+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Finally received my passport :) :) :). End of an excruciating and agonizing long 5-6 weeks wait.. visited LA consulate yesterday and collected stamped passports in-person.. they returned all other documents along with return USPS express envelop that had sent last week.. My experience at LA consulate was great and I got much needed cooperation and help at this hour of need.. thanks to the lady at the counter and the support staff there.. Since I had not received any update from them even after 10-11 days of sending my passports for stamping, I decided to fly and meet them in person.. at the end it bore fruit and I must say it was worth it..all well that ends well..

Thank you all of you for providing your inputs and sharing your experience at each stage as we moved along the entire process.. wishing luck to those who are yet to receive approvals and stamped passports..

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Hi,

After receiving the email for sending the passports to New York consulate by mail, has anyone ever tried to submit the passports in person?

I know from experience that the return of a passport submitted by USPS mail can take 15-20 days. Problem is that I do not have 15-20 days. I need to be in Canada within a few days and therefore, I am wondering if I should travel to NY to submit the passport for stamping in person.

Does anyone have experience with the above situation? Please help.

Sri1986

May 8, 2013
Hi all,

I wish to share my experience for online work permit renewal and online TRV in Canada. I am staying Toronto and started my application process in March 2013

Work Permit Application Submitted : 2nd March 2013
Work Permit Received : 15th April 2013
Online TRV application Submitted : 17th April 2013
Passport Request Received : 3rd May 2013
Passport sent via xpress post : 3 rd May 2013 (Friday)
Passport Delivered to Ottawa CPP : 6th May 2013
Passport Delivered back to me With TRV: 8th May 2013

I am very much satisfied with the online TRV process, it is very simple and convenient. Please make sure you have submitted all the required documents in time to avoid any delay. Also use Canada post xpress envelopes for sending the passport which make life easier.

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
online. CIC website.

joeb123 said:
Where did you send his application ?

I submitted my application on 12th of April to CCP-Ottawa.
they have not got back to me yet. Ottawa is the slowest office in North America. But I am in no hurry, just wondering ... :)

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
strandedhelix said:
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.
I think you meant March 24th instead of April 24th. According to the processing times listed on mycic website, they are currently processing applications received on March 24th.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
forsaken11 said:
I think you meant March 24th instead of April 24th. According to the processing times listed on mycic website, they are currently processing applications received on March 24th.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
I did mean April 24 - as mentioned by the NY Consulate in their email to me. The dates in the webpage is if you apply within Canada.

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
strandedhelix said:
I did mean April 24 - as mentioned by the NY Consulate in their email to me. The dates in the webpage is if you apply within Canada.
Thank you for the clarification. Can you please share your timeline? When did you apply and did you apply online? I am assuming you applied for a TRV?

mbhsaz

May 12, 2013
My mom's application got approved online, I sent her passport to NY consulate which they received on April 22. Still waiting to get the passport back. Is anyone in same boat here?

TIA

Samik

May 12, 2013
mbhsaz said:
My mom's application got approved online, I sent her passport to NY consulate which they received on April 22. Still waiting to get the passport back. Is anyone in same boat here?

TIA
Mine was delivered to NY consulate on April 19th. Six days ago, they told me they were processing passports received on April 18th, but no news ever since. I'm very anxious about this waiting. :(

abhiiparakh

May 13, 2013
Applied Online, and got the email to mail my passport to NY. They received it May 3rd, still waiting to get it back. I thought I would get it back within a week as they just have to stamp it!

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Dbs said:
Finally received my passport :) :) :). End of an excruciating and agonizing long 5-6 weeks wait.. visited LA consulate yesterday and collected stamped passports in-person.. they returned all other documents along with return USPS express envelop that had sent last week.. My experience at LA consulate was great and I got much needed cooperation and help at this hour of need.. thanks to the lady at the counter and the support staff there.. Since I had not received any update from them even after 10-11 days of sending my passports for stamping, I decided to fly and meet them in person.. at the end it bore fruit and I must say it was worth it..all well that ends well..

Thank you all of you for providing your inputs and sharing your experience at each stage as we moved along the entire process.. wishing luck to those who are yet to receive approvals and stamped passports..
Congrats dude. I know we have all been waiting for a long time. Almost a two month wait for me before I got mine :)

mbhsaz

May 12, 2013
Thanks Samik. I got a reply today that my application is finalized and it will be returned to me shortly.

No update yet on USPS tracking ...

Samik

May 12, 2013
mbhsaz said:
Thanks Samik. I got a reply today that my application is finalized and it will be returned to me shortly.

No update yet on USPS tracking ...
Congratulations, I received the same email today. I just wonder how they define shortly.

srip

May 13, 2013
Hi Samik & mbhsz,

Is this for TRV visa .? When did you apply .? Did you apply Online or through mail .?