+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2013 applications

Vlad1k

Sep 10, 2010
Vlad1k said:
They messed up my test time... Letter says "PM" but actual test was at 7"AM".
I got a call from office around noon. They apologized and proposed mid Jan 2014 date... :(

So guys I recommend to confirm your test date/time before the test day.

Guys,
I had 20 out of 20 in my test and got an oath invitation on the same day.

Here is my complete timeline:

Code:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 29, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2013.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 17, 2013.

We sent you a notice on November 20, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM.
The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on December 9, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on January 20, 2014.

Good luck to all of you!

PS:
Mississauga office.
I'm eastern European, employed, had a dozen of trips.
Most of them are US and most of them are long weekend road trips (~90 absent days).
I sent my application with ~1100 days of physical presence.
Part of my residence days are "0.5 work permit" days.
They checked all stamps in my passport and compared them with the list from the residence calculator.
I had 2 US visas 5 and 10 years covering these years and I noticed that person checking them pronounced "b1/b2.. ok".

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations, Vlad1k! What is your oath date?

muti

May 28, 2013
Congratulation to everyone to who got their citizenship but what about the rest. It looks like nobody is getting any response from CIC anymore. What does everyone think? :D

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muti said:
Congratulation to everyone to who got their citizenship but what about the rest. It looks like nobody is getting any response from CIC anymore. What does everyone think? :D
I think they are still processing some applications and hopefully we´ll hear soon from CIC, some offices are faster, some are a bit slower...some cases are very simple, some other cases are more complex...it is impossible to put everybody in the same sack.

No need to freak out

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
FL1040 said:
No need to freak out
Agreed with FL1040...
As we were all "In Process" since Apr 2013, I would add at least 12-15 months to this until you can expect some sort of "news" ... it would be business as usual until this summer...

muti

May 28, 2013
Hi All,

Finally I got the notification for the test. See my timeline :)

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 21, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. what's your local office?

muti said:
Hi All,

Finally I got the notification for the test. See my timeline :)

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 21, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file was transferred to Scarborough office on January 14, 2014.
After how many days can I expect to hear from Scarborough local office? I am guessing they'd either send RQ or notice for test. One of those things. But how many days do they take?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you call the CIC, they will provide you with a 9 months generic answer. But usually it's less. Depends on local office. Best to check other applicants timelines to have an idea.

Chrysss said:
My file was transferred to Scarborough office on January 14, 2014.
After how many days can I expect to hear from Scarborough local office? I am guessing they'd either send RQ or notice for test. One of those things. But how many days do they take?

rinku

Oct 24, 2013
Hi
I finished my test today at mississauga and got 20. Got oath invitation for 11th February.
Very happy. Good luck for everyone

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rinku said:
Hi
I finished my test today at mississauga and got 20. Got oath invitation for 11th February.
Very happy. Good luck for everyone
Congratulations! I am glad for you. How was your interview with the officer? What questions he asked? Had you ever got RQ? Which location was your test in?

deepti

Jan 14, 2009
deepti said:
i applied in April but due to missing paper and came back and resend back in June,...still waiting
so i got the
got file number in September
-got the test invitation end of jan
-give test on feb 6th and passsed
-waiting for next step