+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rahuldokwal said:
Thanks Bryanna,

So is it possible I can initiate a new request now which will get approved in the mean time I return from India and then I submit my passport after coming from India. Is it possible to raise a new request when the current request is still open or they will close the request automatically.
If you do not submit your passport for your current TRV application, your file will be closed as a TRV refusal.

It's not possible to have two active visa applications simultaneously.

Your options are to either submit your passport ASAP now to the nearest VAC. Or to submit your passport when you are in India. Considering the long Diwali holidays (including Blue Dart), I would try and avoid submitting the passport in India

anshy

Oct 8, 2016
Wed Sep 21 : Applied online

Mon Sep 26 : CIC Status: Decision has been made, submit your passport

Wed Sep 28: Dispatched all required documents to VAC via USPS (Priority mail)
Envelope 1 to New York address : [Old+New Passports, paid USPS return envelope, VAC Consent form, copy of Cashier Check $30.59, Contact information letter]
Envelope 2 to Philadelphia address: Original Cashier Check only

Fri Sep 30 : Documents Received by VAC

Mon Oct 3 : VAC Status: Passport in transit to Visa Office

Tue Oct 4: VAC Status: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

Wed Oct 5 : CIC Status: Approved and closed
VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

Thu Oct 6 : VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

Sat Oct 8 : Received Passport with stamped VISA (multiple entry) ( ~9 years till expiry of passport)

SunilC1973

Oct 9, 2016
Approved Online Work Visa: Passport Return Times

Hi Everyone,

I have received notification from CIC that my work visa application is approved and I need to submit my passport within 30 days.

I am currently working in Sweden on short project, my home location is Mumbai.

Since this notification has 30 days limit, I need to urgently fly back to Mumbai. I want to know if I submit my passport to VAC Mumbai on 27th Oct, when can I expect the passport to be returned back to me. Can I get it back within 1 week time? Is there express service available?

As my current employer can give me few days leave.

If you can help me with precise information it will be very helpful.

Thank you & Regards,

Sunil

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Approved Online Work Visa: Passport Return Times

SunilC1973 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have received notification from CIC that my work visa application is approved and I need to submit my passport within 30 days.

I am currently working in Sweden on short project, my home location is Mumbai.

Since this notification has 30 days limit, I need to urgently fly back to Mumbai. I want to know if I submit my passport to VAC Mumbai on 27th Oct, when can I expect the passport to be returned back to me. Can I get it back within 1 week time? Is there express service available?

As my current employer can give me few days leave.

If you can help me with precise information it will be very helpful.

Thank you & Regards,

Sunil
You're posting to the wrong section of the forum. Try Foreign Workers.

amprock83

Oct 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please share your experiences with VFS Abu Dhabi office. Me and My wife applied for Canada visit visa, We also submitted the invitation letter from my wife's brother who is in canada and canadian citizen. Will it give advantage and make the case stronger?

Processing time in Abu dhabi , paper based applications?

Appreciate your response

Kudouran

Oct 14, 2016
anshy said:

Envelope 1 to New York address : [Old+New Passports, paid USPS return envelope, VAC Consent form, copy of Cashier Check $30.59, Contact information letter]

Tue Oct 4: VAC Status: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration

Thu Oct 6 : VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

Sat Oct 8 : Received Passport with stamped VISA (multiple entry) ( ~9 years till expiry of passport)

You are lucky. May I ask what passport you have? I applied on Oct 7th, there is still not any update in my application status.

Kudouran

Oct 14, 2016
anshy said:

How to check VAC and CIC status? Thank you! There is no update in my account since my passport was delivered to the New York VAC office.

Kudouran

Oct 14, 2016
qqqqq111 said:
I have not heard back from them. My passport arrived yesterday, and status now is -under consideration...
your application is way faster than mine, I applied on 14 July and got the passport request on August...
Keep finger crossed!
Hello. How did you check your status? There is no update in my CIC account even though my passport was sent to the visa office.

Goldengirl87

Oct 30, 2016
I got the same thing too, and for anyone else wondering, don't worry! It is still a tourist/visitor visa. They just classify it under a general category called "PVT". But when I received my passport back, it was a multiple entry visitor visa.

dsiva said:
Hi

My passport reached the new York Canada VAC office and I got a confirmation email from VAC with passport receipt and online tracking number.
It had a row stating Visa Type : PVT in the confirmation email.

Is it a general term for a tourist visa type ? As when I googled regarding PVT visa type it says it a Working holiday visa comes under this PVT type with single entry :( but I applied for a tourist visa only.

Can anyone let me know for tourist visa the email confirmation had this PVT as visa type.

Thanks in Advance

icanada@12345

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Do we get uci number after visitor visa?
I submitted paper based application at vfs global.
I didn't get any paper mentioning my uci no.

sonie055

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not requested
AOR Received.
AOR 1-01-June-2016, AOR 2 -29 -June-2016
File Transfer...
28-June-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
24-04-2016(Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
22-Jan-2017
icanada@12345 said:
Do we get uci number after visitor visa?
I submitted paper based application at vfs global.
I didn't get any paper mentioning my uci no.
You will it once they start processing you application.

You may link your paper application online, so that you can get real time updates.

Cheers

ajdari

Oct 28, 2016
Hi, my question is about biometric letter. I am from Iran and have to do biometric collection. I applied for Canada visitor visa 30 days ago but I have not received any biometric letter yet (referral letter). My application was confirmed.Also I was not charged for biometric test.
would appreciate your help!
[/quote]

zhangpet

Nov 6, 2016
Hi! I sent in my application about 1 week ago to LA, and it showed that my application has been approved and closed(Nov. 4th). However, they did not update any information regarding the shipment back to me. It's been 3 days now, and I still haven't heard anything from them. I am now wondering if they, or USPS, messed up my passport.

What should I do?