+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Sdwaragha

Mar 13, 2013
lwoodi said:
Tehy are still processing 30 Jan applications. I sent mine 4th Feb and nothing as yet. Patience.
Hi, wanted to know how you got the information that they are still processing 30 jan applications as of feb 27?
I applied through mail and it reached the NY consulate on 19 feb. Any guess or idea on when I might get the docs back? Thanks.

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
Anyone knows how long does it take for the passport to return after sending it to NY processing center? I applied online and received the message on the website to submit the passport for further processing.

iftekhar25

Mar 13, 2013
Visacurious said:
Anyone knows how long does it take for the passport to return after sending it to NY processing center? I applied online and received the message on the website to submit the passport for further processing.
This comment seems fair. That being said, I'm just wondering if anyone has actually appealed to them regarding this and seen them actually expedite it. Taking a week to put a sticker in a little book seems excessive.

I made my travel arrangements in advance of my application, and I'm cutting things a little tight, I may have to do this. Has anyone had any success requesting a "please send this back to me sooner rather than later because I am traveling"?

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
I have applied for a visa online. They informed me that the decision has been made and asked me for original passport. Does it mean that my application is approved? or they asked for original visa for rejected one too?

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hi there,

Can we please share your timeline (i.e. when did you apply and when did you hear from them)?
I have heard a lot of positive news - as long as they ask you for the passport, you should be ok!

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
MUSHROOMROOM said:
Hi there,

Can we please share your timeline (i.e. when did you apply and when did you hear from them)?
I have heard a lot of positive news - as long as they ask you for the passport, you should be ok!
For me: I submitted online application on 16 Jan; They requested document on 30 Jan, another requested document on 11 Feb,
asked for original passport 12 March, they received my passport on 14 March ... but I do not know the decision yet!

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
hi guys, i am looking to apply for a tvr for my wife... we have applied for immigration but the process is taking forever so just want her to get a glimpse of canada prehand and shorten the waiting period this way... purpose of her visit will be so that we can celebrate her b'day here together... is this a safe method aswell opposed to the printed paper stuff... how long is usually the process (1-2 months?)... also i am wondering how long can we ask the visit visa's duration to be? i am looking for about 4 months, would it be better to go for less or more? (wont mind the maximum time for her to be here, but if it hinders the result then fine with smaller safe duration)...

i am looking to provide with....

my job and bank details
her job letter
invitation letter
traveller insurance for her
our wedding certificate...

am i missing anything?

plz help would appreciate it...

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
apparently, none of the guyz who receive the passport back from cic come back here to post their experience. of course, they have no reason to come back to.

That being said, I would expect the passport back in 10 days or so. I just sent mine.

My question, is how long is the visitor visa given? 1 year? 2 years? Or does it depend on how long we have status in the US?

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
spideey666 said:
apparently, none of the guyz who receive the passport back from cic come back here to post their experience. of course, they have no reason to come back to.

That being said, I would expect the passport back in 10 days or so. I just sent mine.

My question, is how long is the visitor visa given? 1 year? 2 years? Or does it depend on how long we have status in the US?
Well that is unfortunate , because you of course want to offer answers and not just post your problems to make a successful forum for everybody's benefit :).

Hope you will come back with your confirmation on when you receive your passport back! :D :D

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
Visacurious said:
Well that is unfortunate , because you of course want to offer answers and not just post your problems to make a successful forum for everybody's benefit :).

Hope you will come back with your confirmation on when you receive your passport back! :D :D
They (LA) received my passport on 14 March noon and They re posted it to me this afternoon. Hopefully I would receive that by tomorrow noon ...

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
that does sound encouraging... I have 15 days window before I travel overseas, should I take a chance and send my passport for stamping?

itoen

Mar 12, 2013
Hi Mimram, may I ask when did you apply online and after how many days cic informed you to send the passport to LA?

mimram said:
I have applied for a visa online. They informed me that the decision has been made and asked me for original passport. Does it mean that my application is approved? or they asked for original visa for rejected one too?

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
hks11 said:
Validy for single entry would be six months
Are you referring to the validity of stay after you enter canada? Or the stamping end date they put on the passport? I am asking about the latter.