+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV after PGWP from Outside Canada (India)

aman7411

Aug 30, 2022
Are you studying now if permit expires in 2023? This thread is about PGWPs so confused about your timelines.
He may I know how much time it ll take I applied on October 6th and my file is under review of eligibility from October 20th When I can expect my ppr ?

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
Hey Guys, It's been 97 days since my friend (PGWP Holder) applied for TRV from India but nothing updated yet. She applied on 22nd July and till now no response from IRCC. Any idea when can we expect PPR?

VaibhavBabani

Oct 28, 2022
Hi guys, so I have a valid PGWP and have applied for my TRV in India on 13th October and was curious to know if anyone has gotten their approved and if so can share their respective timelines. That would be such a great help.

While filling up the questionnaire I had selected Canada on both the following questions as it was clearly not directing us to the right (TRV) page if we didn’t select Canada. And while I uploaded my documents I had written an explanation letter as a supporting document to the immigration officer as to why I had chosen Canada in the questionnaire. But while filling up IMM5257 I had filled up country of residence as India and following.
I just wanted to share my story for now and will update further as per timelines. Thank you

Goswami20

Dec 21, 2022
Mee applied for TRV in July 2022, I’m a pgwp holder still no reply from india, is there anyone got there visa process done???

Mar 26, 2023
Applied April 6th. Heard nothing so far. I already have a PGWP but no TRV.
I am in a similar situation. I have applied for PGWP but have not gotten it. Now I need to visit India for urgent reasons. So can I apply for a TRV from India after approval of my pgwp and what will be the procedure? Your response will be appreciated.

Mar 26, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I got my TRV. Sharing the timeline:
Applied on IRCC portal: May 2, 2022
Biometric updated: May 2, 2022 (previous biometrics)
Passed medical: May 9, 2022
Passport submission letter: May 21, 2022
Passport submitted to VFS Delhi via courier service: May 23, 2022 and returned on May 31, 2022.
I am in a similar situation. I have applied for PGWP but have not gotten it. Now I need to visit India for urgent reasons. So can I apply for a TRV from India after approval of my pgwp and what will be the procedure? Your response will be appreciated.

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all i appreciate your help
i recently got my pgwp extension approval ( in Canada approval letter) but next week i have to travel but didnt got the physical work permit yet to my mail as it will take time to arrive to my canadian address .i have a valid trv so can i show my in canada approval letter and trv to re enter ?

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hello All,

I have been looking for a valid answer all over, but couldn't find a proper one. Apologizing if this question was asked earlier.
I completed my studies in Canada and applied for my PGWP. Meanwhile I came to India for some personal work. Now my TRV has expired and I want to apply for a new VISA.

Q1: Can I apply for a TRV with valid work permit from India?
Q2: When I feel up the questionnaire to determine my eligibility on cic website, one of the question is "Current country of residence". If I answer India, it takes me to apply for PGWP. If I answer Canada, it takes me to TRV - What should be the answer? (THIS IS THE BIGGEST CONCERN RIGHT NOW)
Q3: Also in the TRV application form the same question has been asked. What should be the answer? - India or Canada ?

It would be really helpful if you have any solution to the problem I am facing.

Thanks
Call me at 9106709511 ...i will explain you