+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying PRTD in India

pavigill

Jan 9, 2014
Hi!

My Pr card expired before I arrived in india in feb. I did not check the expiry date on my pr card. Human error on my part.

I applied for PRTD on feb 24th at the delhi Vfs office and had extended my flight 2 times as I still havent received the PRTD.

Any idea how long does it take? Any way I can get it faster? I have emailed the delhi immigration office and have attached a cover letter + my return flight ticket with my application.

Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Thank you for your response. I am moving after 2 years since I received by PR, I still have 3 years left to fulfil my residency obligation. Do I have to mention anything in the Humanitarian and Compassionate Ground section in the Application form why I came back? Also, in the document checklist, there is no checkbox or anything mentioned on COPR and SIN, the checklist speaks about accompanying a canadian citizen documents and working outside Canada with a Canadian firm documents?
It should not be an issue as you still have time left. Also, no harm in writing about why you came back and what your future plans are. The only section that is available for it is the H&C one. . When i had applied for PRTD, i had close to 5 years left to complete my residency obligation. i did , still write about why i came back and my intentions of going back to Canada.
This is what i had written in the H&C section
"I had landed in Canada for the first time on <date>. However, due to an emergency at home came back to India on <date>. Now, i would be going permanently to Saskatoon, Canada in November this year. As i intent to be in Canada by November this year, i would have another 4 years and 7 months to fulfill the 730 day requirement of being present in Canada."

COPR, we are mentioning that in the main form. May be the number is good enough for CIC to get all the information. However, you still do attach a copy of both the COPR and SIN to the main form.

Reactions: Mosay

NKV90

Mar 13, 2020
Hi!

My Pr card expired before I arrived in india in feb. I did not check the expiry date on my pr card. Human error on my part.

I applied for PRTD on feb 24th at the delhi Vfs office and had extended my flight 2 times as I still havent received the PRTD.

Any idea how long does it take? Any way I can get it faster? I have emailed the delhi immigration office and have attached a cover letter + my return flight ticket with my application.

Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated.
Did you receive it? If yes, when?
Thanks

liachen

Jun 16, 2019
It should not be an issue as you still have time left. Also, no harm in writing about why you came back and what your future plans are. The only section that is available for it is the H&C one. . When i had applied for PRTD, i had close to 5 years left to complete my residency obligation. i did , still write about why i came back and my intentions of going back to Canada.
This is what i had written in the H&C section
"I had landed in Canada for the first time on <date>. However, due to an emergency at home came back to India on <date>. Now, i would be going permanently to Saskatoon, Canada in November this year. As i intent to be in Canada by November this year, i would have another 4 years and 7 months to fulfill the 730 day requirement of being present in Canada."

COPR, we are mentioning that in the main form. May be the number is good enough for CIC to get all the information. However, you still do attach a copy of both the COPR and SIN to the main form.
Thank you so much, have any of the above requirements changed because of COVID? I was forced to stay back in India due to the lockdown, now planning to go by Dec 2020, I still have a little more than 730 days left to fulfill my residency obligation.

Sep 17, 2020
Hi,

I have to travel to India on Oct 8th. I did apply for my PR card on June 4th but I haven't received. Also VFS office in India is closed to take PRTD stamp on passport. Is CIC granting PRTD online due to COVID if vfs is closed.