+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

davidzoan

Aug 2, 2016
qqqqq111 said:
WOW! congratulations! That was fast! Did you apply to expedite your application?
No, did not apply to expedite application.
Just followed normal process. I did provide extensive documentation for whatever was required based on my answers to the questionnaire.

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
Hi all
I have applied for TRV from within Canada and after 8 days I received a request from CIC to send my original passport for stamping , I was wondering if post Canada post will be on strike so sent my passport by DHL and i did include a prepaid DHL for the return of my passport .
CPP Ottawa received my passport august 3rd but after checking the immigration forms now I know that CPP Ottawa are not going to send me back my passport through DHL because they can accept only prepaid express post envelop , they will send it by regular mail .
my question is : witch address CIC will use to send me back my passport , is it the mailing address in my application ? or the address that I put it in the DHL return envelop ? because the two address are different .

Please Help me I am afraid to lost my passport .

one more question , is there any idea about timeline for TRV stamping and passport receiving within Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
JANDOUBI said:
Hi all
I have applied for TRV from within Canada and after 8 days I received a request from CIC to send my original passport for stamping , I was wondering if post Canada post will be on strike so sent my passport by DHL and i did include a prepaid DHL for the return of my passport .
CPP Ottawa received my passport august 3rd but after checking the immigration forms now I know that CPP Ottawa are not going to send me back my passport through DHL because they can accept only prepaid express post envelop , they will send it by regular mail .
my question is : witch address CIC will use to send me back my passport , is it the mailing address in my application ? or the address that I put it in the DHL return envelop ? because the two address are different .

one more question , is there any idea about timeline for TRV stamping and passport receiving within Canada.
Answered you in your duplicate post.

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
bellaluna said:
Answered you in your duplicate post.
Can you please post the answer here too. I an in the same dilemma. I was thinking of sending my passport with Purolator.

patdeep

Feb 7, 2014
JANDOUBI said:
Hi all

patdeep

Feb 7, 2014
I have sent my passport for stamping at 365 Laurier ave Ottawa by Canada express post envelope. I suppose to sent it to PO box e - application CPP Ottawa ( diff adress ) . I don't know what to do now. I sent through Canada post instead of private courier . I have sent with return express Canada post prepaid envelope. I don't know what to do now

Timeline

Online application 20 July 2016

Passport req. 27 July

Passport sent 28

Passport delivered 2 nd August

Waiting for passport

I hv booked ticket 14 August 2016

So stress now

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
patdeep said:
I have sent my passport for stamping at 365 Laurier ave Ottawa by Canada express post envelope. I suppose to sent it to PO box e - application CPP Ottawa ( diff adress ) . I don't know what to do now. I sent through Canada post instead of private courier . I have sent with return express Canada post prepaid envelope. I don't know what to do now

Timeline

Passport req. 27 July

Passport sent 28

Waiting for passport

So stress now

concerning the address you are good , because express canada is considered like courier in the same time so do not worry about that .
still the timeline I am not sure about it , I am still waiting for my passport too , please if there is any update for the next few days let me know .
best of luck

qqqqq111

Jul 27, 2016
I am on the same boat with you. I have ticket booked on August 14th and I sent my passport two days after you. I am EXTREMELY stressed too. Please update when you hear back from them, please. Good luck to you!

patdeep said:

Timeline

Passport req. 27 July

Passport sent 28

Waiting for passport

So stress now

patdeep

Feb 7, 2014
qqqqq111 said:
I am on the same boat with you. I have ticket booked on August 14th and I sent my passport two days after you. I am EXTREMELY stressed too. Please update when you hear back from them, please. Good luck to you!
Thanks

Did you get any update from cic ?

I have heared it takes around one week .

qqqqq111

Jul 27, 2016
patdeep said:
Thanks

Did you get any update from cic ?

I have heared it takes around one week .
I have not heard back from them. My passport arrived yesterday, and status now is -under consideration...
your application is way faster than mine, I applied on 14 July and got the passport request on August...
Keep finger crossed!

patdeep

Feb 7, 2014
qqqqq111 said:
I have not heard back from them. My passport arrived yesterday, and status now is -under consideration...
your application is way faster than mine, I applied on 14 July and got the passport request on August...
Keep finger crossed!
Have you applied from inside Canada ?

I have applied from inside Canada

I just had word with CIC agent he told me they got my passport in hand on 4 th August and my passport printed with visa on 5 th August . They will send it back on Monday . I m so much happy now

qqqqq111

Jul 27, 2016
patdeep said:

I just had word with CIC agent he told me they got my passport in hand on 4 th August and my passport printed with visa on 5 th August . They will send it back on Monday . I m so much happy now
wow!!! glad to hear that! Congratulations!

I applied from US. It is usually slower from outside Canada and no way to call them and talk to agent :(

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Hello guys I applied for TRV on 24th July. Since then I have received just 2 emails informing application has been updated.

Should I call cic on monday?? Applications processing date has passed.

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
patdeep said:

I have question , please how did you contacted CIC or heard from them that they got your passport and printed your visa ? and did you send for them any document to accelerate you application or not ? if you can keep us updated please