+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for student visa within Canada

CANVish

Mar 27, 2019
Dear Friends,

Just wanted to share that my new study permit approved after 29 business days. Waiting for my spouse and kids applications approval.

All the best to e everyone.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Dear Friends,

Just wanted to share that my new study permit approved after 29 business days. Waiting for my spouse and kids applications approval.

All the best to e everyone.

Date you applied and Date approved ?

May 6, 2019
Date you applied and Date approved ?
Hello I'm studying at secondary level and I have a visa is it possible for me to apply from within and also start school once I have sent my application
Foreign nationals who are in Canada as visitors and are authorized to apply for a study permit from within Canada under section R215(1)(f) may begin their studies once they have submitted their study permit application, provided the application has been submitted before the expiry of their visitor status. They are required to cease studying if their study permit application is refused.
R215 1 f
215 (1) A foreign national may apply for a study permit after entering Canada if they

(a) hold a study permit;

(b) apply within the period beginning 90 days before the expiry of their authorization to engage in studies in Canada under subsection 30(2) of the Act, or paragraph 188(1)(a) of these Regulations, and ending 90 days after that expiry;

(c) hold a work permit;

(d) are subject to an unenforceable removal order;

(e) hold a temporary resident permit issued under subsection 24(1) of the Act that is valid for at least six months;

(f) are a temporary resident who

(i) is studying at the preschool, primary or secondary level,

(ii) is a visiting or exchange student who is studying at a designated learning institution, or

(iii) has completed a course or program of study that is a prerequisite to their enrolling at a designated learning institution; or

(g) are in a situation described in section 207.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey! I applied June 4th and they didn’t even start to review my eligibility . When they did start yours? Your family got it as well?

Did you apply for your family as well ?

I believe if applying as a family , it's often delayed .
Since the other applications are not SP extensions .

Reactions: qdre

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
  • Applied online on June 11, 2019
  • July 17, 2019 Final Decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
About 5 weeks as per the estimated timeline.

Review of eligibility: July 10, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: July 17, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
  • July 17, 2019 Final Decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Extension application ?

qdre

Sep 4, 2018
Congratulations! Did you apply for anybody else?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey! I applied June 4th and they didn’t even start to review my eligibility . When they did start yours? Your family got it as well?

According to latest trends , it's a 30 to 35 calendar days processing .
Since yours is with family members , might take a bit longer .

Maybe they approved your SP and are working on your families' permits , to be sure about it , since your application passed the processing time , Call IRCC 1-888-242-2100 scroll through options by choosing 3-4-1-0 and you should be connected to an agent .

The best thing is they've introduced Call Back option , means you don't have to wait and be on hold for 30 minutes for your turn to talk :)

Reactions: qdre

qdre

Sep 4, 2018
According to latest trends , it's a 30 to 35 calendar days processing .
Since yours is with family members , might take a bit longer .

Maybe they approved your SP and are working on your families' permits , to be sure about it , since your application passed the processing time , Call IRCC 1-888-242-2100 scroll through options by choosing 3-4-1-0 and you should be connected to an agent .

The best thing is they've introduced Call Back option , means you don't have to wait and be on hold for 30 minutes for your turn to talk :)
Thank you. I did but they said that they were working on 21 May applications and my application is under the “normal” processing time.