24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Candoes said:
Got RQ last week......... :mad:.......
What is your visa office?

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hey Suin and other members!
I have got an interesting job offer from another country and I'm going to leave CA by the end of month.
reminding:I applied in April, got my book in August. From October 28th they have started to review my documents. My file hasn't been transfered to local office yet.

My mailling address on my application is my friend's address from the start.

Do you think that I should call cic and tell them that I'm "travelling" arround and change my address? Or would you just leave and come back when you get the test date?

Or another option is to change my home address to my friend's address as well (the same as mailling)..

I'm confused..read all these posts about this topic but still don't know how to handle that..

PLEASE HELPPPPP! :)

Thanks a lot!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Have your mailing address as one that has somebody checking on a regular basis...if this is your friend's so be it. However your residential address in the application form should have been the actual address you resided at.

2. You can change your residential address to the mailing address. CIC can and do ignore the 'mailing' address and mail documents to the 'residential' address. CIC operating under a one notice regime so missing the test or oath due to working abroad is no longer a good reason. You get 60 days otherwise to give a 'valid' reason else your application is classed abandoned.

3. You are mean't to inform CIC if you are leaving for more than 2 weeks in a row but the downside to this is a 'risk' that you may have been 'scheduled' to have the test in the the period that you have now notified CIC you will be absent. Depending on the Local Office the next available test could be some time away. A more significant ''risk' is that CIC will RQ you especially as you are leaving for a long time.

4. Watch your 'absence' days when you leave...you need to maintain PR Status until oath date.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
I would advise you to contact the cic about it and listen to what they say as you definitely don't want any complications at the interview on your test date. As I can see the cic recently is aware of everything that is going on in our lives. I would just be honest with them - they definitely can understand that anything can happen in an applicants life.

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Suin said:
I would advise you to contact the cic about it and listen to what they say as you definitely don't want any complications at the interview on your test date. As I can see the cic recently is aware of everything that is going on in our lives. I would just be honest with them - they definitely can understand that anything can happen in an applicants life.
Thank you Msafiri and Suin!!

MBK2

May 2, 2013
This is my sister's timeline. Not April, but early May...should be similar. How long would you think till her test date? I estimated May 2015 ish...? Oh, we are Toronto.

This is what E-cas says for her case:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2013.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
sheb said:
Hey Suin and other members!
I have got an interesting job offer from another country and I'm going to leave CA by the end of month.
reminding:I applied in April, got my book in August. From October 28th they have started to review my documents. My file hasn't been transfered to local office yet.

My mailling address on my application is my friend's address from the start.

Do you think that I should call cic and tell them that I'm "travelling" arround and change my address? Or would you just leave and come back when you get the test date?

Or another option is to change my home address to my friend's address as well (the same as mailling)..

I'm confused..read all these posts about this topic but still don't know how to handle that..

PLEASE HELPPPPP! :)

Thanks a lot!
What I did is, I have my parents in law address as my mailing address and later changed my residential to my parents in law address too (after I moved). I did let the CIC know of me moving abroad and specified for how long I will be away. I have only one more year to stay abroad and then I move back to Canada. I called again from abroad to CIC to make sure they have my parents in law address as my mailing address since we are not allowed to put our foreign address as a residential address (to avoid them sending mails to my old residential address).

Just be ready for frequent travelling to Canada. For instance, PR expiring (might need to be called to an interview) or in case of finger prints request and test and etc...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
MBK2 said:
This is my sister's timeline. Not April, but early May...should be similar. How long would you think till her test date? I estimated May 2015 ish...? Oh, we are Toronto.

This is what E-cas says for her case:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2013.
Has your sister's file been transferred to the local office yet or it is still sitting at Sidney?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yolka said:
What I did is, I have my parents in law address as my mailing address and later changed my residential to my parents in law address too (after I moved). I did let the CIC know of me moving abroad and specified for how long I will be away. I have only one more year to stay abroad and then I move back to Canada. I called again from abroad to CIC to make sure they have my parents in law address as my mailing address since we are not allowed to put our foreign address as a residential address (to avoid them sending mails to my old residential address).
This situation can unfirtunately be a reason that can trigger RQ.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this thread and have one question

I applied for my citizenship a month ago and awaiting my file number. I also have on hand my record of movement (Entry and Exit) from my home country and am expecting my CBSA report to be sent to me sometime later on this month. I also have my T4's and notice of assessments. Do you think it would be useful to send those documents to CIC once I receive a file number or would this trigger questions? would the officer wonder why I am sending out those documents since they are not requested and thus give me a RQ?

Has any of you guys done this before? I am pretty confused Roll Eyes Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Good question Mr. Bravo. I also have a lot of travel (to the US) in the last few years (mostly because of a long distance relationship with my now wife and to visit my sick mother). I regret not including some cover letter explaining why I was traveling so much to the US so I have a feeling an RQ may be coming. Personally, I am going to sit back and wait to see what they do.