+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying PRTD in India

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I am doing a soft landing in Canada in November and returning back in a couple of weeks. After that, I might land a job offer in Canada in a month or so and might need to fly out immediately, so is it recommended that I apply for PRTD as soon as I return back to India. Is there any expiry date for the PRTD document?

Because if I do not happen to get a job in a month or so, I might wait like 6-8 months before flying out.
Prtd will have 6 months expiry.

For your case you can apply for one immediately and if offer does not happen, apply for prtd again for travel after 6 months. You might even get PR card by second time

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi all..

I want to do soft landing in next month and want to return in 2 3 days.. and will plan to apply for PRTD later. Is there any requirement of mentioning reason to leave canada in 2 3 days after first landing?

vshiva212

Oct 24, 2018
Hi Guys!

I’m kind of in the same situation but bit different. Did any of you guys travel back to India via London with out PR card? Did you have any issues boarding the flight to India?

Your response is highly appreciated!!
Hi! were you able to board the flight back to India via London without PR card?

Krrai

Mar 20, 2018
HI All,

My PR case is abit different and out of the ordinary and i desperately need your advice and help. I did my landing last year on 13 June 2018, my COPR has been stamped as "became PR on 13 June 2018". I did my landing and had to return to India within 2 weeks with an intention of moving permanently in a 1 or 1.5 months to close out few responsibilities on me.
At my landing, the Immigration officer denied giving me a clearance of issuing my PR card so as to not risk handing PR card over to someone else due to recent fraud cases in Canada of PR card being lost/forged by friends or relatives who were meant to courier it to the recipients who have left Canada to return a while later. However, the immigration officer assured the PR card would be given to me whenever I choose to move back to Canada permanently and that in Canadian immigration systems "I am officially a Canadian PR" and my COPR has also been stamped as that.

I am planning to move permanently to Canada January 2020 and it would have been 1.5 years since my landing. I have enough days in my hands left to complete the residency requirement of 730 days to renew PR later..

Since i do not have my PR card in hand i would be applying for a PRTD in India to move to Canada.

First question: It has been 1.5 years since my landing and being stamped as a PR, will i be given a PRTD when I apply for one? Or should i have applied as soon as I moved back to India?

Second question: I have my SIN number but not a canadian bank account, will i face any challenges to procure a PRTD? And what other documents are required?

I am very worried, i know i may be late to ask about this but i am hoping it is never too late.

Your kind reply and help will be much appreciated.

Thanking you.
Hi,
I wanted to know if you got the PRTD as I am also in a similar situation. Did you receive the PRTD without any issues.
Thanks
RR

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
I wanted to know if you got the PRTD as I am also in a similar situation. Did you receive the PRTD without any issues.
Thanks
RR
This is a common case, apply for prtd 1-2 months before you have to travel.

If you are going to be able to complete residency obligations, you will get a prtd without any issues.

Krrai

Mar 20, 2018
This is a common case, apply for prtd 1-2 months before you have to travel.

If you are going to be able to complete residency obligations, you will get a prtd without any issues.
Is it fine even if I go back after 2 yrs. I will have enough days left to fulfill the PR obligations.

Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

I had done my soft landing recently for 10 days and had to return back to India. Now I've gotten a job and i still didnt receive my PR card. So i'm applying for a PRTD urgently.

The form has sections where i need to attach documents to prove my Residency obligation. I became a PR on 22 dec 2019 and its only been 2 months now. Should i skip replying to that section in the form and only attach docs like COPR, SIN?

Please help.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

I had done my soft landing recently for 10 days and had to return back to India. Now I've gotten a job and i still didnt receive my PR card. So i'm applying for a PRTD urgently.

The form has sections where i need to attach documents to prove my Residency obligation. I became a PR on 22 dec 2019 and its only been 2 months now. Should i skip replying to that section in the form and only attach docs like COPR, SIN?

Please help.
Yes

Feb 13, 2020
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Also there is another section that says date of return? I only have a tentative date since i haven't booked tickets yet. Can i just give a tentative date? Another query is, they are talking about some document number from my COPR. what exactly is this number?

liachen

Jun 16, 2019
If I am
If I am going to move to Canada 2 years after receiving by PR (I still have 3 years left to fulfil my residency obligation). Do I have to write a letter on Humanitarian Ground to the immigration officer? I just have COPR and SIN handy with me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If I am
If I am going to move to Canada 2 years after receiving by PR (I still have 3 years left to fulfil my residency obligation). Do I have to write a letter on Humanitarian Ground to the immigration officer? I just have COPR and SIN handy with me.
You would still be compliant at that point.

liachen

Jun 16, 2019
1) Documents
In addition to the form had submitted the following
- COPR
- SIN
- bank statement
- 2 photographs

2) Timelines
Application was successfully processed in two weeks. Have seen folks getting in a week and others waiting for as long as 45 days.

3) you can submit the application and documents at any of the vfs centre

For PRTD, your case they would be looking into the following and hence, there won't be any issues in granting the PRTD
- is a permanent resident
- has enough days left to satisfy the two year residential obligation
Thank you for your response. I am moving after 2 years since I received by PR, I still have 3 years left to fulfil my residency obligation. Do I have to mention anything in the Humanitarian and Compassionate Ground section in the Application form why I came back? Also, in the document checklist, there is no checkbox or anything mentioned on COPR and SIN, the checklist speaks about accompanying a canadian citizen documents and working outside Canada with a Canadian firm documents?