+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone send the application package without adding employment doc's like employment letter, paystubs etc for the last 4 years as part of question 6F? I am just curious if anyone got the packet returned or AOR? I sent without employment docs as it is not mentioned in doc's checklist or gather documents. Usually how many days does it take to get the packet returned?

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtareddy said:
Did anyone send the application package without adding employment doc's like employment letter, paystubs etc for the last 4 years as part of question 6F? I am just curious if anyone got the packet returned or AOR? I sent without employment docs as it is not mentioned in doc's checklist or gather documents. Usually how many days does it take to get the packet returned?
My husband sent his application on April 22nd and he didn't send any employment documents

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
gtareddy said:
CIC usually takes 45 to 60 days to return back the envelope.

If you applied 2 months back, and your envelope has not been returned, you can think you are safe.

:-X

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
My husband sent his application on April 22nd and he didn't send any employment documents
Actually i called tollfree number and was told we need to submit employment docs though it is not mentioned in the checklist as it is mentioned in the question 6F (it is mentioned in the question). As your application is not returned since 2 months it is a good sign. Do you see the status in ecas?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't submit any supporting doc for my employment. I was worried about that too. But after 62 days I was able to see my application went in process on ecas. Based on what CIc agents told me, it seems that they first check the application to make sure they are complete: If the application is incomplete, it'll be returned in up to 40-ish days (for April applications). If the application is complete, it will go in another lineup to be processed and It'd take around 60+ for the ecas to get updated.

gtareddy said:
Actually i called tollfree number and was told we need to submit employment docs though it is not mentioned in the checklist as it is mentioned in the question 6F (it is mentioned in the question). As your application is not returned since 2 months it is a good sign. Do you see the status in ecas?

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
I have submited following documents on 24 April , Recived by CIS 29 APril . No update yet
Any body send any diffrent doucemtns Please let me

INDEX
Principal Applicant – Me
1- Application for Canadian Citizenship –Adults ( CIT 002)
2- Landing papers
3- Permanent Residence card
4- Language evidence
a) Education documents
b) Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Assessment Report
5- Driver’s licence Driver’s licence
6- Alberta Health Card
7- Passport valid
8- Passport Old
9- Citizenship Photos (2)
10- On-line residence calculator
11- Fee receipt
12- CBSA Record
13- Record of Employment
14- Tax Document
15- Other Documents
a. SPE Membership card
b. Driver’s education certificate
Spouse - Wife Doc
16- Application for Canadian Citizenship –Adults ( CIT 002)
17- Landing papers
18- Permanent Residence card
19- Language evidence
c) Education documents
d) Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Assessment Report

20- Driver’s licence Driver’s licence
21- Alberta Health Card
22- Passport valid
23- Passport Old
24- Citizenship Photos (2)
25- On-line residence calculator
26- Fee receipt
27- CBSA Record
28- Tax Document
29- Other Documents
a. Driver’s education certificate
Son – SDoc

30-Application for Canadian Citizenship –Minor (CIT 003)
31-Landing paper
32- Birth Certificate
33-Permanent Residence card
34-Alberta Health Card
35-Passport Valid
36-Passport Old 1
37- Passport Old 2
38- School letter
39-Grade 2 report card & attendance record
40-Grade 1 report card & attendance record
41- Kindergarten report card & attendance record
42- CBSA record
43-Citizenship Photos
44-Fee receipt
45-Other Documents
a. RESP certificate from Heritage
b. School Volunteer letter
46-Daughter –

1- Canadian Passport
2- Birth certificate
3- Alberta Health card

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobyM said:
I didn't submit any supporting doc for my employment. I was worried about that too. But after 62 days I was able to see my application went in process on ecas. Based on what CIc agents told me, it seems that they first check the application to make sure they are complete: If the application is incomplete, it'll be returned in up to 40-ish days (for April applications). If the application is complete, it will go in another lineup to be processed and It'd take around 60+ for the ecas to get updated.
Thank you very much for your reply. Now I feel more relaxed as I was worried if the application is returned back, new rules apply when i send it 2nd time. Btw when did you send your application?

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
Dear Boby M

Can you please let me know when your application recived by CIC . My application recived on 29 April but still no update.
can you please also tell me which identification you used to check online status . When i enter my PR card no as client id it will give me my PR card application status for Last year only.

Thanks

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem. I sent it on April 7th and it was received on April 10th.

gtareddy said:
Thank you very much for your reply. Now I feel more relaxed as I was worried if the application is returned back, new rules apply when i send it 2nd time. Btw when did you send your application?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received on April 10th.

I use my client ID to log in. Give it at least 60 days after the received date, i.e., July 1st, then you would see the link for your citizenship application. Right now, the info for your citizenship application has not been input into the system. That's why you only see your previous application (PR card).

Usyaid said:
Dear Boby M

Can you please let me know when your application recived by CIC . My application recived on 29 April but still no update.
can you please also tell me which identification you used to check online status . When i enter my PR card no as client id it will give me my PR card application status for Last year only.

Thanks

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my application returned after a month and a half, so the 45 days is accurate.

Zearus

Jun 15, 2014
Hi all

my ecas is showing in progress now. but i have a question.
after my application in april 2014 , i left canada and was away for about 35 days.
my physical presence was met at the time of my application in april 2014 so being away for 35 days should not really affect but i read it somewhere that I have to notify cic about my absent from the country even if it is after you have met physical presence days...

any body know anything about this situation ?

any input is greatly appreciated ;D

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is starting to check ecas a month n half after Sydney receives application safe?
curious to find out how long does it take.
cuz oct 2013 applicants have received test notes and hopefully they will start giving that to 2014 applicants soon

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
Hopeful One said:
I got my application returned after a month and a half, so the 45 days is accurate.

Hi just want to ask why they returned your application? Is just because of the missing work document? What are they looking for? Thanks