+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

arjun_sood333

Sep 28, 2017
Hi guys

My passport was delivered to Ottawa office for TRV on 22nd NOV. I am leaving for INDIA on 9th of december. When can I expect my passport back.
Does anybody know, if I have enough time or I have to postpone my ticket.

Mahnoor

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
My passport was delivered to Ottawa office for TRV on 20th November. i will be leaving on 14th December. when can i expect my passport back? can anyone help me ?

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
Hi guys

My passport was delivered to Ottawa office for TRV on 22nd NOV. I am leaving for INDIA on 9th of december. When can I expect my passport back.
Does anybody know, if I have enough time or I have to postpone my ticket.
I don't think you will make it. You can check this thread for the timeline of people who applied for TRV and experienced delay.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-transit-time-cpp-ottawa.522364/page-24

Last edited:

HelloUT

Oct 15, 2016
My passport was delivered to Ottawa office for TRV on 20th November. i will be leaving on 14th December. when can i expect my passport back? can anyone help me ?
OMG lol my passport was sent to Ottawa on Nov 6 and there is no tracking record yet!!!!! Guess you cant make your trip happened

HelloUT

Oct 15, 2016
Applied: October 18th
Passport Request: November 2nd
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: November 6th
Status changed to approved: November 24th
Tracker activated: N/A
WOW we are on the same batch! Passport request and status changed on same date. CIC is so corrupted that one one can work efficiently. FK it!

HelloUT

Oct 15, 2016
My Timeline

Application Made: Oct 23rd

Passport Request: 1st November

Passport delivered : 2nd November

TRV Approved : 21st November

Tracker : Not available

Any idea when can i expect my passport back from Ottawa ??
They also send out by batch so expect to be returned in the early December... CIC is just like a retirement club that people cannot run their brain properly. LOL

coca

Nov 13, 2017
WOW we are on the same batch! Passport request and status changed on same date. CIC is so corrupted that one one can work efficiently. FK it!
My status was also changed on Nov 24th. But they told me the visa had not been printed out yet. Did you hear anything from them?

estella233

Nov 29, 2017
My status was also changed on Nov 24th. But they told me the visa had not been printed out yet. Did you hear anything from them?
My status also changed on Nov 24th and they told they are not sure how long the process would take since there is a high volume of mail intake. My passport request on Nov 1st and I applied on Oct 31th. In general, it costs 2 weeks from application to passport return. I am not sure why they are so slow now.

coca

Nov 13, 2017
My status also changed on Nov 24th and they told they are not sure how long the process would take since there is a high volume of mail intake. My passport request on Nov 1st and I applied on Oct 31th. In general, it costs 2 weeks from application to passport return. I am not sure why they are so slow now.
They told you by phone?

aaronsal21

Nov 24, 2017

This is my timeline. When i called them yesterday they said my passport is in the mailing room and i should probably get it next week.

Reactions: mumay14

coca

Nov 13, 2017

This is my timeline. When i called them yesterday they said my passport is in the mailing room and i should probably get it next week.
when did you call them? Yesterday afternoon? I called them this afternoon and they told me mine was still to be printed. My status also changed on 24th (did you receive e-mail for status change on 24th or you checked it yourself? my status changed on 24th but I received e-mail notification on 25th).