Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
DNA Test Requested on MAY-2016 and DNA completed on 2nd week of August 2016.
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
09-Mar-2015
Med's Request
Re Medical request on 11 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front done on 30-Oct-2014
Interview........
Interview waived.
Passport Req..
Waiting for PPR.
VISA ISSUED...
God Know
LANDED..........
God Know
newbee1990 said:
Applied Online : August 6th 2016
Passport Request : August 30th
Submitted Passport : August 31st
VFS Office : Mumbai, India

Waiting for stamped passport.
was your visa office new delhi.

newbee1990

Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
23-08-2016(SA)
Med's Done....
27-05-2016
Interview........
24-08-2016 (AOR2)
Passport Req..
30-08-2016 (TRV PPR)

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visitor2016 said:
Thu Aug 11
Applied online

Thu Aug 12
CIC Status: Decision has been made, submit your passport

Sat Aug 13
Dispatched all required documents to VAC via USPS

Tue Aug 16
VAC Status: Passport in transit to Visa Office

Wed Aug 17
VAC Status: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

Thu Aug 18
CIC Status: Approved and closed

Fri Aug 19
VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

Mon Aug 22
VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

Tue Aug 23
Received Passport with stamped VISA (multiple entry)
This is fast!! :)

May I know from where and the Visa ofice please?

Thanks!

han92

Sep 19, 2016
visitor2016 said:
Thu Aug 11
Applied online

Thu Aug 12
CIC Status: Decision has been made, submit your passport

Sat Aug 13
Dispatched all required documents to VAC via USPS

Tue Aug 16
VAC Status: Passport in transit to Visa Office

Wed Aug 17
VAC Status: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

Thu Aug 18
CIC Status: Approved and closed

Fri Aug 19
VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

Mon Aug 22
VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

Tue Aug 23
Received Passport with stamped VISA (multiple entry)
Woow. You are such a lucky man.
Could you give us additional information, such as your citizenship, VAC office (NY or LA), and your Visa type?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
bellaluna said:
My timeline:

4 May: Submission & confirmation
5 May: Your application has been updated
7 May: Your application has been updated: Medicals passed
12 May: Original Passport Request
13 May: Submission to VFS (was advised I will receive the passport back in 3-5 business days: 14-15 May was a weekend)
17 May: Passport dispatched from Canadian Visa Office Manila to VFS
18 May: Received passport and multiple-entry TRV via courier, in 3 business days
I just received my GCMS notes for my application and noticed the MyCIC updates corresponded to the following:

5 May "ghost" update: Basically my application details were summarized in the GCMS: funds, reason for visiting, travel history, etc.
7 May update: Medical passed and Eligibility was "recommended passed"
12 May update: Final decision "Approved" and Eligibility was "Passed"

han92

Sep 19, 2016
I applied for Canadian Visa
Finally our Visa stamped today, Thanks Allah, also, thanks for everyone who helped me,

Visa Office: New York, United States
Submission Method: Online
Applied For: Visitor Visas

July 14, 2016 - Online application submitted
July 14, 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
July 14, 2016 - Submission Confirmation
July 15, 2016 - Biometric submitted at the USCIS Office

September 07, 2016 - Original Passports Request
September 08, 2016 - Original Passports to VAC NYC via USPS Priority 2 Days
September 08, 2016 - Money Order for VAC sent to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA via USPS Priority 2 Days
September 10, 2016 - USPS Delivered the Money Order to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA
September 12, 2016 - USPS Delivered the Passports to VAC NYC
September 13, 2016 - Confirmation email received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. VAC Status: Application Received.
September 14, 2016 - VAC status changed to: Pasport in transit to Visa Office
September 15, 2016 - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

September 16, 2016 - CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
September 16, 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
September 19, 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC”
September 19, 2016 - Passport Picked Up by FedEX at 4:16 PM EDT
September 20, 2016 - Passport Delivered to my address via FedEX Priority Overnight at 10:15 AM EDT

The Total days since I applied to I received the passports: 68 Days

Paul_1er

Sep 20, 2016
han92 said:
I applied for Canadian Visa
Finally our Visa stamped today, Thanks Allah, also, thanks for everyone who helped me,

Visa Office: New York, United States
Submission Method: Online
Applied For: Visitor Visas

July 14, 2016 - Online application submitted
July 14, 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
July 14, 2016 - Submission Confirmation
July 15, 2016 - Biometric submitted at the USCIS Office

September 07, 2016 - Original Passports Request
September 08, 2016 - Original Passports to VAC NYC via USPS Priority 2 Days
September 08, 2016 - Money Order for VAC sent to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA via USPS Priority 2 Days
September 10, 2016 - USPS Delivered the Money Order to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA
September 12, 2016 - USPS Delivered the Passports to VAC NYC
September 13, 2016 - Confirmation email received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. VAC Status: Application Received.
September 14, 2016 - VAC status changed to: Pasport in transit to Visa Office
September 15, 2016 - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

September 16, 2016 - CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
September 16, 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
September 19, 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC”
September 19, 2016 - Passport Picked Up by FedEX at 4:16 PM EDT
September 20, 2016 - Passport Delivered to my address via FedEX Priority Overnight at 10:15 AM EDT

The Total days since I applied to I received the passports: 68 Days
Hi han92,
Can you please help me with these questions:

Did you have to send both passports separetly? What about the money order, fees for each passport or just one?

han92

Sep 19, 2016
Paul_1er said:
Hi han92,
Can you please help me with these questions:

Did you have to send both passports separetly? What about the money order, fees for each passport or just one?
I'm sorry for the delay to answer you question.
No. I sent my passports together to NY VAC.
For the money order, yes, they are fees for each passport.
You can combine all the fees together (if you choice to let them send your passports via Fedex, you can also include the Fedex fees) in one money order.

rj01

Sep 28, 2016
Hello,

I just want to raise my concerned on how to send my passport, I apply my visitors visa online and I received an email from the visa office and they requires me to send my passport. Currently I'm here in Papua New Guinea therefore the nearest visa office here is Sydney Australia but VFS. global doesn't entertain an international application. Does anyone try to send their document via TNT or DHL courier and send it straight to the Canadian immigration Australia?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
rj01 said:
Hello,

I just want to raise my concerned on how to send my passport, I apply my visitors visa online and I received an email from the visa office and they requires me to send my passport. Currently I'm here in Papua New Guinea therefore the nearest visa office here is Sydney Australia but VFS. global doesn't entertain an international application. Does anyone try to send their document via TNT or DHL courier and send it straight to the Canadian immigration Australia?
I think it's more that the VFS in Papua New Guinea does not serve Canada visa applications, only the UK.

Also, in the link provided in the request letter from CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#P

Papua New Guinea citizens have to send their passports to VFS in Perth or Sydney.
So you have to courier your passport to either VFS in Perth or Sydney, NOT to the Canadian High Commission or Consulates in Australia:

See here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Australia/

Sep 29, 2016
Hi.

I just want to share my experience/timeline re: applying Canadian Tourist Visa. I applied online from Dubai. Processing from United Arab Emirates will take 58 days and I have an upcoming flight going to US on August 12. So, here goes...

18 July 2016 - CIC Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
18 July 2016 - CIC Submission Confirmation
15 Sept 2016 - CIC Original Passport Request (I am already in US)

I sent an email/enquiry to VAC in L.A. if I could send my Original Passport here in L.A. even if I applied online from Dubai and they responded "Yes" the same day, so, I sent my Passport the next day.

16 Sept 2016 - Passport mailed to VAC-L.A. thru USPS
20 Sept 2016 - VAC Passport received at VAC - L.A.
20 Sept 2016 - VAC Incomplete Application Package - Awaiting Applicant to Send Additional Documents to the VAC

So yeah, I overlooked the passport fee for online application. They sent an email to send a Money Order (30.59 USD) addressed to CSC Consular Services Inc. at Salt Lake City, Utah.

21 Sept 2016 - Money order mailed thru USPS (I reply to their email attaching the money order)
21 Sept 2016 - VAC Passport transit to Visa Office
22 Sept 2016 - VAC Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration
22 Sept 2016 - USPS Money order ready for pick up
23 Sept 2016 - USPS Money order picked up and sent to Wells Fargo
28 Sept 2016 - CIC This application has been approved
28 Sept 2016 - VAC Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
29 Sept 2016 - VAC Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

So, here I am, waiting. Hopefully by tomorrow (29 Sept 2016) I will receive my passport.

73 days in total. Wow! By the way, my husband and I applied at the same time, but he is in Dubai so he got his passport on 21 Sept 2016. :)
Good luck everyone!

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have raised the Visitor VISA request and it got approved. Now I need to send my passport and other document to VAC. The problem is I need to go India on 19 till 4th Nov so even if I send my passport now to VAC it is a very tight schedule and will not get the passport back till 19.

Can I raise the request again on 15 or 16 and then till I return back from India request will get approved then I send my passport. Is it possible as my current request will be open or will get automatically cancelled.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rahuldokwal said:
Hello Friends,

I have raised the Visitor VISA request and it got approved. Now I need to send my passport and other document to VAC. The problem is I need to go India on 19 till 4th Nov so even if I send my passport now to VAC it is a very tight schedule and will not get the passport back till 19.

Can I raise the request again on 15 or 16 and then till I return back from India request will get approved then I send my passport. Is it possible as my current request will be open or will get automatically cancelled.
You must submit your passport within 30 days of passport request. If you don't, your file will be closed as a TRV refusal.

You can submit your passport at a VAC, in India, for visa stamping. Send an email to the visa office (in India) requesting this.

Do keep in mind passport transmission time to/from the VAC to the visa office + holidays in India, for Diwali, before you submit your passport

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Bryanna said:
You must submit your passport within 30 days of passport request. If you don't, your file will be closed as a TRV refusal.

You can submit your passport at a VAC, in India, for visa stamping. Send an email to the visa office (in India) requesting this.

Do keep in mind passport transmission time to/from the VAC to the visa office + holidays in India, for Diwali, before you submit your passport
Thanks Bryanna,

So is it possible I can initiate a new request now which will get approved in the mean time I return from India and then I submit my passport after coming from India. Is it possible to raise a new request when the current request is still open or they will close the request automatically.