+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi All

The status on CIC account changed to "Final decision This application has been approved ". Now waiting for the passport to be receive then will share the length of TRV, my passport is expiring in 2026 let see for how long they gave me TRV.

I am really thankful to Bryanna for the helping and motivational words. You are Star :)

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fari22 said:
Hi All

The status on CIC account changed to "Final decision This application has been approved ". Now waiting for the passport to be receive then will share the length of TRV, my passport is expiring in 2026 let see for how long they gave me TRV.

I am really thankful to Bryanna for the helping and motivational words. You are Star :)

Thank you
That's absolutely great :) No more stress now LOL

Don't worry.... you'll get the US visa too

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Bryanna said:
That's absolutely great :) No more stress now LOL

Don't worry.... you'll get the US visa too
yes Now I can book the flight to get some cheapest fare :)

I am submitting the same documents for US visa which I submitted for Canada + Canada TRV

Thank you and it won't be possible without your help.

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi,

Which option is better to invite parents in terms of approval of visa officer:
- Super visa
or
- normal visit visa

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mr.gk said:
Hi,

Which option is better to invite parents in terms of approval of visa officer:
- Super visa
or
- normal visit visa

thanks
Any visa approval will depend on your + your parents' circumstances, your/their financial situation, etc

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi All,

Received the passport today and got 4 year multiple entry TRV. Passport is expiring in 2026 but will be eligible for British passport in 3 years 2019 IA.

Thanks to all for help and support specially Bryanna.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fari22 said:
Hi All,

Received the passport today and got 4 year multiple entry TRV. Passport is expiring in 2026 but will be eligible for British passport in 3 years 2019 IA.

Thanks to all for help and support specially Bryanna.
Superb. Really fantastic :) :)

I'm very happy for you. Now get your US visa asap :) :)

rsadoughi

Dec 3, 2016
Hi,
My GF arrived in the US last Sep. and started a graduate program.
She appled on 17th Nov. online for a visitor visa (in order to visit me in Vancouver).
She received an email asking her
- The enclosed Supplementary Information Request for Students form
- CV/Resume

By experience, anybody know how long it takes to get a final decision?
How long it takes them to send back the passport? She applied to the VAC in NewYork.

Thanks!

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Guys, I applied for my brother a visitor VISA from Lebanon on Nov 09th.

Until Dec 03, 11:21:34 PM EST :) no update under CIC Account. They did not even say they received his bio-metrics (did them the 10th) . Should I be worried ? :'(

jjjeffi

Dec 13, 2016
Hi,

I sent out my passport to VAC - Los Angeles on Wednesday 7th and according to my USPS tracking it arrived on Friday 9th

The thing is I am flying out to Vancouver to visit my cousin on Tuesday 20th
Will I get my passport back before that? I am genuinely worried.

Thanks!

stevenstunner

Jan 31, 2015
Hey im hoping i can get some help here. Im in canada on a OWP and trying to apply online for a TRV so i can go visit my family for the Christmas holiday. I applied online on the Nov 29th, 2016 and still havent gotta a respond. The form i submitted was 5708 (Extension of stay form) is this the right form?

however i called cic the morning and they told me that i submitted the wrong form so im trying to submit another application but im pretty confuse because its trying to charge me the biometrics fee of $85 dollars.

can someone help me please im really trying to submit this today because i already dont have enough time.

thanks much

Apr 1, 2016
stevenstunner said:
Hey im hoping i can get some help here. Im in canada on a OWP and trying to apply online for a TRV so i can go visit my family for the Christmas holiday. I applied online on the Nov 29th, 2016 and still havent gotta a respond. The form i submitted was 5708 (Extension of stay form) is this the right form?

however i called cic the morning and they told me that i submitted the wrong form so im trying to submit another application but im pretty confuse because its trying to charge me the biometrics fee of $85 dollars.

can someone help me please im really trying to submit this today because i already dont have enough time.

thanks much
Hi,

I have the same situation. Does CIC withdrawed your application and asked you to submit a new application? Or you can update the form using web form.

Thanks

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
I got this as a reply to my email:

"
Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.
Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file.
Rest assured, as soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.
We do understand the situation but kindly request your patience in this matter.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards

Immigration Section | Section de visa

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada

"

What do they mean by outside agencies ?