+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appointment Letter Received....

amitworld

Nov 8, 2014
Hello All,

I received an offer of employment from Bell Canada <info@bellcanadaservices.ca> as an Admin Assistant for which I had applied online on Linked in, however, not sure if this Appointment Offer which I have received is real or fake. Can any one please help me find the authenticity of this offer.
The address of employer is as follows
BELL CANADA
P O Box 920, Station A,
Toronto, Ontario M5W 1G5

They have asked me to fill up the forms and sign and send it back along with my passport scan copy and once I receive LMO, then will need to pay them a sum of Rs 27000 (Twenty Seven Thousand Rupees) for further proceedings. The total cost of this will be INR 270000 (Two Lacs Seventy Thousand) which the balance they will deduct from my salary every month (INR 20250) per month uptill 12th month and I need to sign a bond for the same.

They are asking for 27000 just to see if the client is really serious about job

Can anyone please guide me if this offer is real or fake?

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Save your troubles. Do not send these people anything. They will take your money and steal your identity. No legitimate company will charge you 30K rupees to find out if the job offer is serious.

Reactions: Evanso

amitworld

Nov 8, 2014
Thanks for the heads up David. They are saying that once I receive the LMO from them, then I should send them 27k, That's where my suspicion came.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no website when you enter the domain name into browser, but search for "bellcanadaservices....." reveals the following ad, which I think you have replied to (see below).

They indeed ask Rx 25000 upfront and the rest of it after getting an offer letter.
And they ask for scan of your passport.

Beware.

We have jobs for 'Electronics / Instrumentation Engineer jobs for freshers
Description for ""Engineers Required For Canada""

"Engineers Required For Canada"

We've some urgent Vacancies at Canada for Engineer
graduates.

Required Qualification : B.E/B.tech in E.C.E, C.S, I.T, M.E,
Civil, E.E

Experience : 0-5 years

Process Time : 3-4 Months

Process Charge : 3.75-4.75 Lacs

At the time of processing need to pay only Rs.25000/- . Rest
of the amount will be paid after getting offer letter,
permit, flight tck.

Prabhakaran5

Mar 12, 2015
Hi Amit,

I too just received an appointment letter from "Bell canada services" the same as you mentioned before. Please confirm this is a real or fake.
they didn't ask for money in the appointment letter.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Complete fake. I like it how they offer you a job and ask for money in return

Karan619

Jan 8, 2018
Hello sir,
I have got appointment letter from canadian tire company based at Canada Toronto.They hire me as sales executive and send me all relevant documents for immigration.
Kindly advise what steps i can take now.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello sir,
I have got appointment letter from canadian tire company based at Canada Toronto.They hire me as sales executive and send me all relevant documents for immigration.
Kindly advise what steps i can take now.
Are you sure this is not a scam as very unusual to get a job offer outside Canada. Can you share any more details here with personal details taken out so forum members can feedback. is the company following through with an LMIA for example having not found any candidates in Canada, are they offering a lot of benefits and even accomodation ? Have you had a SKype or in person interview or has the offer been made just on your CV ?

Reactions: canuck78

Karan619

Jan 8, 2018
Hi company name is canadian tire and now i have received a call canadian embessy from new delhi india ,they said i hv to fill employment insurance form for my visa process and have to pay 524can.
Is a indian account number.
Please guide.....

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi company name is canadian tire and now i have received a call canadian embessy from new delhi india ,they said i hv to fill employment insurance form for my visa process and have to pay 524can.
Please guide.....
Did you try to look up the number you got the call from? Never heard of IRCC calling people to submit employment insurance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please guide.....
It's a scam. There's no job.

Karan619

Jan 8, 2018
So what should i do now, how can verify that it is legit or not ??
That guys is immigration officer at Canadian embessy in new delhi india(chankyapuri).

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
That guys is immigration officer at Canadian embessy in new delhi india(chankyapuri).
It is not a legitimate offer if you pay the money you will not see anything in return, extremely unlikely Canadian TIre would be recruiting outside the country for a sales executive position and zero chance any embassy would be involved directly in recruitment.

Did you look up the embassy telephone number and called them to ask to speak this contact instead of the number they provided ?

Have you looked up the Canadian Tire website for a contact email address for their HR/ recruitment to validate with Canadian TIre directly ? In Canada they only accept job applications direct through the Canadian TIre website or in store for some positions

Have you communicated with these people via email, does the email look like a genuine government email address ?

Lastly employment insurance and paying to an Indian account !

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We can tell you it's not legitimate. It's very obviously not legitimate to anyone who is from Canada. There's no reason to check further.

Canadian Tire is a huge Canadian corporation and doesn't hire that way. Also, why are you being charged that much for a work permit when the fee is only around a fifth or a quarter of that cost? That's another sign of a scam.

Anyway - 100% a scam. Don't give them any money. You will never see the money again and you'll have no job.