+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

patdeep

Feb 7, 2014
JANDOUBI said:
I have question , please how did you contacted CIC or heard from them that they got your passport and printed your visa ? and did you send for them any document to accelerate you application or not ? if you can keep us updated please
Hi buddy , just call on number 1 888 242 2100

Thts cic help line number and select appropriate option , select visitor visa option

Andrew2016

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for TRV from within Canada and I have sent my passport for stamping To Ottawa by Canada Post Xpresspost Prepaid Envelope - Just worried as to when will I get my Passport back, my tickets are booked for August 11, 2016. Any help as to how long it takes CIC to send the passport back will be helpful. I promise to update my info as I get to know more from CIC or Canada Post Tracking number.
Timeline

Online application 27 July 2016

Passport requested 03 August 2016

Passport sent 03 August 2016

Passport delivered 04 August 2016

Waiting for passport/looking out for Canada Post Tracking

Any information will be helpful.

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
patdeep said:
Hi buddy , just call on number 1 888 242 2100

Thts cic help line number and select appropriate option , select visitor visa option
Thank you bud , I hope I hear a good news .

sunnypandu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I applied online for my dad visitor visa on 10th July, today I got a e-mail notification for passport request,
my dad gonna go to VFS and will submit passport and request letter.
Is there anything else to submit ?

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi, have a query My father, mother brother have us visitor visa for 10 yrs & I have only Thailand visa which expired last month as I was busy with work.

We are planning to apply Canada Tourist visa online as family but my father is main applicant and in list of documents it says marriage certificate required... We don't have that is it really required we just want to go for 10 days visit.

My father just retired, mother is also retired, me n my brother are working...

How much funds would be sufficient ?

Can somebody guide with documents list...

manismk612

Aug 8, 2016
Online Visitor Visa application from USA status update

Hello,
Does anyone know how long will it take for getting back the response for Visitor Visa online application?
I had applied on July 13, 2016 for my mom (visiting from India) and the closest consulate is New york...
the standard response time is said to be 13 days and its almost a month and no update other than
the acknowledgement email and receipt of the online docs/info on 7/13/2016.

I don't know if I can call or email anybody to get an update.
Any help is much appreciated
thanks
Mani

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
sunnypandu said:
Hello everyone, I applied online for my dad visitor visa on 10th July, today I got a e-mail notification for passport request,
my dad gonna go to VFS and will submit passport and request letter.
Is there anything else to submit ?

passport and passport request letter is sufficient.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Mr Singh said:
Hi, have a query My father, mother brother have us visitor visa for 10 yrs & I have only Thailand visa which expired last month as I was busy with work.

We are planning to apply Canada Tourist visa online as family but my father is main applicant and in list of documents it says marriage certificate required... We don't have that is it really required we just want to go for 10 days visit.

My father just retired, mother is also retired, me n my brother are working...

How much funds would be sufficient ?

Can somebody guide with documents list...
Yes, a marriage certificate is necessary if your father is going to be the principal application or vice versa. For 10 days visit, you may not need much funds to show, but to prove the ties you must show them 6-9 months old statement.

For documents look at the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Re: Online Visitor Visa application from USA status update

manismk612 said:
Hello,
Does anyone know how long will it take for getting back the response for Visitor Visa online application?
I had applied on July 13, 2016 for my mom (visiting from India) and the closest consulate is New york...
the standard response time is said to be 13 days and its almost a month and no update other than

thanks
Mani

Visa Application Centre – New York
Follow the link:
http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_centres

qqqqq111

Jul 27, 2016
Here is my timeline:

Applied online-July 14th
Received confirmation letter-July 14th
Received email said status has been updated-July 17th (no status updated)
Received email said status has been updated-July 23th (no status updated)
Passport request-August 1st
Passport sent-August 2nd
Passport received by visa application center (LA)- August 3rd
Passport received by visa office (LA)-August 4th
CIC status changed to "Closed/Approved", Passport is in transit to visa application center-August 8
In transit from VAC to application-August 9.
FedEx label created. Expecting passport before my travel day.

Went through real stress during this whole process since my planned trip is on August 14th. The whole discussions here have been really helpful. Thanks everyone and good luck on your application!

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Hi,
Applied TRV online 24th July
Avg processing time 8 days
I called today to confirm (9th Aug) why i haven't received anything yet.
The CIC agent checked my file and contacted the department. They said they have sent my application for some verification and i should hear within 8 weeks . :(.. no additional document is required and there is no issie with my application.

I am extremely worried. My tickets are booked for 21st Aug.

Is it possible for me to get the approval letter and get the stamp from my home country. Any idea is appreciated.

Cuteamanda

Aug 10, 2016
Re: Online Visitor Visa application from USA status update

Code:
manismk612 said:
Hello,

thanks
Mani

I'm in the exact same situation myself, submitted online application for TRV on 12th July and biometrics on 13th, no other communication except acknowledgement and online transmission emails since the 15th of July.
I filled the complaint web form and got automated responses. My issue is the conference I need to attend starts today so I'm really upset about it and wonder if I'd still be given the visa considering the event is already underway.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Hi All. Nice to see this thread. I just want to know when CPP-Ottawa receive the passport do they update the status in online application, saying passport recieved??

Send passport on 4th. canadapost says passport was delivered on 5th. But after that nothing. No status update mentioning the passport received nor my return tracking number is activated. So I am just wondering whether my passport is in a limbo? My friend sent his one last week and got the thing immediately. Relatively mine taking a longer time than i expected :(

mnageet

Aug 1, 2016
Visa Office: New York, United States
Submission Method: Online
Applied For: Visitor Visa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 11th 2016 - Online TRV Submitted
July 11th 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission, Submission Confirmation
July 11th 2016 through July 19th 2016 – Multiple emails from cic with message that your application has been updated. However, no updates were made in the cic account
July 21st 2016 – CIC Status: Request for actual passport
July 21st 2016 – Original Passport sent, $30.49 sent to Lockbox
July 25th 2016 - Received email from VAC for passport receipt with tracking id
July 25th 2016 – VAC Status: Passport in transit to Visa Office
July 26th 2016 – VAC Status: Passport received by visa office – under consideration
July 26th 2016 – CIC Status: Approved and closed
July 27th 2016 - VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
July 28th 2016 – VAC Status: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC
July 30th 2016 – Received passport with multiple entry visa for the validity of the passport

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
Hi guys ,
applied for TRV online within CANADA
Applied for Trv online July 21 2016
Reception of the application received from CIC July 21 2016
Passport request received July 29 2016
Passport sent to Ottawa by privet courier (Loomis express) the envelop including my passport and the letter of request and a prepaid privet envelop (Loomis express ) and that was my mistake because it is showing that i have to send an express post envelop for the return of my passport
Passport Received by CPP Ottawa August 04 2016
No update in my cic account so I called cic to make sure they received my passport , they confirmed
August 12 2016 I called again to see if there is any update because nothing showed up in my account , agent checked my status and told me that they send me my passport August 09 2016 with a ''courier'' :eek: :eek: :eek: , the problem that I think they did not send my passport through Loomis express because I am tracking it every day but it is not scanned , and the mailing address in my application is different then my location .....

So my question is : is it possible that CPP Ottawa send my passport with regular mail ?
What did the officer mean when he told me that '' they send my passport through a courier ??? did he mean Canada post or Loomis express ....

it's been 3 days now and nothing received or changed , I leave in Newfoundland ...

Please help guys and thank you