+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for infant visitor visa

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019
Hello,
Please could someone help me with below queries. I am applying for Canada visitor visa for my infant. I am a PR but in india since 2020 due to pandemic and pregnancy. Now I wish to go back and applying for visitor visa for my 7month old baby.
q1) do I create his own account on IRCC with his own GC key?
q2)since he is a baby do I have to declare that the form is filled by a representative, that is me
q3) should I be applying for visitor visa from
My IRCC account ? Not sure if there is such an option available.
In short , want to understand how to go about applying for infants visitor visa as a parent , is there any kind of declaration form needed ?

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hello,
Please could someone help me with below queries. I am applying for Canada visitor visa for my infant. I am a PR but in india since 2020 due to pandemic and pregnancy. Now I wish to go back and applying for visitor visa for my 7month old baby.
q1) do I create his own account on IRCC with his own GC key?
q2)since he is a baby do I have to declare that the form is filled by a representative, that is me
q3) should I be applying for visitor visa from
My IRCC account ? Not sure if there is such an option available.
In short , want to understand how to go about applying for infants visitor visa as a parent , is there any kind of declaration form needed ?
1.Create an account in the new portal
2. You can be his/her representative

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019
1.Create an account in the new portal
2. You can be his/her representative
Thanks , pls could you also help me with these questions in the form :

“How long are you planning to stay”
Should I be choosing more than 6months here ?

“How are you related to your family member”
Am assuming this needs to be answered as the infant and if yes then should I be selecting - child/grand child. Am not clear how to answer this question, should this be answered on behalf of the infant or answer this as representative stating what am I to the applicant, in that case answer would be parent

“Are you giving someone access to your application”
I think answer should be yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf. Is that correct ?

“Did your representative give you a submission letter”
Answer would be No . Since am the parent the answer should be NO as per my understanding, please can you confirm

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019

Am assuming this needs to be answered as the infant and if yes then should I be selecting - child/grand child. Am not clear how to answer this question, should this be answered on behalf of the infant or answer this as representative stating what am I to the applicant, in that case answer would be parent

I think answer should be yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf. Is that correct ?

Answer would be No . Since am the parent the answer should be NO as per my understanding, please can you confirm

Choose 2 or 3 months only , not more than 6 months.

Answer all the questions like your child is answering.

Are you giving someone access to your application” - Yes
You are the representative.

Did your representative give you a submission letter” - No

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019
Choose 2 or 3 months only , not more than 6 months.

Answer all the questions like your child is answering.

Are you giving someone access to your application” - Yes
You are the representative.

Did your representative give you a submission letter” - No
Thank you so much , it’s of great help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You should be honest and say that you and your spouse are PRs and want to return to Canada with your newborn to apply for sponsorship of your child. Is your spouse in Canada? If so your spouse should start the sponsorship process right away and indicate that you have started the sponsorship process in the TRV application. Do you meet your ROs?

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019
You should be honest and say that you and your spouse are PRs and want to return to Canada with your newborn to apply for sponsorship of your child. Is your spouse in Canada? If so your spouse should start the sponsorship process right away and indicate that you have started the sponsorship process in the TRV application. Do you meet your ROs?
Only I am PR, I got married post getting PR and then got stuck in pandemic. I cannot goto Canada alone leaving my baby behind and sponsor my baby, he needs to go with me

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi All,

I have few queries regarding Infant Visitor Visa :
My husband (PR Holder) is in Canada, but I, also a PR holder, currently in India and planning to travel to Canada with Baby on TRV.

1. Does Infant TRV require medical test?
2. Do we need to get any medical insurance for baby before travelling or we can get the health insurance once baby reaches Canada ?
3. Duration of stay has to be less than 6 months ?
4. We were planning to get PR for Baby once we reach Canada. But the current processing time for PR is longer, if the Visitor Visa expires for the Baby, does the baby has to travel back to India ?

Last edited:

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019
Hi All,

My husband (PR Holder) is in Canada, but I, also a PR holder, currently in India and planning to travel to Canada with Baby on TRV.

1. Does Infant TVR require medical test?
2. Do we need to get any medical insurance for baby before travelling or we can get the health insurance once baby reaches Canada ?
4. We were planning to get PR for Baby once we reach Canada. But the current processing time for PR is longer, if the Visitor Visa expires for the Baby, does the baby has to travel back to India ?
As far as I know babies don’t need biometrics and medical but I also haven’t filed TRV yet, I will Let you know when I do and get to know more. I think once you reach Canada you can figure out a way for baby to stay there either on trv or PR. Maybe the backlog would clear by then, if not then depending on trv if it’s 10 years or 5 years, you can make a trip back home india post 6months and then go back again. Logically if they know your situation they would give you a longer TRV which would be more than 6months. But again, this is all my understanding and assumption. I also have to apply and see how it goes

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

1. Does Infant TRV require medical test?
In addition to the comment above, if the TRV application was unsuccessful, try to get a temporary residency permit for the baby. If all failed, your husband will have to go for the outland route.

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
In addition to the comment above, if the TRV application was unsuccessful, try to get a temporary residency permit for the baby. If all failed, your husband will have to go for the outland route.
Can you please explain outland route ?
I am yet to apply TRV. I am trying to gather knowledge on the process of TRV for infants

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..