+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for travel doc to return - How long do they give you to travel if issue

glani

Nov 4, 2012
Our story:

Landed Oct 2006 - Left Dec 2009 - We are currently at roughly 770 days residency and rapidly decreasing!

Our 2yr old had surgery to remove a brain tumor and afterwards he needed a lot of therapy, as we had no family support to help us with our other child we had to take the decision to move back to the UK so we could give our son the best possible chance with the therapy he needed. We have been here 3 yrs now and are ready to move back to Canada but PR cards expired in Jan this year.

So from all the information I understand we need to apply for a travel doc to get back in, I just need some answers to these questions if anyone can help me please :)

1, Do you think that being out of Canada for 3yrs will be seen as unacceptable given the above reasons, I know we onl just qualify for the 730 days but im scared they will just say your almost out of time so no way !!!

2, If they do issue a travel doc how long will them give us to travel ? we need to sell house etc

3, If they issue the doc does that mean we still have PR status and will be allowed to settle back in Canada without someone turfing us out when we try to re apply for our PR cards.

4, If and when we do get back to life in Canada I understand we shouldnt try to re apply for PR cards until we have been there for 2 yrs again, however if we want to travel out of the country would we be able to just drive across the US border on our UK passports and fly out from the US then fly back to the US and drive back into Canada with no PR cards ?

Thanks in advance for any help and advise you may be able to offer,

glani x