+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
I dropped my passport to El Segundo VAC center today morning and now status showing is "Your current application status is Passport in Transit to the Visa Office".
Next two days are holidays. Any idea, how much does it take to further processing ? It will reach to LA Consulate Monday morning. I didn't not opted for courier delivery. Once it will come, I will personally pick passport from VAC, it will save some time.

Jul 1, 2014
I have send passport and money orders to the respective locations via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope on 12th July.

It would reach the VAC tomorrow.

I am hoping to get back in 10 business days.

Thank you hydguy for detailed description of steps of sending it to NY. It helped a lot to solve my questions.

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
My Application Status is showing "Closed"
A final decision has been reached - "This application has been approved"

When I am tracking my application, it says - "Your current application status is Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC".

Does it mean that it should reach VAC maximum by tomorrow ? I have travel date on 17th, so I am worried.

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
27th June - Applied online
10th July - Got Passport request
11th July - I dropped passports at VAC center
14th July - Application Status is showing "Closed". Passport is in transit to VAC
16th July - Got mail to collect passport from VAC.

I am flying tomorrow morning. I was worried :)
(Due to some reason, I am not able to send PM's)

Srav

Jul 17, 2014
Hi

I have applied on 24th June for a Visitor Visa and I received the transmission and submission confirmation immediately. I received an email that said "Your application has been updated" on 26th but I couldn't see any changes in the status. It still says open.

I wonder if I didn't fill in the application properly. I have the following questions:

1. Do you think it's a good idea to re apply ?
2. When I click on review submitted application, I only see the documents section. Should I be able to see other areas too ?
3. I need to return to India soon and if I get a passport request at that point, can I send it to the New Delhi consulate ?

I will appreciate any assistance you are able to offer. Thanks.

Jul 1, 2014
Applied : 27 June
Passport request : 10 July
Passport sent : 12 July

No status update. They received passport on 14h July. There is no status change on CIC nor I received any email.

Should I try to contact them or wait for a day or 2.

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
anyone knows when sending the passport to VAC to NY/LA one would just have to include 34.01 draft rite
or there is anything else along with it?

thanks

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
Srav said:
Hi

I have applied on 24th June for a Visitor Visa and I received the transmission and submission confirmation immediately. I received an email that said "Your application has been updated" on 26th but I couldn't see any changes in the status. It still says open.

I wonder if I didn't fill in the application properly. I have the following questions:

1. Do you think it's a good idea to re apply ?
2. When I click on review submitted application, I only see the documents section. Should I be able to see other areas too ?
3. I need to return to India soon and if I get a passport request at that point, can I send it to the New Delhi consulate ?

I will appreciate any assistance you are able to offer. Thanks.
1. Do you think it's a good idea to re-apply ?

I don't think its a good idea to reapply when you have one going already, also a waste of fees.

You can try e-mailing the NY or LA Consulate for any status updates (do mention your application #). No guarantees they will respond. There are a few people on the forum whose application status was not updated online but when they contacted CIC by e-mail, they were asked to send passport for stamping.

LA: los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

NY: NewYork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

You can also try the case-specific enquiry form:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

But there's also a note that if you use that link, they will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times. I think you are within the 'normal' processing time (35 days for LA and 38 days for NY).

Source:

http://cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-york.asp

http://cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/los-angeles.asp

There's not much information on MyCIC after submitting the application. We cannot even view the docs we uploaded, only a list of docs submitted is shown.

Where to submit your passport for stamping once the application is approved:

www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp

In your application form, if you have answered:

YES to question 9 (Country where applying - is same as current country of residence?), use the country/territory you provided to question 7 (Current Country of Residence)

NO to question 9 (Country where applying - is same as current country of residence?), use the country/territory you provided to question 9 (Country where applying)

I'm assuming you specified Current Country of Residence as USA in Q#7 and answered Yes to Q#9, in which case you need to submit the passport to either VAC NY or VAC LA for stamping. No harm in trying at New Delhi consulate, they will simply return the passport if they cannot stamp it.

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
boateng said:
anyone knows when sending the passport to VAC to NY/LA one would just have to include 34.01 draft rite
or there is anything else along with it?

thanks
Check these instructions I posted on a different thread: http://bit.ly/1moJru9

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not

Srav

Jul 17, 2014
@HydGuy - Thank you for the elaborate response. Appreciate your assistance. I guess, I will just need to wait it out.

montrealFan

Jul 18, 2014
So I applied online on Jun 10 and got the passport request on Jun 20. I had a trip coming up so I sent the passport on Jul 10.

But I did a crucial mistake. I sent the passport, passport request letter, CSC Consent Form AND the payment for $34.10 to VAC, NY. I had to send the payment to their PA office. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm sure this will result in some sort of delay. Will call them today to ask about this. Hope they respond well.

Any suggestions?

vvvicky1985

Jul 18, 2014
canadavisitor2014 said:
Applied : 27 June
Passport sent : 12 July

No status update. They received passport on 14h July. There is no status change on CIC nor I received any email.

Should I try to contact them or wait for a day or 2.
Hi,
Could you please keep us posted. My passports arrived VAC on 16th July, I just now called them and they could not track in their system. they said it means that they have not processed the passports (They might be still in the envelope with them).

Applied : 30 June
Passport Received to VAC: 16 July
No update as of 18th July even after calling VAC.

Thanks.