+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://imgur.com/a/1y8nvBA

Supervisa in Canada.....
Then code of the profile created... review the answers....

Doesn’t talk about a visitor record or extent stay... it also says change conditions... which in this case one would be doing...

So I agreed to disagree.....
That's an incorrect understanding.

For super visas, the visitor must apply from outside Canada/home country from scratch.

Also, changing conditions is not the same as changing from a TRV to a super visa.

Here it is:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html#overview

Guide 5551 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada

If your application is complete, the Case Processing Centre will send you either:
  • a visitor record, a new work permit or a new study permit; or
  • a letter refusing your application; or
  • notification that your application has been referred to a local Canada Immigration Centre for further assessment.

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
That's an incorrect understanding.

For super visas, the visitor must apply from outside Canada/home country from scratch.

Also, changing conditions is not the same as changing from a TRV to a super visa.

Here it is:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html#overview

Guide 5551 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada

If your application is complete, the Case Processing Centre will send you either:
  • a visitor record, a new work permit or a new study permit; or
  • a letter refusing your application; or
  • notification that your application has been referred to a local Canada Immigration Centre for further assessment.

I get what you are saying but then why we are given the option to apply for Super visa inland and also it have exact checklist as super visa?

I think I will call CIC and update this thread after.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I get what you are saying but then why we are given the option to apply for Super visa inland and also it have exact checklist as super visa?

I think I will call CIC and update this thread after.
It is not simply possible. You are NOT given the option to apply for an inland super visa.

There have been many people like yourself who believed they had stumbled on this golden visa application to keep their parents in Canada for years instead of sending the parents back.... only to be disappointed later. It does not work the way you think it does.

And, BTW it is best to write to IRCC (if you're still not convinced). The call centre agents are pretty useless and give incorrect advice most of the time.

1. Is the IMM 5645 application form which is required for a super visa application included in the document checklist?: NO

2. What is the form in the document checklist: It clearly says 'Application to extend or change your conditions'. It does not say 'Application for a super visa'

3. What does apply to extend the stay mean?: The exact same words.

4. What does change the conditions mean?: Applying to change from TRV to a worker or a student. Or any other similar change in temporary residence. It does not mean applying to change from a TRV to a super visa

5. What will the applicant receive at the end of the process to apply for an extension: A visitor record (a paper format document) that is mailed to the residence

6. What does an applicant get for a super visa approval: A PG-1 visa counterfoil pasted in his/her passport (when applied from abroad)

7. What happens when the applicant leaves the country after getting this paper-type visitor record: His/her visitor status lapses + s/he needs a valid visa (counterfoil in the passport) for re-entry + the re-entry will not be a super visa re-entry

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
https://imgur.com/a/1y8nvBA

Supervisa in Canada.....
Then code of the profile created... review the answers....

Doesn’t talk about a visitor record or extent stay... it also says change conditions... which in this case one would be doing...

So I agreed to disagree.....
I think this just means the questionnaire is buggy. Even your screen captures suggest that it leads to an extension of stay/status change application, and not a super visa application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think this just means the questionnaire is buggy. Even your screen captures suggest that it leads to an extension of stay/status change application, and not a super visa application.

No one's stopping you from attempting this application if you don't want to believe the explanations.
They incorrectly believe that 'Applying to change the conditions' means changing from a TRV to a super visa.

The resulting immigration document issued at the end of this 'Applying to extend or change the conditions" will firmly establish that it is not the same as a super visa.

IRCC will not request the parent's passport to stamp a PG-1 counterfoil if someone submits this 'Applying to extend or change the conditions' form

Reactions: bellaluna

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna
I have noticed in mycic account where it says updated every 4th/5th day for the supervisa application being processed but in fact I do not find any thing updated when I click on the button. This has been happening for last two 2/3 weeks.
Do you know what does this suppose to mean?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
I have noticed in mycic account where it says updated every 4th/5th day for the supervisa application being processed but in fact I do not find any thing updated when I click on the button. This has been happening for last two 2/3 weeks.
Do you know what does this suppose to mean?
Probably ghost updates. I guess you can expect a decision pretty soon

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
okay to clear the Air, I spoke to CIC twice (sometimes 1 agent give you wrong info) so it turned out that super visa can not be applied in Canada and the online application is just an extension of 2 years and reason it reads super visa because document requirement is same.

Second, one does not need to be in their own country, if you are in Canada you can apply for super visa through USA and it will not be an issue.

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
okay to clear the Air, I spoke to CIC twice (sometimes 1 agent give you wrong info) so it turned out that super visa can not be applied in Canada and the online application is just an extension of 2 years and reason it reads super visa because document requirement is same.
The documents for an extension are not the same as the requirements for a new super visa application.

Second, one does not need to be in their own country, if you are in Canada you can apply for super visa through USA and it will not be an issue.
This is doable if the applicant has a US visa

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
The documents for an extension are not the same as the requirements for a new super visa application.

This is doable if the applicant has a US visa
Well they ask for Insurance proof, only thing you dont need to provide is sponsor's income proof I think. These are the only two extra documents required for super visa over visitor visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well they ask for Insurance proof, only thing you dont need to provide is sponsor's income proof I think. These are the only two extra documents required for super visa over visitor visa.
For a TRV extension, it is not mandatory to buy super visa medical insurance coverage of minimum CAD 100,000. Nor does the sponsor-host need to prove that s/he meets LICO

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
For a TRV extension, it is not mandatory to buy super visa medical insurance coverage of minimum CAD 100,000. Nor does the sponsor-host need to prove that s/he meets LICO
Well CIC agent informed me that if you want to have extension for 2 years then you need medical insurance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well CIC agent informed me that if you want to have extension for 2 years then you need medical insurance.
Like I said earlier, the CIC agents are known to give incorrect information quite often.

Medical insurance is NOT required for an extension on a TRV entry. It would be wise to buy insurance coverage to cover any emergencies.

Also, the possibility of the stay getting extended for 2 years on a TRV entry is not likely. An applicant can expect an extension of 6 months or one year extension.

Use the 'Come to Canada' tool.... and you can check for yourself whether or not medical insurance is part of the document checklist for the 'Apply to change conditions/extend the stay etc' IMM5708 form

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hello,
My parents are currently in canada on Multiple visit visa. I want them to stay long. If i apply for extension how long extension they will get in one go. If extension is more than 6 months then they dont have to exit within next six months of getting extension?And what are the rules.Like if they exit due to xyz resson, what will happen?