+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2013 applications

scooby.tw

Aug 1, 2009
Hi

I am also the April 2013 applicant.
May I ask which office should be the "local office" of each application?
I live in Edmonton.

Besides, is it mandatory to report changes , such as a change in address, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment or urgent requests?
I noticed that the changes of address is very important. But, how about other items?

I was married outside Canada after submitting my application of citizenship.
So far, I don't have any official document in Canada to prove my marriage. Should I report it to CIC?

Thanks.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Received an answer to CCSE that my file was transferred to the local office in Edmonton and the approximate processing time at the Edmonton office is 45 months from the receipt date of your application :'(

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
Candoes said:
Received an answer to CCSE that my file was transferred to the local office in Edmonton and the approximate processing time at the Edmonton office is 45 months from the receipt date of your application :'(
Are you kidding!!! 15 months is already too much :'(

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vizzynuts said:
Hi All,

I wanted to post my time line

Per ECAS:
Received application - April 25, 2013
AOR - April 25, 2013
Started processing - July 19, 2013
Local office - Calgary

I had sent an email via the Case Specific Enquiry - Citizenship and got the following response:
"Good morning,

A review of our electronic citizenship system indicates that your application has been transferred to the Calgary office for processing. All of your clearances have been passed and a testing appointment should be scheduled for you in the next 2 – 6 months.

Please note, that processing times vary from office to office and the current processing time for routine citizenship applications is 25 months."

I suppose that is some good news. It says that they're going to get a testing appointment in 2-6 months. Is the the Citizenship test? When will they do my interview? Anyone from Calgary care to share their experience?

Thanks!
V
Call CIC and ask the question "On what date was my file transferred to Calgary?" They should give you an exact date - if you get a 'its on its way', 'it should be there' or any other similar phrase answer but no date then its still in Sidney.

It seems to take 10 months to transfer from Sidney to Calgary after 'In Process' date i.e. 12+ months after application received. Calgary has up to 9 months to schedule you for a test after which if it hasn't call CIC and they will email Calgary to remind them you are still waiting.

Last noted on this forum June 2012 Calgary applicants were being scheduled for testing in Feb 2014. Unless Calgary CIC has hired more officers then expect a test end 2014. Timeline to oath after test for Calgary is also lengthy relative to other offices with 3+ months appearing to be the norm. There are always exceptions but fact is that out West processing is a joke relative to the fast Ontario/ GTA - some say its politics....Ontario holds the fate of the Federal elections as to the loser or the winner and to the latter being a Minority or Majority party! As such taking care of the GTA voters read citizens makes political sense.

tuneful

Dec 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Is there an April applicants spreadsheet? I could not find anything
That would be helpful to see what percentage of applicants got their citizenship amongst April applicants.

nnlhb

Feb 27, 2014
Applied in April2013
In process July2013
Finger prints Dec 2013.
Test Feb 2014
Passed test 20/20 and interviewed with CIC Officer
Now waiting

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked e-cas...I am scheduled for a citizenship test on March 18...at the Montreal CIC office

Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4, sent on Oct

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

irvas

Jul 15, 2013
My Status.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2013.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3.We started processing your application on July 3, 2013.
4.We sent you a notice on February 26, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Yanor

Jan 27, 2014
irvas said:
My Status.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2013.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3.We started processing your application on July 3, 2013.
4.We sent you a notice on February 26, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats, what's your local office please ?

solnshko

Mar 27, 2013
Does anyone have information regarding Vancouver office processing times?
I think I read all pages but did not see timelines for Vancouver.

Thank you.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solnshko said:
Does anyone have information regarding Vancouver office processing times?
I think I read all pages but did not see timelines for Vancouver.

Thank you.
We are trying to create one. Here is the thread for Vancouver applicants, you should be able to find a timeline there as well http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-applicants-t185384.0.html. Please join in!
I've noticed that it took about 8 month for one Vancouver applicant from May thread to have his file transferred to local office.

hasb1901

Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,
just want to share my timeline :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2013.

Thx