Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
riteshnaik said:
dmitrych

Did you specify any reason or including any documents while applying online to expedite the process?
Hi riteshnaik,
no, I didn't give them any reasons/documents to expedite the process. Even my intended dates of stay were more than 1 month in future (end of August).
I wonder myself if the purpose of the visit, the overall consistency/clarity of the application, or the information available to them about me could make any difference in processing time.. Or maybe it's just random

riteshnaik

Jul 24, 2014
dmitrych.

Oh!Ok. Thank you for your reply. Yes. It can be anything. Really hard to predict their process. Just keep hoping for the quick request.

dhirajgupta

Jul 29, 2014
Hello Members,

I have applied for Business Visitor visa and got a response to send original passport for processing on 24th July. I have sent the passport to VAC on 25th which was received on 28th July. I made a mistake of not sending the payment of 34.10$ as I was not aware of this payment.

I have mailed this payment today separately.

Anyone have any idea what will happen in this situation? Will they be able to reconcile the document or return my passport without processing?

riteshnaik

Jul 24, 2014
I guess there shouldn't be any problem though I think there might be some delay. Call VAC and inform them about this. BTW when you had applied and which VAC? Did you apply online?

simcanada

Jul 30, 2014
Hi.. I applied for a visitor visit via online application to visit Canada for a wedding.
I applied on 22nd July.
Got mail yesterday,28th July in my account to send the original passport .The status of my application is updated saying that "A decision has been made on your application".
Can anyone help me clarifying if my understanding is correct or not, that if they have asked for your passport, that means your visa is approved..??
Also i have mailed my passport to them .. In how much time can i expect them to mail it back to me.??

Thanks
simcanada

riteshnaik

Jul 24, 2014
Yes. If they have asked for passport, that means your visa is approved. Where did you mail your passport and when r u flying?

Ind_Usa_Can

Jul 31, 2014
I made an online application for TRV (visitor's visa) with India as the processing country. I received a message at My CIC asking for the passport. But in the request letter, "Date", "UCI", and "Application no." fields are blank. When I submit my passport to the nearest VAC along with this passport request letter, how would the VAC know the letter date and my UCI/application numbers?

Has anyone faced this problem with their passport request letter? Is question@cic.gc.ca the only place to contact for CIC online application glitches?

adeleduan

Jul 31, 2014
riteshnaik said:
Yes. If they have asked for passport, that means your visa is approved. Where did you mail your passport and when r u flying?
I hope this is true, as they requested my passport only one day after the online submission.

I wonder how do they deny a visa via the online application system? Has anyone been denied a visa using the online application?

katya0107

Jul 30, 2014
yes, if they request a passport, it means your application is approved. They sent a passport request to me 1 day after submission as well. It's alright ;)

judithxue

Jul 31, 2014
I applied for both of my parents. Why was the request for my mom's passport sent, but not for my father's? Their applications were submit together and even my father was the main applicant. Shall I be worried about if they forgot his case or there was a technical problem when they thought they sent the notice, then his application would be lost forever? Which way I could contact them? Is there anyone who had the similar experience? Thanks.

riteshnaik

Jul 24, 2014
katya0107.

When did you apply and did u apply online? I applied online on Jul 23rd and still waiting for passport request.

katya0107

Jul 30, 2014
riteshnaik said:
katya0107.

When did you apply and did u apply online? I applied online on Jul 23rd and still waiting for passport request.
I applied on July 16 and got a passport request on July 18.

montrealFan

Jul 18, 2014
Got my passport with a multiple entry VISA valid up to 1 day before my passport expires.

Trivia: The VISA start date is the date when I received the passport request letter.