07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
I got my book today.

Application received on April 3rd.
Started processing June 2nd.
Started processing my child's application June 17th.
AOR July 21st.

R9909

Jul 21, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 20, 2014.

Still nothing in the mail...
And the "best" part is that I'm waiting on that to go stay with my family for a few months.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for us to get the date for the test booked after we receive the letter of acknowledgement?
My local office is Ottawa btw.

Thanks a bunch.

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I need yr suggestions.. I changed my address on ECAS last week and my address has been updated on ECAS.. Do I also need to call CIC call centre to confirm this change ?

Cheers

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dear Friends,

Do you guys know that after posting lines on our e-cas by cic.gc.ca
How much time it will take to receive their any letter? Because I got none yet, hence they post to sent it on my e-cas.

Take a look under
-------------------
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

MFCalgary

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Mark_Anna,

I see that we have the same timeline!
May I ask what was the letter sent on July 7? a RQ, test invitation,....?
And also do you know if your file has been transferred to Vancouver yet?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi MFCALGARY,

Actually my file process will be late one month due to my name change issue. I changed my name but didn't provide them legal proof so that's why they need it now. They sent me letter on 7th July asking me to provide documents of name change proof (I still need to receive their letter, as I talked on phone with them that's why I know in advance).....

But even though I didn't receive their previous letter which they claim on line to sent me, contain booklet.......

Bottom line is I didn't receive a single letter from them until now physically (On e-cas or even on phone they said they sent it but I didn't)

Zearus

Jun 15, 2014
hi all

just wants to update.

i received AOR / letter and discover canada booklet

file sent - 10 april
process start june 10
aor/letter and book received - 24 july

8)

stopcu

May 11, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I have a question:
We applied as a family of three, husband, wife and 5-year old son.
My status shows that processing started on June 24rd.
But for my wife, we still can't see any update.
Is that normal since we applied as a family?
Should I wait or call CIC?
Thanks...

cancitizen

Mar 25, 2014
Myself and my son application received as family on 28th April and CIC started processing on 22nd July. I just checked my son received line is disappeared while my receive line still showing. AOR letter yet to receive. Local office is Scarborough..

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huerlaw said:
Hi everyone,

I need yr suggestions.. I changed my address on ECAS last week and my address has been updated on ECAS.. Do I also need to call CIC call centre to confirm this change ?

Cheers
Did you call them to confirm it?

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't called them yet..But the address has been changed on my ECAS..

I also received the letter and booklet last week. Application was received on April 3'2014 and processing began on June 2'2014

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huerlaw said:
I haven't called them yet..But the address has been changed on my ECAS..

I also received the letter and booklet last week. Application was received on April 3'2014 and processing began on June 2'2014
It would show your new address only after ONE week you modified the address on ecas? Your booklet is on the new address to receive? Thanks.