+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that.

Well, I think if they only asked for new photos, you could keep the same application. But if you are going to have to resubmit everything, the date of the signature on the application, which is the date you will resubmit the application, should match the date on your online calculator.

When did you initially submit your application? I mean the date they received it.

LFer said:
Hey guys,

I received my file in the mail yesterday saying that they did not even look at my application because the phots are not stamped and dated :(
Now i'm gona go get new photos and pay again... But the question is... Do i need to fill the days in Canada again or can i just keep the same exact application and resend it with the new photos???? Thank you in advance.

LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent the file on April 14th and they received it 4 days after that...

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Too bad that it took them almost 40 days to open, check, and return the application. I thought it'd take 3 to 4 weeks.

LFer said:
I sent the file on April 14th and they received it 4 days after that...

mark brown

Jan 12, 2013
bobyM its like 3 weeks if u take away the weekends...for example the application was sent 14 th april and received 18th april....but we have to also counted when did cic returned the application..also the applicant saw the mail yesterday in his mail box... which is sunday...so that mean it was send back in the week

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, maybe you're right. But nothing's for sure. CIC is like TTC subway in Toronto, you can never rely on its timing.

mark brown said:
bobyM its like 3 weeks if u take away the weekends...for example the application was sent 14 th april and received 18th april....but we have to also counted when did cic returned the application..also the applicant saw the mail yesterday in his mail box... which is sunday...so that mean it was send back in the week

mark brown

Jan 12, 2013
bobyM lol...i strongly agree with u...they work at their own paste...cic is joking with people hard working $400....

bosmek

Apr 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spoke with agent today. My application got there on March 31 and they opened it yesterday and sent me the acknowledgement letter.
Her first line was that they are opening the applications dated before March 21, but then when I said that I do not recall when in March I sent it she checked and they did already looked at it yesterday.

Good luck everyone !!!

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news. Are you able to log in to ecas to see your status?

bosmek said:
Spoke with agent today. My application got there on March 31 and they opened it yesterday and sent me the acknowledgement letter.
Her first line was that they are opening the applications dated before March 21, but then when I said that I do not recall when in March I sent it she checked and they did already looked at it yesterday.

Good luck everyone !!!

bruce1908

Jun 4, 2014
Hello Everyone !!

My application is returned to me yesterday because of the picture issue ..... I will send my application again but my question is if I need to take Celpip -General LS test again to prove my English Level??? I remember that they have changed the test little bit after April 1st ,2014... I took the Celpip -General LS on March 2014 and I was wondering if I can still use the same test results??? ..... Plz help ....Trying to find the answer but no luck yet =(

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hi Bruce.. When did you apply(date)? And what was wrong with your picture?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Flying High, just wondering whether you have received the AOR and book or your ecas has been updated. Apparently, there has been a delay in updating ecas, maybe due implementing new changes to the system (getting it ready for the new law to come in effect). I'm not sure if I should expect the ecas update first or the AOR. I called them yesterday and the agent still says they are working on application received up to March 21 (whereas one agent told me on Monday they were working on April 3rd)!!! It seems that there is no consistency there.

Flying high said:
Yeah BobyM that's too funny. I suggest you to call back and if they ask you when did you sent ur app, then just say you cannot remember. It might work out. So i called back CIC and this is what i got from the lady:

Application received: April 3, 2014.

Ack letter + book sent : May 27, 2014.

Flying high

May 27, 2014
Hey BobyM, i've been checking ecas the last couple of days but still no update. So guess what yesterday morning i decided to call back CIC and the agent told me that they are working right now on application received up to March 21. I called back late afternoon and a very nice agent took the time to ask me my Client ID, name, DOB, country of birth, confirmed with me address and phone number and told me that they received my app on April 3 and started processing my app on May 27.She also said that i should receive the book in a few days.
I just don't get their philosophy.i will keep you guys posted.

Good luck to everyone.

BobyM said:
Hi Flying High, just wondering whether you have received the AOR and book or your ecas has been updated. Apparently, there has been a delay in updating ecas, maybe due implementing new changes to the system (getting it ready for the new law to come in effect). I'm not sure if I should expect the ecas update first or the AOR. I called them yesterday and the agent still says they are working on application received up to March 21 (whereas one agent told me on Monday they were working on April 3rd)!!! It seems that there is no consistency there.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.

Flying high said:
Hey BobyM, i've been checking ecas the last couple of days but still no update. So guess what yesterday morning i decided to call back CIC and the agent told me that they are working right now on application received up to March 21. I called back late afternoon and a very nice agent took the time to ask me my Client ID, name, DOB, country of birth, confirmed with me address and phone number and told me that they received my app on April 3 and started processing my app on May 27.She also said that i should receive the book in a few days.
I just don't get their philosophy.i will keep you guys posted.

Good luck to everyone.

Flying high

May 27, 2014
Guys,

Ecas just got updated.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 27, 2014.