+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Permit IN Canada

lenalm

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,

I really need your suggestions for the situation I am in right now:

Let me explain the situation:

My Brother came to visit me in Canada in April 2019. He liked here so much and decided to study here. He got the offer letter from the college in Canada.

We hired an agent to fill out our application form and by mistake, they filled the wrong form. Even though the applicant is in Canada on a visitor visa, the rule says they need to fill study permit application for outside of Canada. My agent filled inside of Canada form. Because of that the application got rejected.

We extended his visitor visa by the flagpole on the border and he got the extension in September. Now, we got another offer letter from college for January intake. We processed the GIC meanwhile just to be safe even though he doesn't need it.

Now, We are ready to submit the file again:

Main Question:

For residency, Will it be Canada or will it be his home country?
I talked to CIC, and CIC confirmed that for eligibility it should be home country, then the only system will generate the study permit outside of the Canada application form. But within the form, what should I write? As he extended his visitor visa he passed 183 days. But should we consider 183 days from the extension date?
I really appreciate your sooner response.
Hi PinalThakkar,
Did your brother received his study permit? Did you apply through LA office? Can you share you please share your story?

PinalThakkar

Oct 4, 2019
Actually, we hired the wrong agent to work for my brother's application, who doesn't know their business.
Actually, for an applicant who wanted to get the study permit while on visitor records in Canada, the process is the same as if they are applying from the home country. even the application form would be the same as they are applying from my home country.

So My agent filled the application form for the study permit extension instead of the new study permit application. So, he got the rejection first time saying that you cannot apply for a study permit extension as you don't have a study permit. That's obvious.

Then we applied for 2nd time with very much positive hope as we have all the proper documentation. But he got rejected once again saying that the officer is not satisfied that he will leave the country after his studies. Because he already applied 2 times while on a visitor visa.

I think the results of getting a study permit from being on a visitor visa varies from case to case. we need to cover all scenarios and then need to apply for the study permit.

I hope this is helpfull.

Parminder1216

Jan 25, 2020
Hii
Am rejected 3 times from.canada
I applied for study permit
10th 80%
12 th 80%
Bca 63%
Working as web developer
Itr 6 lakh something
Funds also show 5 lah
Bands score 6 6 6 6.5

Roopj

Feb 17, 2020
You're welcome! The study permit application process took 3 months. This is mostly because I had delays in my medical exam, as I didn't have any sort of original government ID or true certified copies because my passport was in LA. Unfortunately, the doctors don't accept photocopies either. That's why I advised you to have a true certified copy (not just a photocopy) to avoid the same mistake I did ;)

You can extend your visitor visa for another 6 months. My reason for extending was that I was waiting for my study permit and that I needed time to adjust to the school environment here in Canada. In my case, the visitor visa extension came out first before my study permit.

Let me know if you have more questions! I'll be glad to answer them. :)
Hey I have a visitor visa v-1 can I apply for study permit from within Canada? Can I do an online submission and mention my residency is in USA even though I’m in Canada?
I’m sure I have to cross the border.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I applied for a study permit while inside Canada, and I recently got an approval for it. What I did was to submit my application by mail to the Los Angeles VAC. Like you, my visitor visa will expire while my study permit application is ongoing so I applied for a visitor visa extension as well. You will have to send your passport when you apply for a study permit, as this is the required process by the Los Angeles Visa Office. Ensure that you have another valid government ID other than your passport in case you are asked for a medical exam as part of your application. If you don't have another ID, ensure that you have a certified true copy to present to the doctor when the time comes.
How did you apply for visitor visa extension and study permit extension both? The IRCC website says you can only apply to extend a study permit, visitor record or a new study permit.

Are you saying you submitted your passport for TRV stamping AFTER you got passport from U.S. office?