+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Application

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
Finally it's me who can share the landing experience.

So I landed yesterday at the Rainbow Bridge. I arrived at the boarder around 10 am, and when I talked to the US officer, I mentioned I am going to do flagpole as others did. He quickly took my passport and then gave them back to me with a sheet. He told me to drive my car to the left hand side where an officer will come to me. I followed his instruction and an officer standing there quickly took my passport and the sheet. He asked me to just wait in the car, and about one or two minute later, he shows up again and gave me everything before he asked me to follow him and opened a gate so I could make a U-turn to come back to Canada. He even said good luck to my stay in Canada.

I paid the toll for crossing the bridge again ($4 CAD or $3.5 USD), and then quickly met a Canadian officer. I gave him the documents and told him we wanted to land as a PR. He checked the document quickly and then asked me to park my car at my left hand side and just go into the office. I did and then went into the office, where I saw about 10 people sitting and waitting, with roughly 7 or 8 officers there. I handed our document to one officer and he said you can just sit and wait until we call your name. I waited for about 1.5 hour before one young lady finally called us. She asked us some basic questions separately (any criminal charges, any dependent not claimed) and then signed the document. After that we were told to wait for another couple minutes and finally she called us again and gave us back our passport with one CoPR stapled on it. She briefly mentioned that once we get the PR card we can take the CoPR out of the passport, and how we can do with our SIN/OHIP. She also told us about the current citizenship policy. At last, she congradulate us and say you can leave now. I did ask her that the first entry date in the CoPR does not seem right, she said it's all taken care of in the computer system and I don't have to worry.

Overall a pleasant landing process except waited for a bit of time. The only thing I had with me is passport and the CoPR. I will report when I get my PR card in the future.

Thanks for all the people sharing the information and help out each other in the forum. I didn't know much about the whole PR process so I couldn't really help much but ask questions, but if anyone wants to ask me anything I will still try to answer as best as I can. I will list my timeline here again.

Apr 3, 2014 App Received at CIO
Apr 28, 2014 AOR Received through email
Early May, 2014 ECAS showed: We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2014.
Oct 28, 2014 ECAS showed: We started processing your application on October 24, 2014.
Oct 28, 2014 RPRF Request Received through email
Oct 28, 2014 RPRF Paid on-line and Receipt Sent
Dec 5, 2014 Did Medical Exam without Medical Request
Dec 10, 2014 Doc informed that ME Result Normal and Uploaded
Mar 17, 2015 ECAS showed: Medical results have been received.
Mar 17, 2015 ECAS showed: A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Mar 19, 2015 CIC officer contacted through email about the wrong CoPR being sent to me
Mar 20, 2015 CIC officer contacted through phone about the wrong CoPR being sent to me and asked me to send it back
Mar 23, 2015 First CoPR Received in the mail
Mar 24, 2015 First CoPR Sent back to CIC
Mar 25, 2015 First CoPR Received by CIC
Apr 9, 2015 Second CoPR Received in the mail
Apr 11, 2015 Landed

That's all. Hope you all get your PR soon and enjoy your life in Canada.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
duplex said:

So I landed yesterday at the Rainbow Bridge. I arrived at the boarder around 10 am, and when I talked to the US officer, I mentioned I am going to do flagpole as others did. He quickly took my passport and then gave them back to me with a sheet. He told me to drive my car to the left hand side where an officer will come to me. I followed his instruction and an officer standing there quickly took my passport and the sheet. He asked me to just wait in the car, and about one or two minute later, he shows up again and gave me everything before he asked me to follow him and opened a gate so I could make a U-turn to come back to Canada. He even said good luck to my stay in Canada.

I paid the toll for crossing the bridge again ($4 CAD or $3.5 USD), and then quickly met a Canadian officer. I gave him the documents and told him we wanted to land as a PR. He checked the document quickly and then asked me to park my car at my left hand side and just go into the office. I did and then went into the office, where I saw about 10 people sitting and waitting, with roughly 7 or 8 officers there. I handed our document to one officer and he said you can just sit and wait until we call your name. I waited for about 1.5 hour before one young lady finally called us. She asked us some basic questions separately (any criminal charges, any dependent not claimed) and then signed the document. After that we were told to wait for another couple minutes and finally she called us again and gave us back our passport with one CoPR stapled on it. She briefly mentioned that once we get the PR card we can take the CoPR out of the passport, and how we can do with our SIN/OHIP. She also told us about the current citizenship policy. At last, she congradulate us and say you can leave now. I did ask her that the first entry date in the CoPR does not seem right, she said it's all taken care of in the computer system and I don't have to worry.

Overall a pleasant landing process except waited for a bit of time. The only thing I had with me is passport and the CoPR. I will report when I get my PR card in the future.

Thanks for all the people sharing the information and help out each other in the forum. I didn't know much about the whole PR process so I couldn't really help much but ask questions, but if anyone wants to ask me anything I will still try to answer as best as I can. I will list my timeline here again.

Early May, 2014 ECAS showed: We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2014.
Oct 28, 2014 ECAS showed: We started processing your application on October 24, 2014.
Mar 17, 2015 ECAS showed: A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Mar 19, 2015 CIC officer contacted through email about the wrong CoPR being sent to me
Mar 20, 2015 CIC officer contacted through phone about the wrong CoPR being sent to me and asked me to send it back
Apr 11, 2015 Landed

Thanks for shearing, all the best.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Congrats :)

duplex said:

Apr 11, 2015 Landed

sunny786

Apr 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 April 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2014
Med's Request
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
4 March 2014
hi guys i am just kinda worried . ITS ALMOST 13TH MONTH STARTS.
this is my time line so far

FILE SENT 7TH APRIL
FILE RECEIVED 11 APRIL
ADDED MY WIFE IN OCTOBER
THEY ASKED ME FOR WIFE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES AND UPDATED FORMS
AFTER THAT
FEB 17 CIC ASKED FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR PAY STUBS FOR 2012/2013
FEB 17 MEDICALS EMAIL GOT FOR ME AND WIFE
FEB 23 MEDICAL DONE
MARCH 2ND ECAS STATUS UPDATED TO MEDICAL RECEIVED

So its almost 13th month started. :-[
i applied for gcms notes third time now. its all same ..

when it will come.....

sunny786

Apr 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 April 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2014
Med's Request
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
4 March 2014
should i email them and ask them about the file processing status??

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
sunny786 said:
should i email them and ask them about the file processing status??
My feeling is unless you see problems with your GCMS - otherwise it looks to me your timeline is OK. Since you added your wife after sending your application, a bit of delay should be normal.

Cora24

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
Med's Request
28-10-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-04-2015
So I landed on April 3rd in Pacific Highway (Blaine/Vancouver). There were no people in front of me and the landing process took only 3 minutes since I came to the building. Not bad!
Congrats to everyone who received PR, PPR or even "only" MR. Others, don't give up, your turn is coming soon!

ksn4u

Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2014
Doc's Request.
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
Med's Request
27-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-12-2014
Passport Req..
27-04-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Got AOR in first week of June 2014
Done medicals on 1st week of Dec 2014 and same has been showing in ECAS
extra line added to ECAS 'We started processing your application on March 12, 2015.' On the same day additional documents request received for PCC and schedule A even then I included when I sent the application. Its been already 1 month since they requested additional docs but not hearing anything from CIC till now. My GCMS says
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Criminality : In progess
Security : Not started
Medical: Passed.
RPRF : Paid

I dont know why it is getting late to get PPR

Ashruminates

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application (Score 8.0)
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
N\A (Upfront)
Med's Done....
18-02-2015
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
sjulien said:
Did you add reference letter in your application package ? If no then please make some arrangement of reference letter.
My Company had not provided any reference letter. however they only provided me with a letter which stated that i have been working with my employer since date XYZ as a permanent employee in Canada, under the NOC code 2171.
as the gcms notes states that the PA(primary applicant) provided other evidence. I had provided the following evidences as other evidences:

1. The company letter as mentioend above.
2. A recent hike letter from the employer which was coincidently only 10 days old when i applied.
3. A project roles and description document which was submitted when filing my work permit petition when i was coming to canada for the first time. this document clearly mentioned my employer name, my roles, my salary and my responsibilities.
4. my pay slips for complete 12 months which has my employer name, address and other details.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
These all are supporting documents to proof your employment and job. Anyway, lets wait for your PR.

Ashruminates said:
My Company had not provided any reference letter. however they only provided me with a letter which stated that i have been working with my employer since date XYZ as a permanent employee in Canada, under the NOC code 2171.
as the gcms notes states that the PA(primary applicant) provided other evidence. I had provided the following evidences as other evidences:

1. The company letter as mentioend above.
2. A recent hike letter from the employer which was coincidently only 10 days old when i applied.
3. A project roles and description document which was submitted when filing my work permit petition when i was coming to canada for the first time. this document clearly mentioned my employer name, my roles, my salary and my responsibilities.
4. my pay slips for complete 12 months which has my employer name, address and other details.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Congrats to everyone who are already PR and for sharing their experiences. ;D

mypr2014

May 29, 2014
Hi All,
I have received my passports on April 10 th and completed my landing process next day April 11 th.

Before I explain my landing experience I would like to thank you all for your inputs and sharing information.
And congratulations for those who became PR and all the best who are waiting for this moment.

Over all my landing process went smoothly, except long waiting in the building.

I have decided to do my landing @ Naigara falls Rainbow bridge location .
I have reached rainbow bridge around 1 PM by car , just followed the signs "Bridge to USA" , and within two minutes
arrived @ USA boarder security booth. There are few cars ahead of me , it took around 8 minutes to reach security booth.
I have told the guard that doing flag poll for canada PR and handed over the passports.
He asked who all are landing today( I am with my family , my wife and two kids) , i said we all are doing.
Then he took few minutes and wrapped the passports with a pink slip and gave it to me.
He spoke to one more guard by radio and asked us to drive towards that officer.

The second officer guided took our passports and noted all our names and DOB , PP numbers in a form and gave the same form to me
and open the gate which will connect to CANADA toll gate.
I have paid the toll and returned to canadian boarder. The security officer took our passports and asked the same question who all are
landing, same answer from me.

He asked take drive towards the building and park the car. As son as we park the caadain security officer reached us and took our passports.
asked to follow him.

We have requested officer ,to carry food along with us for kids , he agreed for it.

After entered into the building officer showed us waiting area asked us to wait there some one will call you.

Within 5 minutes we got a call from one lady officer , she asker for COPR and work permits and any address proof.
Then said she is going for lunch break the next officer will call us.

After two hours the same officer came and took us into a room and completed the landing process in 10 minutes.
And congratulated us for become PR.

Karen111

Apr 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A (Visa Exampt Country)
VISA ISSUED...
N/A (Visa Exampt Country)
LANDED..........
24-03-2015
Congratulations on getting your PR!!!!

I did my landing at the local office in Toronto and the whole procedure (including the wait time) took me less than 15 mins. The landing process could be this short (15 mins....) but I can't believe the officer made you guys to wait for two hours to go on her lunch break...

mypr2014 said:
Hi All,
I have received my passports on April 10 th and completed my landing process next day April 11 th.

Before I explain my landing experience I would like to thank you all for your inputs and sharing information.
And congratulations for those who became PR and all the best who are waiting for this moment.

I have reached rainbow bridge around 1 PM by car , just followed the signs "Bridge to USA" , and within two minutes
arrived @ USA boarder security booth. There are few cars ahead of me , it took around 8 minutes to reach security booth.
I have told the guard that doing flag poll for canada PR and handed over the passports.
He asked who all are landing today( I am with my family , my wife and two kids) , i said we all are doing.
Then he took few minutes and wrapped the passports with a pink slip and gave it to me.

The second officer guided took our passports and noted all our names and DOB , PP numbers in a form and gave the same form to me
I have paid the toll and returned to canadian boarder. The security officer took our passports and asked the same question who all are

He asked take drive towards the building and park the car. As son as we park the caadain security officer reached us and took our passports.
asked to follow him.

We have requested officer ,to carry food along with us for kids , he agreed for it.

After entered into the building officer showed us waiting area asked us to wait there some one will call you.

Within 5 minutes we got a call from one lady officer , she asker for COPR and work permits and any address proof.

After two hours the same officer came and took us into a room and completed the landing process in 10 minutes.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Karen111 said:
Congratulations on getting your PR!!!!

I did my landing at the local office in Toronto and the whole procedure (including the wait time) took me less than 15 mins. The landing process could be this short (15 mins....) but I can't believe the officer made you guys to wait for two hours to go on her lunch break...
How long did you wait to get an appointment?

Yes sometimes your really have to wait. You either see a lot of people in line or just because of the officer. I also waited quite sometime before being called but not 2 hours.

But going to the border is still faster, in a sense that you can do it immediately once your received your passport, and more convenient, you choose your time when to go there, but this is more of a preference for each person.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
My friend has also landed from Rainbow bridge last week. He told me that during 1PM to 3PM , there is no landing process.

I am waiting for my passport back. Let's see.

mypr2014 said:
Hi All,

asked to follow him.