+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

mido_y2j

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Hi, My mother get original passport request in Cairo Egypt for TRV on January 25, she sent the passport and it was received on January 29.

since then we heard nothing and we don't know where the passport is or how to pick up, she called VAC and they said they don't have it and they said contact the cic and we did but they said email us we did email and heard nothing back.

any idea how long the passport turn around takes ? or who we suppose to contact ?

the status online said the file is approved and closed.

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
On various pages i have studies that a canadian permanent resident can sponsor his close relative, dependent child, spouse and parents. What about independent child sponsor visa? Can my parents sponsor me to visit or settle in canada. I am independent and married. Kindly guide me. Is their any process so that i make a visit to my parents in Canada?

PR1609

Dec 11, 2016
WIndsor, ON
hasan629 said:
Hi guys i need you reply on this

i got passport request for TRV two days back and i sent my passport through canada xpresspost prepaid yesterday and i put small envelope in big envelope with passport and a letter and sealed the big one and then canada post gave me tracking numbers for both envelopes but the problem is that both tracking numbers are activated and both are showing in transit

I did anything wrong? or is it normal? :'(
Did you get any update on this?
Ideally, the tracking ID of the return envelope gets activated only after the VAC returns the passport to you. Did you mention to the Canada Post that one is a pre-paid return envelope?

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
hassankhaliddar said:
On various pages i have studies that a canadian permanent resident can sponsor his close relative, dependent child, spouse and parents. What about independent child sponsor visa? Can my parents sponsor me to visit or settle in canada. I am independent and married. Kindly guide me. Is their any process so that i make a visit to my parents in Canada?

THey can give you an invitation letter to visit. However, you will have to apply yourself to visit or immigrate. Their presence will only give you few points in PR process.

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

I landed in Toronto on a PR Visa in November last year. Now, I want to apply for a visitor Visa for my parents. They will be staying here during summers for 3-4 months.

I am working with an ad agency (one year contract) in Toronto and also getting Children benefits.

Just wanted to know what all financial documents and explanations (if any) should me and my dad provide to have a strong application. I am planning following:

- My contract (showing duration and income)
- My Canadian Bank account statement (where salary cheques are getting deposited)
- My Canadian Bank Saving account statement (where all my Indian savings are lying)
- My dad's Pension document
- His account statement with all savings
- His account statement where pension gets credited
- Hi Property papers

And one explanation letter to clarify everything.

Do you think the documents will make it a solid case? Is there anything else I should enclose.

NAS35

Feb 25, 2017
Need some help and guidance. I hve missed passport submission date cuz i was not chkn my mails regularly. What can i do now. Thiugh i have email to enquiry office but no response till date. It has been a month now

Zahida

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
How long does it take to get passport from otrawa? I applied for visitor visa(online) from inside canada.

shapri

Apr 7, 2017
Hello Friends,
I need some assistance with passport receipt assistance at the CSC center in New York. USPS delivery receipt for my package shows that it was delivered with the original passports on Friday 03/31. It has been a week now and I have not received the tracking number. There has been no status update on my CIC online account as well. I have called their call center number a few times but they are unable to pull up my record and have not been able to assist. I have also sent a couple of emails to the ny-info@csc-cvac.com address with my details but have not received any response.

I am extremely concerned with my original passports being in the package. Hoping someone on this forum can help out with suggestions.

Thank you.

yesam2017

Apr 3, 2017
shapri said:
Hello Friends,
I need some assistance with passport receipt assistance at the CSC center in New York. USPS delivery receipt for my package shows that it was delivered with the original passports on Friday 03/31. It has been a week now and I have not received the tracking number. There has been no status update on my CIC online account as well. I have called their call center number a few times but they are unable to pull up my record and have not been able to assist. I have also sent a couple of emails to the ny-info@csc-cvac.com address with my details but have not received any response.

I am extremely concerned with my original passports being in the package. Hoping someone on this forum can help out with suggestions.

Thank you.
Patience is virtue. I think you will get it next week

NARESHB14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-14
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 23 dec
Nomination.....
PER: 02-19-2015
AOR Received.
03 -16-2015 from Warsaw VO
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line update on 15 April
Med's Request
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 & 02-06-2015, TLU 05-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly waiting
any one got NOC for Govt. Employes while applying for Visitor Visa. Please let me know the process to get NOC from Govt. Organizations in India.

The person living in Canada need to send any invitation letter to employer to send NOC to Canada immigration office?

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Dear All,

Appreciate help!

Applied online on 28th Mar 2017( indian Passport) lives in UAE
NO NEWS TILL TODAY ON MY APPLICATION.

Should i create a new GCkey account and reapply ? Money is not the concern just wondering if it is against their policy n will backfire.

Please advise

yesam2017

Apr 3, 2017
Suminimi said:
Dear All,

Appreciate help!

Applied online on 28th Mar 2017( indian Passport) lives in UAE
NO NEWS TILL TODAY ON MY APPLICATION.

Should i create a new GCkey account and reapply ? Money is not the concern just wondering if it is against their policy n will backfire.

Please advise
How long is their processing time. I say wait. Do not reapply until you hear from them. I am assuming you got an acknowledgement from them

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Processing time is 20 calander days from UAE . Today is 28th day.. yest I received only initial emails on day 1 after that nothing.. i am traveling in may end .. i am afraid if i wait for for reapply it might me too late as only 30 days left including approval and stampingg alone takes 2 weeks. Surprisingly my friends from same office and same nationality got approval in 1 week .. so want to try my luck again.

Please advise if can reapply

yesam2017

Apr 3, 2017
Suminimi said:
Processing time is 20 calander days from UAE . Today is 28th day.. yest I received only initial emails on day 1 after that nothing.. i am traveling in may end .. i am afraid if i wait for for reapply it might me too late as only 30 days left including approval and stampingg alone takes 2 weeks. Surprisingly my friends from same office and same nationality got approval in 1 week .. so want to try my luck again.

Please advise if can reapply
My personal opinion you are better off waiting for their decision. I have lived in Canada for 14 years now. so far what I have seen is if you provide documentations properly, your visa will get approved. The wait times have varied. it is usually high in spring as lot of people (tourist and family members) travel to Canada in summer. I strongly believe you will hear in the next two weeks. We applied for my father in law recently. They said 18 days it took exactly 18 business days. please wait

May 13, 2017
My experience with Canadian Visitor VISA-

Indian citizen working in US.

April 16 2017: Filled in the online application & uploaded the documents- Received the confirmation
April 20: Received the request for the original passport
April 20: Sent my passport to NYC VAC (overnight), return shipping package included and processing fee to Boston.
April 21: USPS confirms package delivered to NYC VAC
April 24th: VAC confirms the receipt of my passport
April 27th: Online account is updated to approved
April 28th: The tracking number shows: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
May 1st: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC
May 2nd 2017: Received my passport back

Hope that gives you the average processing time for the visitor visa application.