+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Schengen visa as a Canadian PR

john_petrucci

May 2, 2013
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR, but for travelling to Europe I need to apply for the Schengen Visa. One thing that is confusing me is that, for applying for the visa I need to show a "Flight Itinerary or booking". Does anyone know how to get a "itinerary or booking" without purchasing the ticket? It doesn't make sense that someone purchases the ticket just to show it at the visa office and then if his visa is rejected he loses the ticket price. Any ideas?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
You should be able to make a reservation online without actually purchasing the ticket

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR, but for travelling to Europe I need to apply for the Schengen Visa. One thing that is confusing me is that, for applying for the visa I need to show a "Flight Itinerary or booking". Does anyone know how to get a "itinerary or booking" without purchasing the ticket? It doesn't make sense that someone purchases the ticket just to show it at the visa office and then if his visa is rejected he loses the ticket price. Any ideas?
Only a travel agent can help you book an itinerary. When I applied, I took my chances and booked a ticket and all my hotels. I got the visa in 2 days from the Italian embassy.

john_petrucci

May 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply xylene. My itinerary might be a little complex since I plan to travel to multiple countries. I plan to stay the most in Italy, so it makes sense that I apply for the visa there. So far, my planned itinerary looks like this, entry to Rome and exit from Paris.
Canada - Rome
Rome - Venice
Venice - Santorini
Santorini - Paris
Paris - Canada

Bhavikjazzy

Jun 3, 2017
Hi,

HI there,

Schengen visa is quite easy to get if all the documents are in place. So the odds of rejection are less, at least in my opinion. I usually do with a travel agent. He can give you flight reservation tickets as well as hotel reservations. They charge their fees but it's usually cheaper than the cost of cancellation. If you are doing by yourself, then I strongly advise to go for free/partial cancellation for hotels (from sites like from agoda, hotels, airbnb etc.) and air tickets. I think visa agency do not consider booking.com as a valid proof so I personally would not take chances on booking.com.

Regards,
Bhavik

Reactions: cadgijoe

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Thanks for the reply xylene. My itinerary might be a little complex since I plan to travel to multiple countries. I plan to stay the most in Italy, so it makes sense that I apply for the visa there. So far, my planned itinerary looks like this, entry to Rome and exit from Paris.
Canada - Rome
Rome - Venice
Venice - Santorini
Santorini - Paris
Paris - Canada
Since you are going to spend more time in Italy, you have to get schengen visa form Italian embassy. If you spend equal times in each of the countries then you need to go the embassy of the country where you land first.
I also had a similar itinerary. Went to Paris, then traveled through Italy and the flew back from Rome to Canada

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hello,

I am a Permanent Resident in Canada & planning to go to Poland in this December-2019. That's why I like to apply for the Schengen Visa. I would like to do it for the long term, so I do not need to go for the Schengen Visa again. I would like to know:

1. What will be the validity for the Schengen Visa? Am I eligible to apply 5 years multiple entry Schengen Visa?
2. Where should I submit the Schengen Visa?
3. Is there any link which might be helpful to process the VISA by myself?
4. Should I do it by myself or I have to go to an agent for processing?

Link: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/

Thanks

Last edited:

anujm2000

Jan 15, 2017
Hello,
1. What will be the validity for the Schengen Visa? Am I eligible to apply 5 years multiple entry Schengen Visa?
If you are a first-time schengen applicant, you are most likely to receive visa valid for the duration you mention in your itinerary (assuming you are a tourist). Schengen short-term visa (max stay 90 days) is rarely given for 5 years.

Reactions: goodboy97

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
If you are a first-time schengen applicant, you are most likely to receive visa valid for the duration you mention in your itinerary (assuming you are a tourist). Schengen short-term visa (max stay 90 days) is rarely given for 5 years.
Thanks a lot, mate

My_Wanderlust

Jul 28, 2019
Hi,

Planning for France-Andorra-Spain-France.

First time applicant for schengen visa (which also means I'm from a visa dependent country). Planning (initial port of entry as well as maximum time in) France then Andorra then Spain. Then I have two options:

a. return via Spain-Andorra-France
b. return via Spain-France

In each case I need separate visa. For France-Andorra-Spain-Andorra-France, I need a mutiple entry visa whereas for France-Andorra-Spain-France, I need double entry visa.

Theoretically I can plan for and hope to get the multiple entey visa but question is, I want to know what is more practical for a first time applicant? Whether I should plan my trip around a double or a mutiple entry visa given approval chances for each.

Also note that I will have onward journey confirmed so I will be leaving schengen area at the end of my trip.

Thanks for your responses!

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
I am a canadian PR with an Indian passport applying for Italian tourist schengen visa. i see only available slots right now are in first week of december. I'm worried if around 20 days is enough time for me to get it approved and stamped.

If anybody has done it recently from toronto, wanted to check how long did it take for the whole process to be completed? .I already have all the documents in place so i really am not expecting any more queries after submitting the passport