+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

simonxiaowang

Nov 18, 2017
Congratualations!

Status changed to approved: Final decisionYour application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.Help - Final decision

Is it correct? They received my passport 10 days ago but still see “you need to sens us your passport”

You need wait for the final approval. This means the officer haven't checked your passport yet.

Final Decision should be: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

sanskruti

Nov 22, 2017
Hello! I have been a silent observer at the forum for the last 1 week after I submitted my TRV application for a Canadian visa. Thanks to everyone who shared their timelines and provided other helpful information. My turn to “pay-it-forward” now :)

Posting my timeline so that people who need a visa quickly can know that there is hope :) Last Monday (11/13), I was asked by my employer to fly to Canada for a business meeting this coming Monday 11/27. After reading many online reviews, I realized it was almost impossible to get a visa in 2 weeks but decided to try any way.

Online application submitted: November 15th (Wednesday)
Passport request: November 17th (Friday)
Passport submitted in person at LAX VAC: November 20th (Monday)
Status change ("Application Received by the VAC and then In Transit to Visa office”): November 20th (Monday)
Status change (“Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration”): November 21st (Tuesday)
Status change ("Application processing complete - in transit to VAC"): November 21st (Tuesday)
Status change ("Passport ready for pickup"): November 22nd (Wednesday)

Three things that may have positively impacted my application processing time:
1. My application was submitted online by my company's legal firm.
2. I flew from Chicago to LAX to submit my passport in person.
3. I asked the VAC representative if there was any way to speed up the passport stamping timeline and was given an “expedited processing request form”. You need to specifically ask for this form. Once I submitted the hard-copy form, they also marked my application with a big red sticker.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Nkj222

Ravin99

Nov 20, 2017
Hi guys
I have applied on oct14 and got approved on nov 6. Sent passport on nov 7. Still waiting for my passport. Cannot track. Does anyone know how long would it take?

coca

Nov 13, 2017
Hi guys
I have applied on oct14 and got approved on nov 6. Sent passport on nov 7. Still waiting for my passport. Cannot track. Does anyone know how long would it take?
Did you status change? My passport was received on Nov 7th but my status hasn't changed.

nimitshah04

Nov 22, 2017
My Timeline

Application Made: Oct 23rd

Passport Request: 1st November

Passport delivered : 2nd November

TRV Approved : 21st November

Tracker : Not available

Any idea when can i expect my passport back from Ottawa ??

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How long does it take for the Philippine VFS to return the passport with super visa? We are worried that my mom won't be here with us on Christmas.

FALA

Nov 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Timeline

Online Application: October 16th

Passport requested: October 27th

Passport delivered (from Toronto): October 28th

Passport received by CPP (Ottawa): November 4th

Visa stamped: November 16th

Tracker: N/A

Passport has been in the mailing room for dispatch since November 17th (According to a CSR)

Alluvicky

Sep 29, 2015
Timeline

Online Application: October 16th

Passport requested: October 27th

Passport delivered (from Toronto): October 28th

Passport received by CPP (Ottawa): November 4th

Visa stamped: November 16th

Tracker: N/A

Passport has been in the mailing room for dispatch since November 17th (According to a CSR)
Same dates with me too pls let me know if you have any update. Thank you

bubbles26

Jul 13, 2017
Hi everyone, I imagine you've seen this question a million times but I can't seem to find the answer. I am currently in Colombia, I was asked to send my passport for permanent visa stamping to Mexico. However, I can't find a company that will give me a pre-paid envelope to send! DHL and Fedex apparently don't do it. Can someone please help? :( Thank you very much in advance!

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
Hi everyone, I imagine you've seen this question a million times but I can't seem to find the answer. I am currently in Colombia, I was asked to send my passport for permanent visa stamping to Mexico. However, I can't find a company that will give me a pre-paid envelope to send! DHL and Fedex apparently don't do it. Can someone please help? :( Thank you very much in advance!
You will need to create an online account with Fedex. from there you can create your own prepaid airbill. You will need a credit card to set it up.