Did everyone get his Oath ceremony letter ?
Are all April applicants Canadians now ?
most of them.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
buckshot said:
Dears,

I need your advice please. I became a PR in OCT 2012 as skilled immigrant. And stayed in Canada until Aug 2013 with an approximate 300 days.
During that time I was volunteering for Canadian Red Cross and after that I got a job in Ghana for a Canadian International development agency fund from Ottawa and stayed in a disaster area of Ghana for a year until Sept 2013. Then from there after a two month break I got a job working in rural Afghanistan for a Canadian project to reduce maternal mortality and I am still currently there, I had few trips in between to Canada. And in March 2015 I applied for the Citizenship with a help of a lawyer and last month i.e. Jan 2016, I was invited for the test.

I completed and passed the test in Mississauga as I came on an emergency basis to come back to the country, but the officer was so rude that he kept trying me persuade me to withdraw my application but I insisted and he gave me a RQ and now my case shall go to the judge. I did not expect that kind of a treatment for sure. He didnt even read my file or my contributions in hard places for the Government grants and just made up his mind after seeing the days.

I like to also mention that I have 2 masters degree, one from Canada from distance learning, and I am also fluent in French and English. I am unmarried and 32 yrs old with no kids and I also have an aunt and Uncle in Canada.

So I kindly have few questions, if anyone can please assist me:

1) What are my chances with 300 days of presence, but I have worked on Canadian projects in disaster and War areas for 3 and half years. The projects are worth $ 45 million. I have all my papers and visa copies to prove this.

2) How long will the hearing take me? As without citizenship I cannot apply for high level jobs in Canada? Even though I am completely qualified with my field experiences and languages.

3) Why did they invite me to the test if they had a problem with the number of days?

Here is my timeline:

March 2015: Applied
Jan 2016: Invited for Test and passed
Jan 2016: RQ received
Feb 2016 ( hopefully): RQ sent

I shall really appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Buckshot
As you know all the readers comments are based on share knowledge from various threads of this and other forums.

CIC strictly enforces eligibility criteria. Besides fee, the candidate MUST have 1095 physical days presence in Canada to be considered besides clean security records. Exemption is considered ONLY if the candidate was serving the Canadian Government outside, defense forces or away to represent Canada in the international sports or other events.

They are many instances where the candidates had few weeks short and their applications were dragged for 4 years and then rejected.

Due to whatever reasons if any candidate had less than 1095 days it results in non-routine processing, 36 + months. Then file is assigned for Citizenship judge's hearing. Unfortunately in most of the cases, Judges interpret that shortage as ineligible for approval.

I'm afraid your case look quite weak, seriously consider your other options.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test is in the morning. I'm super nervous. I hope all of it goes well. If it does and all the paper work checks out i get to take the oath tmrw evening aswell.

Send me positive energy guys :)

Borga

Dec 3, 2015
Hello,

Here is my timeline:
-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 25, 2015.
-We started processing your application on July 3, 2015.

Still no update on cic website and no mail. I was wondering if anyone has similar timeline and waiting? :-[

Thank you folks,
Best wishes to all

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just passed my test 20/20 and have an oath ceremony this evening where i'll become a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you for all the help that everyone offered here on this forum. I wish everyone the best.

Someone here listed an app that you can use to practice the test. Well i listened to the audiobook once and just did lots and lots of questions using this app and the questions were almost identical on the test with few exceptions.

App name is: OCASI and its funded by Canadian citizenship and immigration Canada

Good luck everyone and thanks again.

Le Tachaque

Jan 15, 2016
So are you a citizen already sunny girl? I sure hope so.

On a similar note, I just passed my test with 20/20 at the Expo Boulevard office. The place was packed. There was citizenship in the air.. And a hefty bit of rain ;D

The test was probably the easiest test I've ever encountered since I've started school. I finished in 7 minutes, and I still had to wait a while for my interview because a lot of people finished even before me. I think failing is the harder thing to do with it. Reading the book a couple of times and answering a couple hundred sample questions on different sites should do the trick for most applicants. They provide the pencil with an eraser, you can carry everything you like with you as long as you keep them in your bag and refrain from using them. You can drink water in the waiting room, but can't consume anything else. In the test room, even water is not allowed. I spent approximately 100 minutes or so in the building for the whole process, not even 2 hours. That can be substantially longer. The later you arrive and the longer you take to finish the test, the longer it'll take your interview turn to come. So you should probably allocate at least 2 hours and a half to be on the safe side. It's a good idea to take a day off work, or half a day if that works for you.

The polite woman who interviewed me only asked for the basic documents that would constitute a form of ID, no pay stubs or anything like that. I had one expired passport and a new one, with two separate stamps (entry stamp for the destination country and the entry stamp I acquired when returning to Canada) for the same trip on two separate passports. The one on the old passport was of horrid quality so it took her a while to find it, so I had to show it to her myself. That seemed to be the only issue with my application. She did not ask for any translations. In fact she did not even ask to see my diploma or my confirmation of permanent residence. In the end she said something along the lines of "I don't see anything wrong with your case. Things may change if something that I'm not seeing at the moment comes up later on. In any other case, you should expect to be invited to the upcoming oath ceremony in your town".

So it looks like the happy ending is imminent and I might greet the spring blossoms as a full fledged canuck. I hope I don't run into any surprises, and I wish the same for all fellow applicants.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Le Tachaque said:
So are you a citizen already sunny girl? I sure hope so.

On a similar note, I just passed my test with 20/20 at the Expo Boulevard office. The place was packed. There was citizenship in the air.. And a hefty bit of rain ;D

The test was probably the easiest test I've ever encountered since I've started school. I finished in 7 minutes, and I still had to wait a while for my interview because a lot of people finished even before me. I think failing is the harder thing to do with it. Reading the book a couple of times and answering a couple hundred sample questions on different sites should do the trick for most applicants. They provide the pencil with an eraser, you can carry everything you like with you as long as you keep them in your bag and refrain from using them. You can drink water in the waiting room, but can't consume anything else. In the test room, even water is not allowed. I spent approximately 100 minutes or so in the building for the whole process, not even 2 hours. That can be substantially longer. The later you arrive and the longer you take to finish the test, the longer it'll take your interview turn to come. So you should probably allocate at least 2 hours and a half to be on the safe side. It's a good idea to take a day off work, or half a day if that works for you.

The polite woman who interviewed me only asked for the basic documents that would constitute a form of ID, no pay stubs or anything like that. I had one expired passport and a new one, with two separate stamps (entry stamp for the destination country and the entry stamp I acquired when returning to Canada) for the same trip on two separate passports. The one on the old passport was of horrid quality so it took her a while to find it, so I had to show it to her myself. That seemed to be the only issue with my application. She did not ask for any translations. In fact she did not even ask to see my diploma or my confirmation of permanent residence. In the end she said something along the lines of "I don't see anything wrong with your case. Things may change if something that I'm not seeing at the moment comes up later on. In any other case, you should expect to be invited to the upcoming oath ceremony in your town".

So it looks like the happy ending is imminent and I might greet the spring blossoms as a full fledged canuck. I hope I don't run into any surprises, and I wish the same for all fellow applicants.
I am a citizen now...applying for my passport tmrw :)...good luck to you

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Hi all,

Wanted to share my husband's timeline and experience with everyone on this blessed forum.

This is what shows up on our Ecas:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 26, 2015.

Don't know if this has been happening lately and if other people have noticed this, but ecas does not update as often as you would hope. We have already passed the test and interview on January 25, and have been scheduled for oath on Tuesday February 23, 2016. The "in process" changed to "decision made" only a day after the interview. Other than that the oath date or the date we took the test doesnt show up on ecas. So guys stay put doesn't matter if u don't see any updates online check your mail religiously!

Good luck to everyone!! All us April applicants will be Canadians very very soon if not already ;D ;D

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm an April 2015 applicant that has not been on this thread in a LONG WHILE, so many apologies.

I already had my test and interview back in October 1st, 2015, passing the test and had horrible interview. I was requested to send in additional documents via CIT 0520, and sent in my CIT 0520 form with the requested docs on December 18th, 2015. Just a few days ago my status changed to "Decision Made". I don't know if the decision will be an oath invitation ceremony or an actual rejection. Anyone in my particular situation, I ask again here because we are all April 2015 applicants.

Thanks!

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello everyone,

I'm an April 2015 applicant that has not been on this thread in a LONG WHILE, so many apologies.

I already had my test and interview back in October 1st, 2015, passing the test and had horrible interview. I was requested to send in additional documents via CIT 0520, and sent in my CIT 0520 form with the requested docs on December 18th, 2015. Just a few days ago my status changed to "Decision Made". I don't know if the decision will be an oath invitation ceremony or an actual rejection. Anyone in my particular situation, I ask again here because we are all April 2015 applicants.

Thanks!
you will get the oath invitation soon. nope, its not a rejection

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my wife's timeline, office is Montreal.

Application Received => 14-APR-2015
AOR in Email => 4-MAY-2015
eCAS Activated => UNKNOWN
Processing Started => 05-Jun-2015
File Transferred => 22-JUN-2015, MONTREAL
Test Date => 21-AUG-2015
Received RQ => 24-SEPT-2015
Sent RQ => 5-DEC-2015
Series of calls received in JAN-2015
Sent Notice => 22-FEB-2016
Oath of Citizenship Ceremony => 9-MARCH-2016

We were really surprised about the speed of the process. They had so many questions and requests for information that were so hard to fulfill (hotel receipt from a weekend in New Hampshire in 2011, for example), but it all worked out fine.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
status got changed to decision made yesterday.. seems like oath is on the way

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
checked the status and a line for oath got added.

oath on 18th march at 8.00 am

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010