+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Application

goulden

Sep 17, 2014
Karen111 said:
Congratulations on getting your PR!!!!

I did my landing at the local office in Toronto and the whole procedure (including the wait time) took me less than 15 mins. The landing process could be this short (15 mins....) but I can't believe the officer made you guys to wait for two hours to go on her lunch break...
Hi, I do not know that you can complete the PR landing processing in Toronto Local office. Can you give details information about it? how and where I can do that?

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
duplex said:
Finally it's me who can share the landing experience.

So I landed yesterday at the Rainbow Bridge. I arrived at the boarder around 10 am, and when I talked to the US officer, I mentioned I am going to do flagpole as others did. He quickly took my passport and then gave them back to me with a sheet. He told me to drive my car to the left hand side where an officer will come to me. I followed his instruction and an officer standing there quickly took my passport and the sheet. He asked me to just wait in the car, and about one or two minute later, he shows up again and gave me everything before he asked me to follow him and opened a gate so I could make a U-turn to come back to Canada. He even said good luck to my stay in Canada.

I paid the toll for crossing the bridge again ($4 CAD or $3.5 USD), and then quickly met a Canadian officer. I gave him the documents and told him we wanted to land as a PR. He checked the document quickly and then asked me to park my car at my left hand side and just go into the office. I did and then went into the office, where I saw about 10 people sitting and waitting, with roughly 7 or 8 officers there. I handed our document to one officer and he said you can just sit and wait until we call your name. I waited for about 1.5 hour before one young lady finally called us. She asked us some basic questions separately (any criminal charges, any dependent not claimed) and then signed the document. After that we were told to wait for another couple minutes and finally she called us again and gave us back our passport with one CoPR stapled on it. She briefly mentioned that once we get the PR card we can take the CoPR out of the passport, and how we can do with our SIN/OHIP. She also told us about the current citizenship policy. At last, she congradulate us and say you can leave now. I did ask her that the first entry date in the CoPR does not seem right, she said it's all taken care of in the computer system and I don't have to worry.

Overall a pleasant landing process except waited for a bit of time. The only thing I had with me is passport and the CoPR. I will report when I get my PR card in the future.

Thanks for all the people sharing the information and help out each other in the forum. I didn't know much about the whole PR process so I couldn't really help much but ask questions, but if anyone wants to ask me anything I will still try to answer as best as I can. I will list my timeline here again.

Apr 3, 2014 App Received at CIO
Apr 28, 2014 AOR Received through email
Early May, 2014 ECAS showed: We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2014.
Oct 28, 2014 ECAS showed: We started processing your application on October 24, 2014.
Oct 28, 2014 RPRF Request Received through email
Oct 28, 2014 RPRF Paid on-line and Receipt Sent
Dec 5, 2014 Did Medical Exam without Medical Request
Dec 10, 2014 Doc informed that ME Result Normal and Uploaded
Mar 17, 2015 ECAS showed: Medical results have been received.
Mar 17, 2015 ECAS showed: A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Mar 19, 2015 CIC officer contacted through email about the wrong CoPR being sent to me
Mar 20, 2015 CIC officer contacted through phone about the wrong CoPR being sent to me and asked me to send it back
Mar 23, 2015 First CoPR Received in the mail
Mar 24, 2015 First CoPR Sent back to CIC
Mar 25, 2015 First CoPR Received by CIC
Apr 9, 2015 Second CoPR Received in the mail
Apr 11, 2015 Landed

That's all. Hope you all get your PR soon and enjoy your life in Canada.
A quick update about my ECAS status. Now it shows Complete. A fifth entry says "You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on April 11, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident."

I guess there won't be any further update on the ECAS status.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Is landing through an airport any different - i.e. quicker/easier, etc?

sjulien said:
My friend has also landed from Rainbow bridge last week. He told me that during 1PM to 3PM , there is no landing process.

I am waiting for my passport back. Let's see.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
I am thinking of flying to US for a family gathering in June and utilizing that trip to land provided we get the PR by then.

duplex said:
A quick update about my ECAS status. Now it shows Complete. A fifth entry says "You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on April 11, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident."

I guess there won't be any further update on the ECAS status.

mypr2014

May 29, 2014
Cabalen said:
How long did you wait to get an appointment?

Yes sometimes your really have to wait. You either see a lot of people in line or just because of the officer. I also waited quite sometime before being called but not 2 hours.

But going to the border is still faster, in a sense that you can do it immediately once your received your passport, and more convenient, you choose your time when to go there, but this is more of a preference for each person.
My wait time is around 2 hrs.

mypr2014

May 29, 2014
Karen111 said:
Congratulations on getting your PR!!!!

I did my landing at the local office in Toronto and the whole procedure (including the wait time) took me less than 15 mins. The landing process could be this short (15 mins....) but I can't believe the officer made you guys to wait for two hours to go on her lunch break...
Thank you,
My WP is expiring on same day and I did not applied for BOWP , so I can not wait for local office appointment.

I took a big risk of waiting for last moment to apply BOWP.
:p

mypr2014

May 29, 2014
sjulien said:
My friend has also landed from Rainbow bridge last week. He told me that during 1PM to 3PM , there is no landing process.

I am waiting for my passport back. Let's see.
May be your friend is right , there are several people waiting before me.
But the officers not disclosing the same.

WildCowboy

Apr 6, 2014
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done my landing today at CIC office in Calgary. It was super simple and took 20 minutes only. You have to schedule an appointment 3 weeks in advance though.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
WildCowboy said:
I have done my landing today at CIC office in Calgary. It was super simple and took 20 minutes only. You have to schedule an appointment 3 weeks in advance though.
Hi wildcowboy

Could you please share your experience how does it work? I ,live in Toronto and waiting for PPR. Once received I would love to do landing at office in Toronto instead of going to Niagara Falls for landing documents....

Thanks!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
WildCowboy said:
Can we do landing at any CIC office in this list ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#on

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
CEC_1304 said:
Can we do landing at any CIC office in this list ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#on
So this means only CIC would ask and make an appointment. We can't make an appointment online with them right?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
veeru5 said:
So this means only CIC would ask and make an appointment. We can't make an appointment online with them right?
I am not sure but looks like we need to call CIC agent and ask for office appointment
BUT
I am not sure all office are capable to do landing
That's what was my Q

WildCowboy

Apr 6, 2014
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veeru5 said:
Hi wildcowboy

Could you please share your experience how does it work? I ,live in Toronto and waiting for PPR. Once received I would love to do landing at office in Toronto instead of going to Niagara Falls for landing documents....

Thanks!
There was a CIC phone number on CoPR. I gave a call and asked if I can do landing in Calgary. They said yes you can, asked few questions and told me wait for an invitation that will be sent via regular mail in 3 weeks. I got an e-mail within a week and the same thing in mailbox a week after. There is an address, date and time on the invitation. Interview went super smooth and super easy. They just check you identity, ask regular questions about crime and fraud and give you new CoPR and stamp in passport. That is all.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
WildCowboy said:
There was a CIC phone number on CoPR. I gave a call and asked if I can do landing in Calgary. They said yes you can, asked few questions and told me wait for an invitation that will be sent via regular mail in 3 weeks. I got an e-mail within a week and the same thing in mailbox a week after. There is an address, date and time on the invitation. Interview went super smooth and super easy. They just check you identity, ask regular questions about crime and fraud and give you new CoPR and stamp in passport. That is all.

Oh ok i thot we could get appointment quickly, its better to visit Niagara falls. I am already sick of waiting for my PPR so would go right away to niagara falls

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
WildCowboy said:
Congrats!!! :D
Sheet updated!