+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

Flying high

May 27, 2014
Thanks bro. I have tried 2 times but couldn't get into ecas. Maybe it takes time before getting updated. Will wait a couple of days and try again.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
I sent my application in March and it was signed for on 1st April. Still nothing on ecas.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Eswiz, Have you tried calling CIC to check your app. status?

Eswiz said:
I sent my application in March and it was signed for on 1st April. Still nothing on ecas.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
BobyM said:
Hi Eswiz, Have you tried calling CIC to check your app. status?
hmmm..they don't exactly advertise the phone number do they?

The nice lady said that they are just opening up applications that arrived on the 21st of March, so to give it a couple of weeks.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, they seem or sound nice because they have to but I am not sure whether they actually help people by providing proper information or guidance...

As far as I know, that's the line they have been telling people on the phone for 12 days now. I have been calling them for the past 12 days and the line is still the same: "We are opening applications up to March 21st". Whereas, based on the information in this forum and the spreadsheet, the applications up to March 31 have already received their AOR and the book, which usually happens 20 days or so after the application goes in process and Ecas gets updated.

I don't even know why we have to pay taxes so these lazy asses do nothing but give us bull. I've talked to a couple of them so far; all are in a rush to hang up on you! It would literally take them 30 seconds to type in your client ID and check the status yet they don't bother doing that! That doesn't make sense at all.

Eswiz said:
hmmm..they don't exactly advertise the phone number do they?

The nice lady said that they are just opening up applications that arrived on the 21st of March, so to give it a couple of weeks.

mark brown

Jan 12, 2013
so who is lying??? cic or some of the members of this forum...also the can't used ur pr # or client id # until ur application is in process....i believe everybody just have there own time....

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think more than 200 members in the forum are lying; I meant the cic people. The timeline has been like this at least for the past 3-4 months: They receive your application, they will then open it in 2-3 weeks and if it is incomplete they will return it back otherwise it goes in the lineup. Then after 35-60 days, they update Ecas so applicant can see the status (after Feb 06 that they increased the fee, the average waiting time has been around 42 days up to April). Ecas update comes several days after they input the information in the system so they are able to look you up when you haven't had access to Ecas yet. About 20-40 days after the Ecas update, one would receive AOR and the book.

As far as I understand, all the applications are treated the same at this point (at Sydney), so it should be the same timeline for everyone unless there is something wrong with the application. Once the applications go to the next stage, i.e., they are transferred to local office, every case is treated individually, depending on the applicants themselves, the backlog in that local office and whatnot. At this stage, as you said, everyone has their own timeline.

mark brown said:
so who is lying??? cic or some of the members of this forum...also the can't used ur pr # or client id # until ur application is in process....i believe everybody just have there own time....

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
Hello guys still waiting for AOR .... Application received March 21 @ sydney, then april they returned due to incomplete school records of kids, send it back again and they received april 28 but still, i can't access on ECAS. i just hoping that they won't return it again

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope not. How long did it take them to return your application first time you applied? I asked CIC agents and they gave me conflicting answers. One said 2-3 weeks, another said it would take them 2-3 months to open the envelops. Couple of my friends got their incomplete applications back in a few weeks.

What concerns me is that the Bill-24 would get passed and come into effect somewhere in June and CIC'd return my application at some point after that, so I would be treated as a new applicant who would have to follow new law: 4 years residency and no pre-PR time.

ondang2 said:
Hello guys still waiting for AOR .... Application received March 21 @ sydney, then april they returned due to incomplete school records of kids, send it back again and they received april 28 but still, i can't access on ECAS. i just hoping that they won't return it again

mark brown

Jan 12, 2013
this is my thought....i believe cic have any department...one for receiving and checking applications...as they received them.....that same receiving department checked to see if anything missed or incorrectly dill out....if anything missing or incorrectly fill out they would tranfer them to another department that deal with return of applications...if ur application seems okay it will b place into the Aor department waiting for process to begin..remember its my thought which would make sense to me...question u kno how messup that will b if cic just received application and just put them dem waiting to b open...remember cic is a workplace too...

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This topic is for April applicants. Other month applicants should update status in their respective month topics..

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the experience of a couple people I know, the procedure seems to be like that. At least I hope so.

mark brown said:
this is my thought....i believe cic have any department...one for receiving and checking applications...as they received them.....that same receiving department checked to see if anything missed or incorrectly dill out....if anything missing or incorrectly fill out they would tranfer them to another department that deal with return of applications...if ur application seems okay it will b place into the Aor department waiting for process to begin..remember its my thought which would make sense to me...question u kno how messup that will b if cic just received application and just put them dem waiting to b open...remember cic is a workplace too...

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
BobyM said:
I hope not. How long did it take them to return your application first time you applied? I asked CIC agents and they gave me conflicting answers. One said 2-3 weeks, another said it would take them 2-3 months to open the envelops. Couple of my friends got their incomplete applications back in a few weeks.

What concerns me is that the Bill-24 would get passed and come into effect somewhere in June and CIC'd return my application at some point after that, so I would be treated as a new applicant who would have to follow new law: 4 years residency and no pre-PR time.

Hi yes it was my first time to applied and just only 3 weeks when they returned my application.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all. Any update so far? CIC says they are working (not sure what they mean by working) on applications received on April 3rd at the moment! Please let us know of any update here or if you don't have an account you may input your info in this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Cheers

LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I received my file in the mail yesterday saying that they did not even look at my application because the phots are not stamped and dated :(
Now i'm gona go get new photos and pay again... But the question is... Do i need to fill the days in Canada again or can i just keep the same exact application and resend it with the new photos???? Thank you in advance.