+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

zhangwei418

Feb 7, 2013
spideey666 said:
those who got the passports back.. can you please share the following:

1. How many months did you get the stamping for?
2. Single or multiple?
here's my timeline:

2/9/13 family visitors apply online
3/8/13 Passports requested
3/14/13 sent passports
3/15/13 Passports received at NY consulate
3/27/13 night, Passports sent to USPS (Prepaid Express Mail)
3/28/13 afternoon, found mail notice(I was not at home when it delivered), went to the Post Office to get Passports back. Multiple, 3 years.

Hope everybody can get what they want.

v.ilamparithi

Feb 6, 2013
8) :D ;D

Finally they have sent our passports back today.

Saw the tracking number today..

They received it on Mar 18. Shipped it back on Mar 28 :)

rajat_bansal

Mar 28, 2013
Hi all,
This is a very helpful forum and I can see that this thread has so many fellows who had applied online for TRV and been approved recently. Can you guys please help me?
I am applying online for TRV from USA, and need to upload digital photo as per requirements mentioned by CIC. However, I have below questions (even though I read the CIC instructions):

1. How many copies should be uploaded – one or two?
2. Does it have to be a color scan? (I have a colored photo but after I scan, it becomes black & white)
3. After scanning the passport photo (which I got printed from Walgreens), the photo dimensions are much larger than 35mm x 45mm, though the actual photo before scan is correct size. Also, there is a lot of white space border around the photo due to scan, with the photo just being in center of image. Is it a problem? If yes, How to overcome this?
4. Can it be a TIF file? (since I am able to get much smaller file size with TIF, about 80KB)

Thanks in advance!
Rajat

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
hope this helps.. (used upper case not to yell at you, but to differentiate the answers from questions :) )

1. How many copies should be uploaded – one or two? ONE
2. Does it have to be a color scan? (I have a colored photo but after I scan, it becomes black & white) - YES, IT SHOULD BE COLOR. IF AFTER SCANNING IT IS BECOMING BLACK AND WHITE, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG BECAUSE NO SCANNER DOES THAT. CHECK SCANNER SETTINGS
3. After scanning the passport photo (which I got printed from Walgreens), the photo dimensions are much larger than 35mm x 45mm, though the actual photo before scan is correct size. Also, there is a lot of white space border around the photo due to scan, with the photo just being in center of image. Is it a problem? If yes, How to overcome this? - USE A SIMPLE PHOTO SHOP SOFTWARE (EVEN WINDOWS PICTURE VIEWER WILL WORK) TO FIX THE DIMENSIONS
4. Can it be a TIF file? (since I am able to get much smaller file size with TIF, about 80KB) - TIFF FORMAT WILL DO , BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD GET HELP FROM SOME FRIEND WHO KNOWS PHOTOSHOP , OR TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF.

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks to all this is a very helpful forum. Myself and mywife have applied for Visitor visa through online. I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval. I have few questions

1- Shall we both send our passports in a single envelop and also provide a single return envelop. Or shall we send our passports separately. We have applied a single online application .
2- We stay in LA, is it mandatory to use USPS or can I use UPS or Fedex
3- Do we send our old passports or just the current passport.
4- I stay in LA so by default shall I send it to LA Canadian consulate.

rokmeamadeus

Mar 27, 2013
rokmeamadeus said:
Alright, thought I'd pitch in with my horror story as well.

Applied online: Feb 8
Passport Requested: March 14
Passport delivered at NYC: March 18

This is for a single entry. No word yet.
Applied online: Feb 8
Passport Requested: March 14
Passport delivered at NYC: March 18
Passport sent from NYC: March 28
Passport delivered: March 29

I'd say the current average time at the consulate is about 10-14 calendar days. Thanks again for the help, everyone!

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
Received my passport back today from LA Embassy.

Visa apply date: 8-Feb-2013
Passport request from Embassy: 7-Mar-2013
Passport Sent to Los Angeles Consulate: 25-Mar-2013 ( I was overseas so couldn't send the passport earlier)
Passport received by LA consulate: 26-Mar-2013
Passport received by me at my home address: 30-Mar-2013

Good luck to everyone. It seems that in LA it is taking one full week , in NY it is taking approx 2.5 weeks for passport to come back. Certainly LA is better.

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
Got my passport today.

Applied: Feb 12
Password requested: March 13
Received by consulate: Mar 15
Passport received Mar: 30 (Priority mail). If not I would have received it probably on 28 th or 29 th.

optymystik

Apr 3, 2013
I realized there are many people who are in the quest for the current processing times for Visitor Visa, and I am one among many. I feel the agony of anticipation and uncertainity. To mitigate this agony, I took an initiative to start a database, where each of us can contribute/submit our processing dates. This could be a great source of information as what to expect.

I humbly would like to request everyone to come forward and help the fellow Visa Seekers in this regard!! Please check the following link and post the information.

http://canvisatimes.blogspot.com/

ik17

Mar 26, 2013
Is there anyone who sent in their passport on or after the 21st March and has received their passport back ?

optymystik

Apr 3, 2013
I realized there are many people who are in the quest for the current processing times for Visitor Visa, and I am one among many. I feel the agony of anticipation and uncertinity. To mitigate this agony, I took an initiative to start a database, where each of us can contribute/submit our processing dates. This could be a great source of information as what to expect.

I humbly would like to request everyone to come forward and help the fellow Visa Seekers in this regard!! Please check the following link and post the information.

http://canvisatimes.blogspot.com/

ik17

Mar 26, 2013
Is there anyone who sent in their passport on or after the 21st March and has received their passport back ?