+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval In Principle (Indian Students) Gather Here !!

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
So I hope my get my aip till 8 th September (expiry of my previous offer letter)

what happens if I do not fill any webform and do not give them my new offer letter ..... as they are specially sending email to those students who have deferred their programs...

Jcn99

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hey, how to answer this question 'Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?', when I click on designated list of countries it gets me to a site showing a medical certificate requirement.
I believe it means precisely that, you just need to clear the remaining admissibility stage and you’ll will be approved

nimc

Aug 7, 2020
I believe it means precisely that, you just need to clear the remaining admissibility stage and you’ll will be approved
Actually I am asking, while applying initially, to check the eligibility , we have to fill a form with this question, 'Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?'. Should I be answering yes or no, keeping in mind I never visited any other country.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
Any update till on AIPs till now? Pakistan/India SDS. Deferred from May 2020 to Fall 2020. It has disturbed everything in life and every decision.

Classes are starting from 1st Sept and. I have to inform to the institute before mid-Aug regarding deferment. :( Sad to see this "so-called" priority processing. Before pandemic, students got approval earlier than this without "priority processing". Depressing!

Reactions: Panku Trehan

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Any update till on AIPs till now? Pakistan/India SDS. Deferred from May 2020 to Fall 2020. It has disturbed everything in life and every decision.

Classes are starting from 1st Sept and. I have to inform to the institute before mid-Aug regarding deferment. :( Sad to see this "so-called" priority processing. Before pandemic, students got approval earlier than this without "priority processing". Depressing!
On both webinar they just repeated same thing that we are trying to provide decision before Sept 15 . This is very depressing even my class starts from Sept 1st week and I have no option to defer for Jan 21 :(

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
Strange. It doesn't make any sense to give AIP after sept, since most classes start on 1st Sept. I read the same. But isn't it contradictory to their own statements and purpose of this "two phase approval".

As far as I remember, the purpose was to give AIP so that students have at least some sort of surety that their permit will be approved when they complete medical/biometrics (assuming one doesn't fail in those or have a criminal history or smth). Now, they are saying that they'll approve maximum before 15th of Sept and it might go beyond that. While the classes start on Sept 1 and we have to inform in advance for deferment. At the same time, they continue to say that you can/should start online prior to any approval.

Their are many cases which are being ignored and it doesn't make any sense to me at least:
  1. Many students don't have an option of deferment because they have either deferred before or next session would be Fall 2021.
  2. Students usually get scholarship, and it is not possible to avail unless you are in Canada and have a SIN. In that case, they'd be paying complete fee which is not possible for them.
  3. Countries like India/Pakistan/China and many others have a huge time-zone difference. I don't know how they expect students to effectively study while there's no special measure for them in place neither at federal/provincial level or at institute level (at least in my knowledge). I have talked to a few, it's totally up to the professor to entertain those scenarios.
  4. In many parts of different countries, incl. India and Pakistan, there's not even a stable internet connection for to participate in classes.
  5. Many students are doing jobs, have other plans, and already deferred. It's just depressing for them to hang like this.
  6. Another condition for this priority processing or AIP is that your classes must start in sept 2020. At the same time they have a "tentative" date of maximum approvals before 15 sept. Seriously? What are they expecting?
Considering this all, it only thing that makes sense is that, they've started this all in order to "collect the fee" and try to get maximum students to start their classes online. This way universities don't get a severe hit in terms of their finance.

They don't care how hard it is going to be for the students. Their only concern is fee and all the buzz about AIP, two stage approval, and PGWP eligibility is just for fee. Students are supposed to pay full fee for everything get only online classes.

I am not saying it is super easy for them. I know these are uncertain times and everything. But the governance must have a clear direction instead of hanging students like this. They can postpone the classes the next semester or ask universities to at least provide the option. In case if they have to do this whole AIP thing, at least do it the right way or don't do it at all. Applications are pending for months.

So disheartened!

SWATHY SUBHESH

Star Member
May 10, 2020
Guys...

No need to worry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recently updated their International Students site with the following instructions:

After you apply for your study permit, any time spent studying online from outside Canada now counts toward the length of a PGWP. (Before, only the time spent studying online after you were approved for a study permit counted.)
For this time to count, you must

• complete at least 50% of your program in Canada
  • apply for a study permit by September 15, 2020, and
  • start, or have started, your program in spring, summer or fall 2020
You won’t have time deducted from the length of your PGWP for studies you complete outside Canada until December 31, 2020.

Most of Our Fall 2020 online course registration process no longer requires a study permit approval or approval-in-principle (AiP). You may now complete your college registration by confirming that you submitted your study permit application before 15 September 2020!

During registration, a screenshot from your online IRCC account (showing your study permit submission date) can be uploaded in lieu of a study permit approval or AiP.

Please check with your DLI if they offers this option.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#pgwp-2020

Reactions: Aman_S

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Guys...

No need to worry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recently updated their International Students site with the following instructions:

After you apply for your study permit, any time spent studying online from outside Canada now counts toward the length of a PGWP. (Before, only the time spent studying online after you were approved for a study permit counted.)
For this time to count, you must

• complete at least 50% of your program in Canada
  • apply for a study permit by September 15, 2020, and
  • start, or have started, your program in spring, summer or fall 2020
You won’t have time deducted from the length of your PGWP for studies you complete outside Canada until December 31, 2020.

Most of Our Fall 2020 online course registration process no longer requires a study permit approval or approval-in-principle (AiP). You may now complete your college registration by confirming that you submitted your study permit application before 15 September 2020!

During registration, a screenshot from your online IRCC account (showing your study permit submission date) can be uploaded in lieu of a study permit approval or AiP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#pgwp-2020
After registration and starting the classes, if they decline AIP then are we eligible for refund from DLI?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020

The above information is not there in the link you posted. Can you please tell where did you get this information about taking a screenshot and uploading?

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY

The above information is not there in the link you posted. Can you please tell where did you get this information about taking a screenshot and uploading?
Right, I'm not seeing that either.

Tejashree.t27

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi All,

Just to update anyone who is confused about the AIP for SDS applications. I have received AIP yesterday (SDS application)

Below is the timeline

19th June: Online application submitted
31st July: Medical approved (I did my medical in feb)
13th Aug: AIP received

biometric is pending.

Reactions: getsthingsdone

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hey,
I have my classes starting in JAN 2021 and in order to start the online classes I need to get an AIP or a valid Study permit which is marked mandatory form my University and also in order to further proceed as per the communication on Twitter on 6th NOV 2020 the VACs are willing to open them so my question here is how long will it take to get my study permit or AIP (I had filed my visa on 28th SEPT 2020)

Do inform me if anyone of you has any information related to it.

It will be a great help

Thankyou

Tejashree.t27

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hey,
I have my classes starting in JAN 2021 and in order to start the online classes I need to get an AIP or a valid Study permit which is marked mandatory form my University and also in order to further proceed as per the communication on Twitter on 6th NOV 2020 the VACs are willing to open them so my question here is how long will it take to get my study permit or AIP (I had filed my visa on 28th SEPT 2020)

Do inform me if anyone of you has any information related to it.

It will be a great help

Thankyou
Sorry to break it to you..But as your Intake is in 2021 you will get visa.not an AIP.The VACs are not opening in November and whenever they open they are going to open the VAC in phases also the priority will be given to the students admitted to covid readiness approved DLIs. So I think it might take more time than you anticipate.