Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepti said:
so i got the
got file number in September
-got the test invitation end of jan
-give test on feb 6th and passsed
-waiting for next step
Congratulations! on passing the test. Which is your Local office? Keep us posted about your Oath date.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
deepti said:
so i got the
got file number in September
-got the test invitation end of jan
-give test on feb 6th and passsed
-waiting for next step
Congratulations! :)

rinku

Oct 24, 2013
Congratulations! I am glad for you. How was your interview with the officer? What questions he asked? Had you ever got RQ? Which location was your test in?

Thanks. I did my test at Mississauga. The interviewer was very nice. She check my passport for stamp and ask me I am still in same address and same job or not. Thats it.

deepti

Jan 14, 2009
rinku said:
Congratulations! I am glad for you. How was your interview with the officer? What questions he asked? Had you ever got RQ? Which location was your test in?

Thanks. I did my test at Mississauga. The interviewer was very nice. She check my passport for stamp and ask me I am still in same address and same job or not. Thats it.

Thanks....The interviewer was very nice only few question general question she asked.she verified all document and that's it.I never got RQ.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I requested an ATIP and just got it this morning by email.

My FOSS (whatever that means) is out of the way so is the RCMP clearance. I noticed they were requested before the RQ was sent, the whole report has 22 pages but I am curious about something, it says in French:

"Dossier trié en vertu des nouvelles regles etabliés par le BO 407D. Un QR n'est plus necessaire, mais la residence sera evaluée lors d' un entrevue par un agent de niveau 2"

Does it mean that I will have to go to an interview PLUS the test?

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FL1040 said:
I requested an ATIP and just got it this morning by email.

My FOSS (whatever that means) is out of the way so is the RCMP clearance. I noticed they were requested before the RQ was sent, the whole report has 22 pages but I am curious about something, it says in French:

"Dossier trié en vertu des nouvelles regles etabliés par le BO 407D. Un QR n'est plus necessaire, mais la residence sera evaluée lors d' un entrevue par un agent de niveau 2"

Does it mean that I will have to go to an interview PLUS de test?
It means that whatever doubts they had that could have triggered an RQ in the past are going to get verified during the usual interview after the test... by a level 2 official, which is higher than a normal clerk!

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
It means that whatever doubts they had that could have triggered an RQ in the past are going to get verified during the usual interview after the test... by a level 2 official, which is higher than a normal clerk!
Or it could mean that the doubts about my residence have been cleared (that`s why the RQ is no longer needed).

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FL1040 said:
Or it could mean that the doubts about my residence have been cleared (that`s why the RQ is no longer needed).
Well, not really.

Actually, the first OB that introduced a widespread usage of RQ got modified recently so that most of the very common triggers stop triggering RQ automatically, nobody knows exactly what are the new triggers, but I have reasons to believe that nowadays, they don't send RQ's for A5 and C1 risk factors, this doesn't mean that they rule them out, it only means that they will test your residency during the interview. The A5 factor talks about unemployement, self employed and consultant status and any subsequent Travel during the reference period, and C1 talks about ID's issued less than 3 months prior to the citizenship application. A huge percentage of the RQ's sent out were sent because of these two factors.

So, be ready to answer questions clearly, if they had a doubt and if your file didn't miss the triage the first time, chances are that they will do their best to find loopholes in your version of the facts during the interview. " Mais la résidence sera évaluée lors d'une entrevue par un agent niveau 2" says it clearly, they will evaluate your residency and probably more thoroughly than with an application that didn't have any triggers.

My advice to you is to go to this interview extremly ready, with all kinds of proof that you can have... Bank and credit card statements, appartment lease, tax declarations, travel history, letters from your employers, clearly translated passport stamps if any of them are not in french or english, try to be as strategic as possible because they really can be mean and try to intimidate you, a friend of mine had his exam on friday in Montreal and told me that some of the agents where extremly mean with people, so better be safe than sorry, prepare yourself and everything will go smoothly....always remember that the burden of proof lies with the applicant!

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Well, not really.

Actually, the first OB that introduced a widespread usage of RQ got modified recently so that most of the very common triggers stop triggering RQ automatically, nobody knows exactly what are the new triggers, but I have reasons to believe that nowadays, they don't send RQ's for A5 and C1 risk factors, this doesn't mean that they rule them out, it only means that they will test your residency during the interview. The A5 factor talks about unemployement, self employed and consultant status and any subsequent Travel during the reference period, and C1 talks about ID's issued less than 3 months prior to the citizenship application. A huge percentage of the RQ's sent out were sent because of these two factors.

So, be ready to answer questions clearly, if they had a doubt and if your file didn't miss the triage the first time, chances are that they will do their best to find loopholes in your version of the facts during the interview. " Mais la résidence sera évaluée lors d'une entrevue par un agent niveau 2" says it clearly, they will evaluate your residency and probably more thoroughly than with an application that didn't have any triggers.

My advice to you is to go to this interview extremly ready, with all kinds of proof that you can have... Bank and credit card statements, appartment lease, tax declarations, travel history, letters from your employers, clearly translated passport stamps if any of them are not in french or english, try to be as strategic as possible because they really can be mean and try to intimidate you, a friend of mine had his exam on friday in Montreal and told me that some of the agents where extremly mean with people, so better be safe than sorry, prepare yourself and everything will go smoothly....always remember that the burden of proof lies with the applicant!
That`s OK...I have enough proof that I actually live in Canada, bank statements, school records, lease, tax files, etc...if the immigration agents are tough, well, they are doing their job and I can prove my residence...no need to worry. Actually, the most unpleasant agents are the ones from Immigration Quebec, I had to deal with them only once to get the copy of a document for the landing and they treat people like crap , to the extreme of being rude (luckily I don`t have to deal with those jerks anymore), same experience with the RAMQ. On the contrary, CBSA agents have always been polite to me and so was the CIC agent during the landing at the immigration office here in Montreal.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
deepti said:
Thanks....The interviewer was very nice only few question general question she asked.she verified all document and that's it.I never got RQ.
Did the interviewer check the stamps on your passport? did you have al stamps translated? was there any stamp missing? sometimes the officer forget to stamp the passport on arrival.

would you please provide me with some details.

thanks,

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
FL1040 said:
That`s OK...I have enough proof that I actually live in Canada, bank statements, school records, lease, tax files, etc...if the immigration agents are tough, well, they are doing their job and I can prove my residence...no need to worry. Actually, the most unpleasant agents are the ones from Immigration Quebec, I had to deal with them only once to get the copy of a document for the landing and they treat people like crap , to the extreme of being rude (luckily I don`t have to deal with those jerks anymore), same experience with the RAMQ. On the contrary, CBSA agents have always been polite to me and so was the CIC agent during the landing at the immigration office here in Montreal.
I STRONGLY recommend you bring with you the CBSA Report stating clearly the dates at which you entered Canada, your translated stamps and your notice of assessments. Those three are the most important of all the documents that you mentioned.

thanks and good luck

deepti

Jan 14, 2009
mrbravo said:
Did the interviewer check the stamps on your passport? did you have al stamps translated? was there any stamp missing? sometimes the officer forget to stamp the passport on arrival.

would you please provide me with some details.

thanks,
hi,

The interview checked all the stamp and check with the dates i provided with them on the form where you calculate the days to completed and verified all my original and photocopies and asked my employer number if they want to do any background check.she asked only specific question like traveling and stuff and i was free in 20 min.My test was at 4pm and free at 5:45.They didn't gave any oath letter to anyone on that day.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
deepti said:
hi,

The interview checked all the stamp and check with the dates i provided with them on the form where you calculate the days to completed and verified all my original and photocopies and asked my employer number if they want to do any background check.she asked only specific question like traveling and stuff and i was free in 20 min.My test was at 4pm and free at 5:45.They didn't gave any oath letter to anyone on that day.
thank you for your help. much appreciated.

Did you have a letter from your employer? did she ask for his or her phone number to ensure you work there? is that what happened? i am just trying to understand this part.

thank you very much

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FL1040 said:
Well , experiences can be different, nobody has ever been rude to me in any of the three administrations yet and everyone has always been very helpful, however, all i am trying to do here is to answer your question and to help you manage this situation so that you don't get delayed for nothing.

I totally agree that CIC agents are doing their jobs by being harsh sometimes, however, this can be very intimidating for some people, i totally disapprove of this way of doing one's job and that's why I take the time to explain everything to those who don't dare question the ethics of the citizenship administration in some cases so that they be ready for the worse while expecting the best! Civil servants are not above the law and should not be living in an ethics free world, they follow orders and sometimes are as frustrated as applicants can get, the best way to go around this is to help them do their job by having everything they might need without having to get angry or suspicious just because the person didn't remember the postal code he lived at 4 or 5 years ago for example.

Again, the burden of proof lies on the applicant... So if they have any suspicion, they won't spare you the suffering of being wrongfully accused of residence fraud until you manage to clear yourself of this accusation...so one better acts before it gets to this boiling point that might cause an application to get rejected or delayed for several years.