+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

erwinschro

Nov 7, 2016
zhangpet said:
Hi! I sent in my application about 1 week ago to LA, and it showed that my application has been approved and closed(Nov. 4th). However, they did not update any information regarding the shipment back to me. It's been 3 days now, and I still haven't heard anything from them. I am now wondering if they, or USPS, messed up my passport.

What should I do?
When did you apply online and how long did it take for it to get approved? I applied on Nov 4th and have an upcoming flight on the 23rd....

neww

Nov 8, 2016
My Timeline from New York, USA (Indian Citizen) (Visitor) status:

Applied Online : 25th Oct 2016
Passport Request received : 01st Nov 2016
Passport delivered to VAC : 03rd Nov 2016
CIC Application Receipt : 04th Nov 2016
passport in transit to Visa office : 07th Nov 2016
Passport with visa office "under consideration : 07th Nov 2015

Does anyone know how much it take to passport with visa?... I have appointment on 18th morning.

neww

Nov 8, 2016
CIC Status updated "Case is closed and approved": 10th Nov 2016
VAC status is still "under consideration" : 10th Nov 2016

Waiting for status update from VAC site...not sure when they will send...11th Nov is holiday then weekend for VAC.. :'(

lumberjack23

Mar 17, 2015
neww said:
CIC Status updated "Case is closed and approved": 10th Nov 2016
VAC status is still "under consideration" : 10th Nov 2016

Waiting for status update from VAC site...not sure when they will send...11th Nov is holiday then weekend for VAC.. :'(
Is it possible to bypass VAC and send it straight to the consulate? I think you will be find since CIC is the boss

neww

Nov 8, 2016
Update:
VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC : 15 Nov 2016

I tried to contact CIC but no luck... Now wishing VAC send it soon... :'(

I am not feeling good since timing is so tight... I should have my passport with visa by 17th Nov Morning 10 am then only I will be able to make it. :'(

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
a friend of mine submitted to VFS the passport for stamping and returned after 3 days.

By the way, it was my first time to see a six months multiple entry even though his passport expires in 2020.

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
If you do not submit your passport for your current TRV application, your file will be closed as a TRV refusal.

It's not possible to have two active visa applications simultaneously.

Your options are to either submit your passport ASAP now to the nearest VAC. Or to submit your passport when you are in India. Considering the long Diwali holidays (including Blue Dart), I would try and avoid submitting the passport in India

Bryanna pls check your inbox

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
kewl said:
a friend of mine submitted to VFS the passport for stamping and returned after 3 days.

By the way, it was my first time to see a six months multiple entry even though his passport expires in 2020.
Do the travel dates have any effect on processing time as if someone is intending to travel after two month the time he applied visa So can the Visa officer delay his application and process the one with more recent travel dates as he may need visa early due to o travel arrangements.

As I applied on 1 nov online and gave biometric at VAC London on 4 Nov but still haven't heard anything back from them as my travel dates are in last week dec . The processing time shown on the CIC website for London is 12 days.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fari22 said:
Do the travel dates have any effect on processing time as if someone is intending to travel after two month the time he applied visa So can the Visa officer delay his application and process the one with more recent travel dates as he may need visa early due to o travel arrangements.
No, it does not work that way. Travel dates/plane ticket bookings do not change/expedite the processing

As I applied on 1 nov online and gave biometric at VAC London on 4 Nov but still haven't heard anything back from them as my travel dates are in last week dec . The processing time shown on the CIC website for London is 12 days.
Processing starts only after a complete application is received. In your case, you gave your biometrics at the London VAC on 4 November (Friday).

Do note that IRCC processing times are only indicative and will change from application to application

erwinschro

Nov 7, 2016
Just received passport request today (17/11) and applied online 04/11. Travelling on 23/11....is it faster to submit in person? I live in LA

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
erwinschro said:
Just received passport request today (17/11) and applied online 04/11. Travelling on 23/11....is it faster to submit in person? I live in LA
Did you go for biometrics before the passport request ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fari22 said:
Did you go for biometrics before the passport request ?
Hope this will help you to understand the online process:
Apply online >> Get the biometrics letter in 24-48 hrs >> Give the biometrics within 30 days of getting the biometrics letter >> Wait for processing >> If visa approval is likely then you'll get a passport request >> Submit passport to the VAC/VFS >> Wait for final decision/visa stamping >> Get passport back

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hope this will help you to understand the online process:
Apply online >> Get the biometrics letter in 24-48 hrs >> Give the biometrics within 30 days of getting the biometrics letter >> Wait for processing >> If visa approval is likely then you'll get a passport request >> Submit passport to the VAC/VFS >> Wait for final decision/visa stamping >> Get passport back
Thank you for the detailed answer :)
waiting for passport request :(

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
I have applied online. VAC is Lebanon.

I can see my updates under my account but every time I check VAC, it says information not found. What number should I use ? What's my tracking ID number ? I gave my bio-metrics 10 days ago but no updates under My Account that says received.