+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV after PGWP from Outside Canada (India)

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Hi All,

Got my PPR :)
Sharing the timelines for reference.

April 6th: Applied TRV - PGWP Holder (India)
April 7th: Random Update (Start of Eligibility)-- This happened exactly after 24 hours of applying, hence I think it was automated.
July 27th: Request for medicals received -- Even though I was technically exempted from them, anyway I decided to get them done
August 5th: Clinic uploaded mu results
August 9th: Medical gets reflected on GcKey
August 12th: PPR

August 12th Same Day: Couriered my passport (To New York Office as I am currently in the USA)
August 15th - Passport received by VFS
August 16th - Passport received by IRCC office
August 17th- Passport received back by VFS office
August 18th (today) - Passport Couriered back

Passport Expected - Tomorrow by FedEX

Good luck everyone, its very annoying for people waiting, I hope this backlog gets over soon _/\_

Maneesh3336

Aug 16, 2022
Hi, i am also in same situation. Were you able to get answer for “country of residence “ question. Is it India or Canada.

mahesh91

May 10, 2020
Hi All,

Got my PPR :)
Sharing the timelines for reference.

April 6th: Applied TRV - PGWP Holder (India)
April 7th: Random Update (Start of Eligibility)-- This happened exactly after 24 hours of applying, hence I think it was automated.
July 27th: Request for medicals received -- Even though I was technically exempted from them, anyway I decided to get them done
August 5th: Clinic uploaded mu results
August 9th: Medical gets reflected on GcKey
August 12th: PPR

August 12th Same Day: Couriered my passport (To New York Office as I am currently in the USA)
August 15th - Passport received by VFS
August 16th - Passport received by IRCC office
August 17th- Passport received back by VFS office
August 18th (today) - Passport Couriered back

Passport Expected - Tomorrow by FedEX

Good luck everyone, its very annoying for people waiting, I hope this backlog gets over soon _/\_
Hello Parish. Congratulations. I am currently in India and need to apply for TRV. Can you suggest which country to select for question Current country of residence and country in application form. Thankyou.

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Hello Parish. Congratulations. I am currently in India and need to apply for TRV. Can you suggest which country to select for question Current country of residence and country in application form. Thankyou.
Hey,

In the questionnaire that leads you to the application type - You chose Canada - It will get you to the correct Application type, which is “TRV - Returning Workers”

but in the application form, you chose Canada as country of residence again BUT you have to chose India where they ask you ‘Country where applying’

i think they are question 7 and 9 respectively.

good luck

mahesh91

May 10, 2020
Hey,

In the questionnaire that leads you to the application type - You chose Canada - It will get you to the correct Application type, which is “TRV - Returning Workers”

but in the application form, you chose Canada as country of residence again BUT you have to chose India where they ask you ‘Country where applying’

i think they are question 7 and 9 respectively.

good luck
Thankyou for the quick response brother. May I know what did you answer for question 8 in the application form? (country we lived for 6 months in past 5 years? I should include Canada with status as student right? )

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I recently got my PGWP, and I'm currently applying from within Canada for a TRV visa. My wife came along with me when I was on my study permit, and she has a SOWP that will expire on September 30, 2022. While attempting to answer the following questionnaire, I'm becoming confused.

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
- Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
- Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
- Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
- Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
- Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

What shall I choose out of Yes or No? Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Vinay_varma

Sep 8, 2022
Hi, Could anyone of you share the timeline of your TRV application?
please share your timeline, mine as follows

TRV (Returning student ) Iam still in my last semester of my college.
Applied on 12 august 2022
bio : already gave in 2020
study permit validity 2023 march 31

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
please share your timeline, mine as follows

TRV (Returning student )
Applied on 12 august 2022
bio : already gave in 2020
study permit validity 2023 march 31
Are you studying now if permit expires in 2023? This thread is about PGWPs so confused about your timelines.