+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2013 Applications

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
HI,

I am planning to Apply for CEC, but my work permit is valid only till 2014 March 11. Is there any requirement, whether my Workpermit should valid for minimum 12 months by the time I am Applying for the CEC??

can someone please confirm?

Thanks
Jeeks

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
jeeks2012 said:
HI,

I am planning to Apply for CEC, but my work permit is valid only till 2014 March 11. Is there any requirement, whether my Workpermit should valid for minimum 12 months by the time I am Applying for the CEC??

Thanks
Jeeks
Your work permit's validity doesn't affect your CEC application timing.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeeks2012 said:
HI,

Thanks
Jeeks
Read point # 10 which is written in bold letters.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

Miranja

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
11-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-04-2014
jeeks2012 said:
HI,

Thanks
Jeeks
thats your responsibility renew you work permit on time. now you are still eligible to apply CEC. as long as you prove all the criteria which they need. if you applying from out side canada this not a big issue. but if you apply from in side canada they may hold your application. sometime not. better thing, is write a letter and explain the situation. I hope you not staying without a work permit now. if yes, it will effect your application.

CholeSv

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Hi Guys,

:'( I sent out my application out last week and just realized that I forgot to fill the NOC code number in the application...I called CIC and they said there's nothing I can do but to wait them to contact me or they might also send my application back if it's a critical informaiton missing....

So worried right now.... :(

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
CholeSv said:
Hi Guys,

:'( I sent out my application out last week and just realized that I forgot to fill the NOC code number in the application...I called CIC and they said there's nothing I can do but to wait them to contact me or they might also send my application back if it's a critical informaiton missing....

So worried right now.... :(
Most likely.... your application will be sent back.

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Hi Miranja,
I think you dint read Jeeks message properly. His work permit is expiring in March 2014 and not 2013.

Jeeks : You can apply without a problem and if you see the time for processing taking longer than March 2014, then you have two choices 1) renew your work permit 2) apply for BOWP 4 months before your work permit expiry. All the best.

CholeSv

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Andy2109 said:
Most likely.... your application will be sent back.
:(I typed the code in the beginning electronically, then I was thinking it looks not pretty as the number was not line up the space whatsoever. I deleted it!!! Then after I printed all my forms out, I totally forgot to fill the number in, even when I re-checked my forms, I checked the descriptions and dates, but forgot to enter the code :'(

I wondering when they will return my pacakge?...Can they just call me and ask me the code or can I email them or re-send them a new form?sigh....

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
CholeSv said:
:(I typed the code in the beginning electronically, then I was thinking it looks not pretty as the number was not line up the space whatsoever. I deleted it!!! Then after I printed all my forms out, I totally forgot to fill the number in, even when I re-checked my forms, I checked the descriptions and dates, but forgot to enter the code :'(

I wondering when they will return my pacakge?...Can they just call me and ask me the code or can I email them or re-send them a new form?sigh....
It is not possible to track you appln until you have an AOR No. So no point mailing them or re-sending a new form. CIC will not bother to call you or ask you at this stage. Expect return in a week or two.

CholeSv

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Thanks Andy. If the application will be returned in couple weeks, that's not too bad then, right? I can just correct it and re-send to them I think...
There are so many uncertainties, what if they missed it too and send me a file number :eek:

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
CholeSv said:
Thanks Andy. If the application will be returned in couple weeks, that's not too bad then, right? I can just correct it and re-send to them I think...
There are so many uncertainties, what if they missed it too and send me a file number :eek:
Very bleak chances of that happening. And in case such a thing happens, you can immediately revert with a new corrected form quoting the AOR.

CholeSv

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Andy2109 said:
Very bleak chances of that happening. And in case such a thing happens, you can immediately revert with a new corrected form quoting the AOR.
Thanks Andy:)

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
CholeSv said:
If I were you, I would reprint the correct forms and send it again right away. Dont wait for it to be retuned, unless you have 4 weeks to waste.
In regards to the payment receipt, if you paid online, I suggest you print another copy of the receipt and include it. Dont pay twice.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
chia_88 said:
If I were you, I would reprint the correct forms and send it again right away. Dont wait for it to be retuned, unless you have 4 weeks to waste.
In regards to the payment receipt, if you paid online, I suggest you print another copy of the receipt and include it. Dont pay twice.
Waste of time, money and energy. You will be trying to match two unknown threads if you reprint and send the forms without quoting any reference (AOR). No point duplicating the effort.
The best thing to do ... have patience for the application to be returned or bank on your luck to get AOR.