+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry while studying in Canada

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

I am currently holding a study permit and will be starting my course in Canada on January, 2018.
I am also eligible under express entry category.
So my query is like, can I apply for PR through express entry while studying in Canada?

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thank you Abhishek.
I actually read that link from cic site. I am new to express entry procedures, so could you please clarify to me on the following:

1. As I look eligible through FSW, does that mean that I explicitly have to apply for FSW somewhere while applying? Or does we onlh have to create our EE profile with the correct details and cic will decide on which stream we are eligible?

2. Inorder to be eligible for FSW, anyways we have to clear the CRS cutoff right?

Kindly do reply.

Thanks

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Thank you Abhishek.
I actually read that link from cic site. I am new to express entry procedures, so could you please clarify to me on the following:

1. As I look eligible through FSW, does that mean that I explicitly have to apply for FSW somewhere while applying? Or does we onlh have to create our EE profile with the correct details and cic will decide on which stream we are eligible?

2. Inorder to be eligible for FSW, anyways we have to clear the CRS cutoff right?

Kindly do reply.

Thanks
1. Yes, you just need to create the EE profile with your details (including IELTS and ECA of foreign credentials), you would automatically fall under the FSW stream if you don't have 1 year work experience within Canada.

2. Inorder to be eligible for FSW you would need 67/100 in the below FSW calculator:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

If you are eligible, then based on the various factors you would get a CRS score. You can put assumed values for IELTS (if not yet taken the IELTS General test) and check your CRS score here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

If your CRS score is above the CRS cut off for a particular draw (draws normally occur every few weeks) then you get the invite to apply for PR.

Reactions: amalmathew

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
1. Yes, you just need to create the EE profile with your details (including IELTS and ECA of foreign credentials), you would automatically fall under the FSW stream if you don't have 1 year work experience within Canada.

2. Inorder to be eligible for FSW you would need 67/100 in the below FSW calculator:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

If you are eligible, then based on the various factors you would get a CRS score. You can put assumed values for IELTS (if not yet taken the IELTS General test) and check your CRS score here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

If your CRS score is above the CRS cut off for a particular draw (draws normally occur every few weeks) then you get the invite to apply for PR.
Thank you very much Abhishek.

So even when I am studying (lets say I am in the second semester of studies of the total 4), I can get an ITA if I am eligible under my previous experience and profile and can get tbe PR still being a student right?

Thanks

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Thank you very much Abhishek.

So even when I am studying (lets say I am in the second semester of studies of the total 4), I can get an ITA if I am eligible under my previous experience and profile and can get tbe PR still being a student right?

Thanks
Yes.

TowerBridge

Aug 8, 2017
Hi
If we apply for EE or PNPs while studying, is there any problem when we apply for work permit later in case our study is over before our PR application gets approved?

Thanks

trulyunnie

Aug 2, 2022
Hi
If we apply for EE or PNPs while studying, is there any problem when we apply for work permit later in case our study is over before our PR application gets approved?

Thanks
Have you applied for EE and got a PR while on a study permit? Please respond. Thanks!