+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
curious78 said:
Today i received my application in full, back from CIC.
They had started looking at the application on 9th June.

The reason for the return is that my child's birth certificate was missing

The unfortunate thing is that the birth certificate was right there in the package that was returned
So sent the application again, this time with the birth certificate attested

I am not sure if they had a problem with the birth certificate or they did not even see it.

Any case i am returning to the end of the queue :(
Sometimes the only thing you can do with a system like this is to prepare yourself for the worst!!!

Something that could be useful for you folks:
- The application had a time stamp on 29th April which is when the CIO had received the application
- My application and my wife's application have been tagged with a note that says that our application are complete and that we just have to refile.
- Only my child's application has a note that says that her application will be process based on the rules that exist on the day it is received again

So my reading is that i don't have to refill the application even though the format has changed after we filed it last time

Now i have to follow the June 2014 thread :)
I don't think so. The initial parsing on your application is complete, you'll not be losing a lot of time. There are several people on this forum who had to resend their application and got tests or oath even faster (It almost looks like that they go in a different queue, maybe a "re-sent" one or something).

My 2 cents...

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious78 said:
Today i received my application in full, back from CIC.
They had started looking at the application on 9th June.

The reason for the return is that my child's birth certificate was missing

The unfortunate thing is that the birth certificate was right there in the package that was returned
So sent the application again, this time with the birth certificate attested

I am not sure if they had a problem with the birth certificate or they did not even see it.

Any case i am returning to the end of the queue :(
Sometimes the only thing you can do with a system like this is to prepare yourself for the worst!!!

Something that could be useful for you folks:
- The application had a time stamp on 29th April which is when the CIO had received the application
- My application and my wife's application have been tagged with a note that says that our application are complete and that we just have to refile.
- Only my child's application has a note that says that her application will be process based on the rules that exist on the day it is received again

So my reading is that i don't have to refill the application even though the format has changed after we filed it last time

Now i have to follow the June 2014 thread :)
Really sorry to hear that curious78. Is the birth certificate in a language other than English or French? Does it include all the required information?

• the child's name
  • date of birth
  • place of birth
  • the names of the parents or adoptive parents

I've seen several instances on this forum where CIC have returned applications back with the documents they are saying missing included in the pack. Are CIC really this stupid or is what they are doing justified? It doesn't give me any confidence in them at all.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although my application has been received on April 25, no status update on ecas as of today.

I assume, they got more applications recently as more people try to get processed before the new bill change ::)

Zearus

Jun 15, 2014
My Ecas Updated today with "In Process"
My application was received by CIC on 12th April 2014
My ecas got updated on 15th June 2014

does this mean my application was complete and there is no chance CIC will send my application back ?
thanks for your input guys

:D

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Zearus said:

does this mean my application was complete and there is no chance CIC will send my application back ?

I think yes :D

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zearus said:

Good news and thanks for sharing. :)

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
Sent application : 25 April 2014
Recived = 29 April 2014
no online update yet..........

any body have update on same time line. ????????????????????

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
Here is my on-line status :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 4, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 20, 2014.

Still waiting for the study book to receive

howtoland

Dec 19, 2011
Usyaid said:
Sent application : 25 April 2014
Recived = 29 April 2014
no online update yet..........

any body have update on same time line. ????????????????????
I have roughly the same timeline, still nothing as of today.

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
My husband called cic and they said they start opening envelope received april 8 since our application was re submit april 24 and received by cic april 28 so need to wait another month for AOR :(

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
pedros,
thanks for consolation,
THe certificate was in English and has all the required details. The certificate was not as legible as one might want (because it has a watermark that is darker), but was definitely readable. Unless someone is looking for only crystal clear docs, it should have been ok

Malick.

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
Usyaid,
Based on my reading of things, there is a lag between the time the processing starts and when E-Cas update shows up.
I assume everyone who applied after me (apr 29th) should have had their processing started. If you did not receive your app. back, you should see the updates soon

my 2 cents

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
Thanks for you reply ,,,,
I am woundring about new laws if my application back for some reason new laws will be apply .... Is this true????

Applied on 25 April, Recived by 29 April , No update yet................ :( :(

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I think Minister somewhere in his talk mentioned that it will apply only those who apply after it becomes law. Unless our application returns we should be ok..