+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV after PGWP from Outside Canada (India)

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Hello All,

I have been looking for a valid answer all over, but couldn't find a proper one. Apologizing if this question was asked earlier.
I completed my studies in Canada and applied for my PGWP. Meanwhile I came to India for some personal work. Now my TRV has expired and I want to apply for a new VISA.

Q1: Can I apply for a TRV with valid work permit from India?
Q2: When I feel up the questionnaire to determine my eligibility on cic website, one of the question is "Current country of residence". If I answer India, it takes me to apply for PGWP. If I answer Canada, it takes me to TRV - What should be the answer? (THIS IS THE BIGGEST CONCERN RIGHT NOW)
Q3: Also in the TRV application form the same question has been asked. What should be the answer? - India or Canada ?

It would be really helpful if you have any solution to the problem I am facing.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I have been looking for a valid answer all over, but couldn't find a proper one. Apologizing if this question was asked earlier.
I completed my studies in Canada and applied for my PGWP. Meanwhile I came to India for some personal work. Now my TRV has expired and I want to apply for a new VISA.

Q2: When I feel up the questionnaire to determine my eligibility on cic website, one of the question is "Current country of residence". If I answer India, it takes me to apply for PGWP. If I answer Canada, it takes me to TRV - What should be the answer? (THIS IS THE BIGGEST CONCERN RIGHT NOW)
Q3: Also in the TRV application form the same question has been asked. What should be the answer? - India or Canada ?

Thanks
Do you have your approved PGWP?
1. You must apply for TRV to enter Canada.
2. Not sure where the questionnaire is but you are applying for a TRV outside Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/steps-apply-visitor-visa.html
3. You are in India.

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Do you have your approved PGWP?
1. You must apply for TRV to enter Canada.
2. Not sure where the questionnaire is but you are applying for a TRV outside Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/steps-apply-visitor-visa.html
3. You are in India.
Thanks Naturgrl.

The problem is that in the eligibility questionnaire (which eventually gives you application category to chose), If I chose my country of residence as India, it only gives me option to apply for PGWP - But I already have an approved PGWP!!
If I chose the country of resident to be "Canada" in the questionnaire, then it gives me the option of TRV. But I am afraid that it could be wrong information given.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Naturgrl.

The problem is that in the eligibility questionnaire (which eventually gives you application category to chose), If I chose my country of residence as India, it only gives me option to apply for PGWP - But I already have an approved PGWP!!
If I chose the country of resident to be "Canada" in the questionnaire, then it gives me the option of TRV. But I am afraid that it could be wrong information given.
Sorry I don’t know what questionnaire you are talking about. The link provides the link to apply through GKey.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Thanks Naturgrl.

If you already have a PGWP, wouldn't you only need a TRV?

drreenat

Dec 7, 2017
Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Hello All,

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know your status as of now. But if you don't mind could you please share the timeline of the TRV application. Did you receive it?

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi, Is there anyone who applied for TRV from India while on a PGWP? Please share timeline.. Thanks

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Applied April 6th. Heard nothing so far. I already have a PGWP but no TRV.
Ok, hopefully you will get soon!!

when you submitted the application, did you select Foreign Worker - Visitor Visa ??
One of the questions asks --Do you have a job offer -- Did you say yes or no ??