+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I applied for online visitor visa within Canada on Feb 26. I've approved on March 20 and send my passport to cpp ottawa. It's been 12 days they have it but my return envelope bar code is still inactive. I am really worried that it takes so long.... on the other hand my husband did not receive any result although we applied together on Feb 26. The website is showing they are investigating application on March 2!
We have an aeroplan ticket on April 25... I don't know what to do... I am really worried I went to cpp ottawa office in person but they kick me out in a polite way! I sent them an email and fax a week ago but got no response :(

Liuxiaoshuo

Apr 3, 2013
i same with you I was
Application sent online: Feb 15
Received: march 15
passport arrived in ottawa on Mar 20th with return envelope

and 13 day after . i didn't heard anything now I worried now
I booked a vocation started with April 9th . I am able to have the passport before April 8th

logismoi

Mar 20, 2013
Visacurious said:
Received my passport back today from LA Embassy.

Visa apply date: 8-Feb-2013
Passport request from Embassy: 7-Mar-2013
Passport Sent to Los Angeles Consulate: 25-Mar-2013 ( I was overseas so couldn't send the passport earlier)
Passport received by LA consulate: 26-Mar-2013
Passport received by me at my home address: 30-Mar-2013

Good luck to everyone. It seems that in LA it is taking one full week , in NY it is taking approx 2.5 weeks for passport to come back. Certainly LA is better.
Hi, when was your visa stamped? Did you provide a return envelope? Thanks!
I'm debating if I should send my passport via overnight delivery, so I'd greatly appreciate your response!

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
logismoi said:
Hi, when was your visa stamped? Did you provide a return envelope? Thanks!
I'm debating if I should send my passport via overnight delivery, so I'd greatly appreciate your response!
Hi - my visa was stamped on 27th march. I provided a USPS express mail envelope with the return address and stamp on it. I sent it via USPS express and it was delivered the next day at 1 PM.

anneliu

Apr 4, 2013
Hi

Do you mind let me know how long it takes you guys from application submission to receiving the passport? I have 2 months from the day of depart and am wondering if this is sufficient.

Thanks.

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
anneliu said:
Hi

Do you mind let me know how long it takes you guys from application submission to receiving the passport? I have 2 months from the day of depart and am wondering if this is sufficient.

Thanks.
Two month is just sufficient .. Assuming that you submit a application with strong documentation .

Liuxiaoshuo

Apr 3, 2013
lili2013 said:
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I applied for online visitor visa within Canada on Feb 26. I've approved on March 20 and send my passport to cpp ottawa. It's been 12 days they have it but my return envelope bar code is still inactive. I am really worried that it takes so long.... on the other hand my husband did not receive any result although we applied together on Feb 26. The website is showing they are investigating application on March 2!
We have an aeroplan ticket on April 25... I don't know what to do... I am really worried I went to cpp ottawa office in person but they kick me out in a polite way! I sent them an email and fax a week ago but got no response :(
did you get your passport yet?

Anisha1202

Apr 5, 2013
Mu husband and I chose to submit our applications together online (as a family). We have now been asked to send our passports to LA. I want to know if I should mail them in one envelope or if I should send it our separately. There is absolutely no information on this; very frustrating!

iftekhar25

Mar 13, 2013
Anisha1202 said:
Mu husband and I chose to submit our applications together online (as a family). We have now been asked to send our passports to LA. I want to know if I should mail them in one envelope or if I should send it our separately. There is absolutely no information on this; very frustrating!
If the two passports have the same application ID, the same package makes sense, right? Otherwise maybe the same shipment, but separate packages clearly demarking the separate application IDs.

Personally, I'm waiting on the embassy in Vienna to return my passport to me as well. I didn't send them a return DHL though, the DHL person I called told me that wasn't possible. in hindsight, the representative probably had no idea what she was talking about, but I didn't look into it and sent it in via DHL with no return airway bill. I am now kicking myself for it, because I hate to be separated from my passport for too long.

Anyway, the website says they return passports by registered mail if no return courier setup is arranged. That takes 1 week within the European Union (as I am). So I'm left waiting! Been a week now, I think I have to wait a little longer still. My flight is in 3 weeks. Cutting it a little close.

Fingers crossed!

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Hi,

I've US Visa interview scheduled in US embassy in Canada on 4/29. I've my flight tickets booked for Canada on 4/27. I applied online for me and my family together on 3/25. After reading through the posts and timeline, I'm worried whether I'll have my stamped passport before 4/27 and may cut very close to these dates. Is there any way I can have the process expedited? Thx..

ax4501

May 2, 2013
Windsor, ON
I submitted TRV application online on March 19 and exact 20 days later on 4/08 , i received request to submit passport. Sent the passport to them the same day and they received it on 4/11. I had to travel to mexico for vacation on May7 so i started to worry that if they dont send my passport back in time, then I might have to cancel my vacation. So i started sending them requests to expedite my passport return as it is almost 44 days since i started the process. Finally on 5/1 they replied that they sent the passport and i received it on 5/2 (today)

Overall i am very disappointed by the way Canada is handling TRV processing. But after several sleepless nights, finally got the passport just in time to go on a vacation.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
ax4501 said:
I submitted TRV application online on March 19 and exact 20 days later on 4/08 , i received request to submit passport. Sent the passport to them the same day and they received it on 4/11. I had to travel to mexico for vacation on May7 so i started to worry that if they dont send my passport back in time, then I might have to cancel my vacation. So i started sending them requests to expedite my passport return as it is almost 44 days since i started the process. Finally on 5/1 they replied that they sent the passport and i received it on 5/2 (today)

Overall i am very disappointed by the way Canada is handling TRV processing. But after several sleepless nights, finally got the passport just in time to go on a vacation.
Which consulate did you send your passport? Did you mention 'EAPP' at the top of the address?

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
i submitted my father's TRV application on 18th of april.
the decision was made on the 22nd april.
my father received his visa stamped on his passport yesterday, 2nd of may.

joeb123

Jun 21, 2010
Where did you send his application ?

I submitted my application on 12th of April to CCP-Ottawa.
they have not got back to me yet. Ottawa is the slowest office in North America. But I am in no hurry, just wondering ... :)